Hello everyone! I am really dragging on this Wednesday morning but I wanted to get something up for you guys anyway! I have received a number of requests to do a recovery update post and I will get to that, I promise. But for now, given the current state of my brain I thought I would do something a little lighter! Yesterday I was scrolling through published posts and came across a This or That Tag written by BeaFree and thought it looked fun…so let’s just jump right in! P.S. I might have added a few extra questions at the end to keep the fun going! 🙂
- Blush or Bronzer: Bronzer for sure! I’m terribly pale and need a little help!
- Lip Gloss or Lipstick: Lip Gloss, really more like lip balm! As much as I try to dive into lipsticks (liquid lips, mattes, satins, etc.), I just always end up feeling annoyed and wiping it off.
- Eyeliner or Mascara: Mascara, hands down. I only wear eyeliner on SPECIAL occasions, but mascara is an absolute MUST for me.
- Foundation or Concealer: Ooo, tough call. Probably concealer because I can get by with using it as a pseudo-foundation if I had too!
- Neutral Eyeshadow or Colorful Eyeshadow: Neutrals all the way. I’m not cool enough to pull off colorful shadows. Lol.
- Pressed Eyeshadow or Loose Eyeshadow: Pressed for sure. I’m such a klutz, I can’t even manage to handle a loose setting powder, I would destroy loose eyeshadows for sure.
- Brushes or Sponges: I mean, can I say both?! I use a blending sponge for foundation and concealer, but I use a brush for bronzer/blush/highlight…I can’t choose!
- Long or Short: Relatively speaking, I like them on the shorter side. I think long(ish) nails are pretty but I feel weird and have trouble doing everyday tasks when my nails are long. I mean come on…how do you button your pants and pick up change off of a table when your nails are long? If you have the answers, please teach me your ways.
- Acrylic or Natural: If it’s a special occasion I might spring for acrylics, but 99% of the time I just go natural. Acrylics are beautiful, but they absolutely wreck my nails and oftentimes I don’t think they’re worth the hassle.
- Bright Colors or Dark Colors: I like both, it just depends on my mood. In the fall and winter I typically stick to darker colors; but in the spring and summer I’m willing to play with some brighter shades!
- Flower or No Flower: Ummm, I don’t even really know what this means. I’m guessing it’s asking if I like a flower design on my nails…(correct me if I’m wrong)…so I would say NO flower!
- Perfume or Body Splash: I guess it depends on where I’m going and what I’m doing, but I typically prefer a perfume.
- Lotion or Body Butter: Body butter for sure. I think I’ve mentioned before how I have skin that resembles that of an alligator; I need all the help and hydration I can get. I find that a body butter does a better job of keeping my skin hydrated for a longer period of time than a traditional lotion does!
- Body Wash or Soap: Body wash. Am I the only person who feels like soap leaves their skin feeling tight and dry?!?!
- Lush or Another Company: Eh, I guess I use Bath & Body Works the most of any company; I don’t really use products from Lush, I’ve tried a couple of things and liked them fine, but it was never enough to keep me going back for more. To be honest, I have a really sensitive stomach and the smell of the Lush store actually makes me nauseated. It’s kind of like Yankee Candle, I think there’s just too much (scent wise) in one place! With that being said, I would like to try some of their fun bath bombs. 🙂
- Jeans or Sweats: Sweats…100% of the time.
- Long Sleeve or Short Sleeve: It really just depends on the circumstances (weather, event, etc.)!
- Long Dresses or Skirts: Neither…but if I HAD to choose, probably long dresses!
- Stripes or Plaid: I like both but I own more plaid!
- Flip Flops or Sandals: Sandals for sure!
- Scarves or Hats: I am the scarf queen!
- Studs or Dangly Earrings: I don’t really wear earrings because one of my holes closed up…but I would choose studs.
- Necklace or Bracelet: Bracelets!
- Heels or Flats: I like both, but for sheer comfort reasons, I’ll go with flats!
- Cowboy Boots or Riding Boots: I like both, but I wear riding boots far more often.
- Jackets or Hoodies: Hoodies! They’re just so cozy!
- Curly or Straight: Both, but I wear it straight more often.
- Bun or Ponytail: Bun. Ponytails frustrate me.
- Bobby Pins or Butterfly Clips: Definitely bobby pins!
- Hair Spray or Gel: Hair spray!
- Long or Short: Long!
- Light or Dark: Dark!
- Side Swept Bangs or Full Bangs: I’m not really a bang person, they don’t flatter my face at all; but if I had to have them, I’d go with side swept!
- Up or Down: Up, usually in a low side bun. As much as I like my hair down, I have too much hair to keep it that way for long.
- Rain or Shine: Shine…unless I really need a day to catch up on sleep, then I’ll welcome the rain!
- Summer or Winter: Summer…duh!
- Spring or Fall: Fall, it’s my favorite season!
- Chocolate or Vanilla: DEFINITELY chocolate!!
- Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC: BSB for LIFE!!
- Coca-Cola or Pepsi: Coca-Cola duh! FILA
- Cake or Pie: I like them both equally. I like my moms chocolate cake and I like a slice of pie every now and then, but I think I like cupcakes the most. They’re smaller and less of a commitment. Is that weird? Probably.
- Sephora or ULTA: Well, I love them both, obviously; but if I had to choose one, I’d go with ULTA.
- Being Hot or Cold: I HATE being cold, so I’d definitely say hot. I live in the south so hot weather and excessive humidity doesn’t bother me at all.
- Apple or Android: Apple! Not sure I could ever leave my iPhone/iPad behind.
- East Coast or West Coast: East Coast for sure.
- North or South: South…more specifically, the Southeast!
- Books or Magazines: Magazines!
- Hot Fudge or Caramel: Hot Fudge!
- Sunrise or Sunset: Sunset…swoon.
- Apples or Bananas: Bananas.
- Baseball or Basketball: Baseball (but I still love my Hawks)! Go Braves!
- Football or Hockey: Football! Go Falcons! WarDamn!
Thank you so much for reading and playing along, I know this was kind of long! What are some of your preferences, I’d love to know!