I can’t believe another month has come and gone…where is the time going? With July right around the corner, I figured it was time to share my monthly favorites with you guys! I have broken everything down into categories to make it a little less jumbled; and as always, I will link everything that I can below! Let’s jump in!
* 1. Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque ($47): I’ve talked about this mask multiple times on my blog…and guess what? I still love it. Despite my skin being relatively calm this month, I have still been using this 1-2 times a week to keep the blemishes at bay. This is definitely a holy grail skincare product for me and I would 100% recommend it to anyone!
* 2. Josie Maran Argan Oil ($48): I’ve been using this a lot over the past month. It works for a multitude of skin types and has a plethora of uses. Obviously you don’t have to pay $48 dollars for Argan Oil, they have plenty of brands that are MUCH more wallet friendly; but since I have it, I’ll continue to use it until I run out!
* 3. Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum ($20): This is another product that I have mentioned on my blog before! I like this because it doesn’t dry out my skin and I can wear it under my makeup! While I wouldn’t consider this a miracle worker, I do think it works well for people who have sensitive, irritated skin; and well, that’s enough for me!
* 4. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream ($30): This is a relatively new product within my skincare regimen; I received it at the beginning of June and have been using it ever since. It claims to reduce dark circles, depuff, and brighten the under eye area. While I have only been using it for a month (ish), I can say that it’s soothing on the skin and definitely brightens the area around my eyes. I don’t tend to struggle with puffiness so I can’t speak to how well it would help with that, but I think it’s worth a try if you’re in the market for a new eye cream!
MAKEUP / FRAGRANCE
* 1. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation – 06 Ivory ($28): I don’t wear makeup everyday, but every day that I have worn makeup, this has been on my face. I was hesitant about ordering online because I am terrible at color matching (am I the only one?!), but the shade Ivory has been more than PERFECT. Yaaassss! But seriously, as I’ve mentioned before, it’s definitely a thicker consistency than my other foundations, but it’s full coverage and has a beautiful finish on the skin. I typically apply it with a beauty blender to sheer out the coverage a tad, specifically in those areas where foundation tends to gather and look awful (sides of the nose, between the brows, smile lines, etc.,); when I do this, I get the most beautiful finish. It might not be everyone’s favorite, but I have certainly been loving it!
* 2. Tarte Contour/Highlight Palette ($30): With the warmer weather here to stay; bronzed, glowy skin is an absolute MUST! This Tarte palette delivers everything I need and more! The contour shade is perfect for fair to light skin tones and the highlighter is just beautiful! If you are a fair girl like me and are looking for a contour powder that’s cool-toned without making you look dead, this is it! And bonus: it smells like chocolate!
* 3. Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso ($7.49): You know I couldn’t talk about my June favorites without mentioning Milani’s Luminoso. This is the perfect blush for summer and is suitable for a variety of skin tones; it looks gorgeous on everyone and is definitely one of my holy grail makeup products!
* 4. CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Perfume ($100-$214): Guys, I can’t get enough of this scent. It. Is. Perfection. It’s heavy enough for the cooler months and it’s light enough for the warmer months; it’s simply the best! It’s a little sweet, a little sexy, a little fresh and every bit of amazing! If you’re in the market for a new perfume, go to your nearest Sephora/Nordstrom/Bloomies (basically anywhere) and smell this, you won’t regret it!
* 1. My Birthday!!! GUYS, I turned 30!!!!! I wrote a post earlier this month dedicated to this monumental occasion (you can read about it here)! My cousin came into town and we had the best time! I’m so happy to be a part of the 30 club, I have no doubt that this will be the best decade yet!
* 2. KL Polishes ($8.50/each): I absolutely love all of the polishes that Kathleen Lights has created. She releases 6 shades for each season’s collection. I currently have 2-3 colors from each collection and have been impressed with each of them! I love the brush (it’s thicker/wider) and the staying power; basically she knocked it out of the park with these!
* 3. Mahogany Driftwood 3-Wick Candle ($4.93): I’ve talked about how much I love this candle before; it’s a dupe for the Mahogany Teakwood Candle from Bath & Body Works and I’ve been burning it all month! It’s not QUITE as strong as the one from B&BW, but for a fraction of the cost, it’s totally worth it! It’s the definition of a man candle and I just can’t get enough!
* 4. Parenthood (the show): David and I are currently about halfway through season 5…and I love it! I’m glad we aborted the One Tree Hill mission and decided on this instead. It’s not quite as good as Gilmore Girls or Friday Night Lights (what is though?), but it’s still really solid! Crosby is my favorite and I absolutely love when the 4 siblings get together and do their thing! If you are looking for a TRUE dramedy, give this a shot!
* 1. Avocado Toast: Guys! I have been OBSESSED with avocado toast! I love adding scrambled eggs and salsa on top for a little extra kick! It’s super filling and I regret how long it took me to get on the avocado train. Fortunately I have seen the light and am now fully onboard! Oh! And I have really enjoyed mixing chili powder in with my avocado, it gives it a really nice taste!
* 2. Brookside Dark Chocolate, Acai & Blueberry ($9.59): THESE. ARE. THE. BEST!!! I’m typically not a fan of dark chocolate but this is the perfect combination of flavors! If you’re looking for a decadent treat, give these a try!
* 3. Arden’s Garden – Spinach Slam ($3.99): Anytime I need a reset, I turn to Arden’s Garden. One of my favorite drinks is their Spinach Slam; it’s packed with spinach, pineapple juice & mangos…how can you go wrong?! I love having one of these in the morning, or if I eat too much of a good thing (mac & cheese, rolls, pizza, etc.,) I will have one of these and it makes me feel so much better!
So that it’s for my June favorites! What things have you guys been loving this month? Any beauty/lifestyle/food products I just HAVE to try? Let me know!