WOW! I can’t believe we are already in April, last month went WAAAYYYY too fast, #amirite?? Anyways, I thought I’d pop on here and share some of my monthly favorites with you all! I have a lot to talk about so let’s just jump right in! Oh, and I will try to include links and prices for everything that I mention below!
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray: $31 – I love this stuff, it’s hands down my favorite setting spray that I’ve tried thus far!
- Tarte Double Duty Beauty: Don’t be Afraid to Dazzle: $30 – I’m a relatively fair to light skinned human being and the contour shade in this palette is to die for! It’s the perfect cool toned (not too cool to where you look dead) contour shade for ladies who are a little more on the fair side! As for the highlight shade; it’s actually a little dark for me, however I like to use it as a topper and dust a little over of my Flexitarian ($8) highlight from ColourPop Cosmetics.
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder: $30 – I had been using the IT Cosmetics: Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder ($29) and I loved it, but I ran out and decided to try something new. So far, I’m really loving it. I can’t say if I like it better than the IT Cosmetics powder but I will definitely keep you all posted!
- Tarte: Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara: $23 – I received a deluxe sample of this mascara when I ordered my contour & highlight palette that I mentioned above. I have never purchased a high end mascara as I just never thought that they were worth it…I was wrong. I LOVE this mascara!!!! While I still love my Maybelline The Rocket Mascara ($6.99), and use it a multiple times a week, whenever I run out of my deluxe sample of Lights, Camera, Lashes, I will purchase the full size!
- NYX Total Control Drop Foundation: $13.99 – Despite all of the makeup that I’m mentioning in this post, I don’t wear a lot on my face from day-to-day. I love this foundation because it’s totally customizable as far as coverage is concerned. It can feel like a tinted moisturizer or a full-coverage foundation depending on the number of drops you use. They have an incredible color-range (I’m in the shade Vanilla) and I think it would work for many different skin types! All-in-all, it’s a win for me!
- Real Techniques Powder Brush: $9.99 – This is just a really great, affordable powder brush. It’s big and fluffy, and well, it’s just darn good!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette: $42 – This is hands down the best eyeshadow palette I have ever used. The colors are rich and pigmented while maintaining their buttery and bendable formula! Simply stunning and totally worth the money!
- Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant: $16 – I don’t know about you all, but sometimes my skin, including my lips, can get insanely dry. I decided to try this exfoliant out when my lips where having a cactus-like dry spell in the winter and I have been loving it ever since. It has a nice minty fresh scent/taste and I think it does a really nice job exfoliating my lips without being too harsh!
- Benefit: The POREfessional Face Primer: $31 ($12 for the mini) – I have tried a slew of different primers over the last few months but I always find myself coming back to the POREfessioonal, the Too Faced Primed & Poreless ($30) or the Too Faced Hangover RX primers ($32). The POREfessional & the Primed and Poreless both do a nice job of blurring out problem areas and helping to create a flawless base for foundation application. If my skin is behaving itself, I will wear the primer by itself and throw on some mascara and call it a day…sadly my skin hasn’t been on it’s best behavior lately. As for the Hangover RX primer, I typically reach for that in the winter months when my skin feels like the Atacama Desert (shoutout to Chile). It does a great job of hydrating the skin and making you feel more refreshed. It doesn’t do much for the those problem areas so if you’re looking for a pore minimizer you may have to add one on top!
- NYX Proof It: $6.99 – I have only tried 2 eyeshadow primers and this one is my favorite of the two. I don’t know if I would call it a holy grail product, but it does the job!
- Sonia Kashuk Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation: $12.99 – I bought this after YouTuber, Casey Holmes recommended it and I absolutely love it! I think it has a beautiful finish while giving medium to full coverage. It never feels cakey and it doesn’t separate throughout the day (separation is the worst #amirite). I will say that it does have a stronger scent to it; it’s not a bad scent perse, just a stronger scent than most foundations I use. If you are sensitive to smell you may wanna pass on this one!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: $8.99 – I love this concealer for everyday wear. I use the brightener shade and it really helps me to look more awake! It highlights the areas I want to highlight, never feels cakey, and is insanely affordable…so for me, this is a win!
- Maybelline LipStudio Color Jolt Lip Paint: $9.99 – I have the shade Stripped Down and I think it is one of the prettiest lip colors I have ever worn. It is a beautiful nudey-mauve shade and it compliments my skin tone perfectly. It’s not overly long-wearing but that doesn’t bother me because It’s easy to touch up and never gets crusty or cakey on the lips! I highly recommend you checking these out if you’re in the market for a new lip product!
