Happy Monday friends, welcome back to Southern Lights, Atlanta Nights! As promised I will be sharing my beach/pool day essentials with you all! I had hoped to include summer fashion items in this post but it would have made it WAAAYYY too long (shocker)…so I have decided to do a summer lookbook later this week. I know, I know, I JUST did a pre-fall lookbook, clearly I’m working backwards here! Either way I hope you enjoy this post and agree to come back to see all of my fashion favorites for summer! I have a good bit to share with you all so let’s just jump right in!
* 1. Bath & Body Works Cabana Breeze Diamond Shimmer Mist – $14.50: I believe I have mentioned this body spray before…but you guys, it’s amazing! I love having a nice, simple spray in my bag for when I get out of the pool; sometimes a girl doesn’t have time to take a shower but doesn’t want to smell like chlorine all day…amirite?! If you like the smell of summer, pick this up, you won’t regret it!
* 2. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer – $19.99: Even if I’m just lounging by the pool, I have to throw a moisturizer on before I go in with my sunscreen. I love the Neutrogena water gel moisturizer because it’s lightweight, gentle on the skin and provides enough hydration without being greasy!
* 3. Sun Bum Lip Balm SPF 30 – $3.99: I’ll spare you the long, drawn out explanation since I’ve talked about this product hundreds of times before. Just know that it’s amazing and you should pick it up!
* 4. Sun Bum Sea Spray – $14.99: I know I’ve mentioned this before but a sea salt spray is a must for my pool bag. I have incredibly thick hair that tends to look like a rats nest after getting out of the pool if I’m not careful! I will typically towel dry my hair, run a curl butter (here) through my strands and finish it off with this sea salt spray! This combo definitely helps me and my mane look more presentable after a chlorine filled day!
* 5. Sun Bum Clear Zinc Oxide SPF 50 – $9.99: Yep, I’ve talked about this product before too! But since this is a pool day essentials post, SPF is a MUST-LIST item! As you know (or maybe not) I am allergic to a variety of sunscreens that are currently on the market so I tend to stick with straight zinc oxide as it does the job while not breaking me out! It’s certainly not as convenient as a spray bottle, but I really love the Sun Bum line so I overlook that small detail!
* 6. Up & Up Aloe Vera Gel – $4.99: I keep aloe vera gel in my house year round. It works wonders for soothing irritated skin and is a life saver on the off chance that I get burnt while laying out or playing in the pool! It’s worth every bit of $4.99 and is a product that you will never catch me without!
* 1. Victoria’s Secret Lace Up One-Piece Swimsuit – $49.95: You can never go wrong with a basic, black one-piece swimsuit. It’s cute, functional and flattering on a variety of body types!
* 2. Adidas ‘Adilette’ Slide – $44.95: A simple slide is the perfect piece footwear for a pool day. They are comfortable, easy to clean and water resistant! NOTE: These tend to run pretty large so I would suggest ordering a full size down.
* 3. Leith Racerback Cover-Up Tank Dress – $39: This tank-top dress from Leith is the perfect swimsuit cover-up! It’s flowy, basic and comfortable. It comes in 3 colors (black, grey, & teal) and I don’t think you could wrong with any of them!
* 4. Kortni Jeane V-Neck Top – $70: Yikes! I know $70 dollars is A LOT to pay for ONE swimsuit top, but for me it’s totally worth it. 90% of my pool time is spent with parents and smaller children and I just prefer a little more converge than what the average bikini gives. I love Kortni Jeane swimwear because they create trendy pieces that make you feel confident, comfortable & that work for every body type!
* 5. Victoria’s Secret High Waist Strappy Bikini Bottom – $34.95: I have these bottoms in a variety of colors and I really like them. I know the strappy detail on the side isn’t for everyone, but I enjoy the look it gives. Despite the crazy tan lines, they are flattering and comfortable. For those of you who prefer a more traditional high-waisted bottom, this one from Kortni Jeane swimwear is really nice as well!
* 6. RDB This I know Rose Gold Sandals – $16: These are from the infamous Red Dress Boutique and are only SIXTEEN dollars! The rose gold shade is perfect for summer and I think they add a slightly more pulled together look than your traditional slide or flip flop!
* 1. Bed, Bath & Beyond Cool Palm Beach Towel – $14.99: A pool day essentials post is not complete without a beach towel. I tend to gravitate towards lighter colored towels and absolutely love the palm print on the one featured above!
* The Magnolia Story – $16.78: I’m not what you would call an avid reader…in fact, I’m not sure you would call me a reader at all; however I know that many people like to lay by the pool with a good book so I thought I would throw one in for good measure! To be fair, this is definitely a book that is on my must-read list (and yes that list only has 2 books on it but that’s NOT the point); I adore their show and think their book would be just as good. Simply put, Chip & Joanna are the best!
* 3. Target Round Brown Sunglasses – $16.99: Fun fact: I adore anything that resembles tortoise shell. On the Target website these are marketed as plain ol’ brown sunnies, but to me they have some tortoise shell qualities peeking through! For a budget friendly option, you can’t go wrong with these bad boys!
* 4. Auburn Tigers Orange Collapsible Koozie – $4.99: I don’t know about you guys but my collection of koozies is bordering on absurd. Of course that doesn’t stop me from wanting more; I need one for every sports team I rep, one with cats, one for Christmas, one with an alpaca…the list goes on and on. While I love using koozies all year round, they are especially necessary in these wretched summer temperatures!
* 5. Quay Australia ‘My Girl’ 50mm Cat Eye Sunglasses – $55: I’m sure you have seen these sunnies all over Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.,! They are cute, trendy and relatively affordable! They have a variety of styles to choose from and I think everyone could find something they like!
* 6. Merona Nylon Beach Tote – $19.99: If you’re heading to the pool this summer you are definitely going to need a bag to keep all of your essentials in! I personally love carrying a nylon bag; they are classic, durable and easy to clean…basically they are everything a beach bag should be! NOTE: Take 20% off with the code: HANDBAGS20
* 1. Big Mouth Donut Float – $19.99: I don’t know about you but a donut float is RIGHT up my alley! Trendy floats are all the rage right now and this strawberry iced donut is no exception! They come in a variety of colors and are too fun to pass up!
* 2. Igloo Profile Roller: 30 QT – $27.99: If you’re going to be spending a substantial amount of time outdoors, then a cooler is a must! I love the grey and seafoam color combination and appreciate that this has wheels. Have you ever tried lugging a beach bag, chairs, towels, toys and a cooler to the beach…it’s a nightmare! I would definitely suggest one of these rolling coolers, they are sturdy and beyond convenient!
* 3. Coop Hydro Football – $12.99: I can’t go to the pool or beach without a football…to be honest, I can’t go anywhere without a football. It’s pool friendly and perfect to have on hand.
* 4. JBL Flip 4 Waterproof Portable Speaker – $99.99: I absolutely love my JBL portable speaker. It’s loud, durable and waterproof; everything you need for a day by the pool!
* 5. Big Mouth Giant Pink Flamingo Pool Float – $19.99: Remember when I said trendy floats are a must-have for summer?! I mean come on, how can you resist this?! BONUS: They have a flamingo floating cooler too!
So that’s it for this beach/pool day essentials post! Obviously you don’t HAVE to have all (or any) of these things to have a good time at the pool. Throw on a swimsuit, grab a towel and soak up all the vitamin D you can get; floats or no floats, you will have a GREAT time! What are some of your pool/beach essentials? Let me know in the comments below! And remember, I will be back later this week with my summer lookbook! See you guys tomorrow for my July Favorites!