Happy Wednesday guys and gals, we are halfway to the weekend! So as most of you know, I recently had a birthday; because of this I may have placed a small order on Sephora.com…after all, I needed to get my free birthday gift from them anyway! A good friend of mine gifted me a Sephora gift card and I thought this would be the perfect time to pick up a couple of things I had been itching to try! While I don’t have a full review of all of the products, I thought I would pop on here and give you guys my initial thoughts and first impressions! Along with showing you the items that I purchased, I will show you all 3 Sephora birthday gift options and link everything below!
SEPHORA BIRTHDAY GIFT OPTIONS
* Caudalie Moisturizer & Serum Set – This is the gift that I chose and the set includes the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum ($79) & the Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet ($39). I have only used these products once but I loved the way they felt on my skin. They are soothing and left my skin feeling moisturized without being greasy! So far so good!
* Jack Black Moisturizer & Cleaner Set – This set includes the Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser ($20) & the Clean Break Oil-Free Moisturizer ($30). Both products have great reviews on the Sephora website and the cleanser can also be used a mask to help with the appearance of pores & uneven texture. It is said to help control excess oil without over drying the skin!
* Tarte Lip & Cheek Set – This set includes the Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in Paaaarty ($29) & the Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Birthday Suit ($20). I absolutely love Tarte blushes, they are highly pigmented and last for hours (hence the whole 12-hour wear thing). I will be honest, I haven’t tried the creamy matte lip paints but I have heard good things about them! Have you guys tried any of Tarte’s lip products? If so, let me know how you like them below!
Along with picking up my birthday gift from Sephora, I decided to snag a couple of items that have been on my beauty wishlist for quite some time: the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder! I have heard so much about these two products that I just couldn’t wait any longer, I added them to my cart and rest is history! Oh!, and I cashed in a couple of my 100 point perks too!!
* The Caudalie Moisturizing Sorbet ($39) and the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum ($79) are great! As mentioned above, I’ve only used them once but I love the way they made my skin feel. You guys know that I’m a dry, sensitive girl and need all the help I can get! If these continue to perform the way they did when I first applied them, I will definitely purchase the full size in both!
* Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer ($28): I have seen this foundation all over the place; YouTube, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram…you name it, I’ve seen it! I always thought it looked really nice on other people so I decided to try it out for myself! I purchased shade 6 (Ivory) and I think it’s a pretty good match! It definitely works for the hot & humid summer months here in Atlanta, but come winter time I may need to go down a shade…or two! I used this foundation for the first time this morning and I must say, I absolutely LOVE it! It has a thicker consistency than most of my foundations but provides full coverage (IMO) without looking cakey. I will say, it dries down pretty quickly (at least on my skin) so you may want to think about working in sections (that’s what I did) to help it blend out a little bit easier. In a couple of weeks I will come back and do a full review on this foundation, but for now, so far so good!
* Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($26): This is another cult favorite in the beauty community that I just had to try for myself. It’s a very finely milled powder that feels like silk when it goes on your skin! It did a good job of brightening up my under eye area and so far I see why people love it! Much like the Clinique foundation mentioned above, I will come back in a few weeks and tell you all my final thoughts on this crazy hyped beauty product!
* Smashbox Photo Finish Primer ($16 – 36): Believe it or not, I have never owned any Smashbox products (except a couple of lippies), but I am very familiar with the brand. When my best friend got married my face was beat with a plethora of Smashbox goodies and while I thought it looked flawless, I did have a reaction to one or more of the products that were used. Of course since my whole face was covered in Smashbox, I didn’t really know what caused the breakout and just decided to swear off the whole brand for years (Hi, my name is Brittney and I am irrational). Fast forward 4 years and I decided it was time to give the primer another go; after all, maybe it wasn’t the primers fault that I broke out all those years ago! I decided to use some of my points so that I could get a little baby size of their Iconic primer and give it a go! I have used the Benefit Porefessional, Dr. Brandt Pores No More, & the Too Faced Primed & Poreless (to name a few) but wanted to try something different. I have only used it once so I don’t really have much of an opinion on it just yet; however check back in a couple of weeks and I’ll let you know if it’s something that I will be keeping in my routine!
* Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate ($39): I have been eyeing this bad boy for months (along with their eye cream) and decided instead of committing to the full size, I would just redeem some of my points and get a mini size to try. I haven’t used this yet but will keep you posted over the next few weeks and let you know if I think it’s worth the almost $40 dollar price tag!
Have you guys tried any of these products? Did they work for you? Do you have any holy grail items that you think I HAVE to try? Let me know down below!