- NYX Intense Butter Gloss: $5.99 – I have the shade Toasted Marshmallow and It’s a rich pink shade with a hint of burgundy, at least that’s how it pulls on my lips. It smells like a delicious cupcake, is crazy affordable and is just an all around nice, wearable lip color!
- Murad Anti-Aging Time Release Acne Cleanser: $34 – I swear by this cleanser; it has changed the game as far as those pesky hormonal blemishes go! If you’re looking for something to calm your skin and soothe irritation, give it a try!
- Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque: $47 – Speaking of those pesky hormonal blemishes…this face mask is a God send…honestly. I only use it on my problem areas and have seen such a difference in my skin! I will say if you have sensitive skin you may want to test this before leaving it on for the full 10-15 minutes. I myself can only leave it on for about 5-7 minutes before having to wash it off…so just be mindful of that!
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: $7.99 – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dry shampoo. I use it more than I am willing to admit and literally could not live without it!
- OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Penetrating Oil: $8.99 – I use this on the ends of my hair as they tend to be drier and more frizzy than the rest of my mane. It smells amazing and a little goes a long way!
- Josie Maran Argan Oil Cleanser: $32 – This does a great job of taking off my makeup while still keeping my skin hydrated.
- Clarisonic Mia 2: $169 – I have noticed such a huge difference in the radiance and clarity of my skin since incorporating this into my skincare regimen. I use the sensitive brush head and really feel like it gives me a deep clean without being too abrasive.
- Garnier Damage Eraser Split End Repair – Unfortunately this has been discontinued. :/
- Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish: $15 – This is a great body scrub and it smells absolutely divine!
- Simple Replenishing Moisturizer: $12.99 – This is great for anyone that has dry, sensitive skin. I typically use this every morning and night and have never had any issues with it breaking me out or causing any irritation.
- Josie Maran Argan Oil: $48 – I use this on my face before bed if I’m battling extreme dryness and oftentimes mix it in with my moisturizer to combat any dry patches I may be experiencing before going in with my primer and foundation!
- First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy AM Gel Cream: $36 – I have been using this for the past couple of months and have really been loving it. The gel creates a nice soothing sensation when you apply the product and it’s helped to reduce some of those pesky fine lines under my eyes!
- Jason’s Coconut Oil: $6.54 – I sometimes use this to take off my makeup but I also use this as a deep conditioning treatment for my hair.
- Bath & Body Works Cactus Blossom 3-Wick Candle: $24.50 – I am a sucker for a good candle…and this, is a good candle. It’s sweet but not too sweet. It’s very fragrant but not overpowering.
- Beach Hand Soap – I got this at Marshalls because I was running desperately low on soap in my bathroom. It’s a nice summery, beachy scent!
- Bath & Body Works Spring Leaves 3-Wick Candle: $24.50 – This candle definitely pulls more apple-y when it’s burning than I thought it would from just smelling it in the jar. I still enjoy the scent though; I keep it in my bathroom and I think it offers a nice fresh scent with a hint of fruity apple!
- Givenchy Dahlia Divin Le Nectar Perfume: $114 – This is definitely more of a winter scent as it’s heavier than what you would want to wear in the dog days of summer. With that being said, it lasts a long time (at least on my skin) and has a luxurious, but sensual aroma to it!
- Friday Night Lights – I am OBSESSED with this show. I’ve mentioned it on my blog before and I love it just as much now as I did when I mentioned it before. Riggins is a gem, Saracen is the sweetest, Tami T is the best and Coach T is a dream. I’m sure when I finish the series I’ll write a review…but until then, just know that I am obsessed and you should watch it if you haven’t already!
- New Girl – Swoon. I love this show so much. The season (and possibly series) finale just aired and it made me happier than a kid in a candy store…at least in some ways. If it was a season finale, I loved it. If it was a series finale, I feel a little cheated. Of course that was no fault of the writers and I guess if that’s the end of this delightfully, quirky show, I could live with it. It’s certainly better than the alternative…#amirite?
I went to Memphis to visit my cousin!!!!! It was a great trip and I can’t wait to go back. I wrote all about my experience in a previous post if you wanna know what all I did while I was there!
**So what things, shows, songs, etc. did you love in the month of March? I’d love to know!**