Happy Friday friends, we made it!!!!! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m SOOOO ready for the weekend. Today’s post is another edition of Friday Favorites. I know I do a lot of Favorites posts (be it Friday or monthly), but I tried to include some different things this time around! I hope you like it, and as always, I will link everything that I can below!
* 1. Tarte Maracuja Oil – $16 – $48: You guys know that I LOVE my Josie Maran Argan Oil (holy grail alert) but over the last couple of weeks I have been reaching for the Tarte Maracuja Oil. It’s gentle on the skin, hasn’t broken me out and is perfect for those times when I need a little extra hydration after going in with some of my Anti-Acne products! I picked this up in the travel size and I’m so glad that I did!
* 2. Origins GinZing Eye Cream – $31: I know, I know…this is a repeat product but I can’t help it. It’s the only eye cream I have been reaching for and I just love it. I mentioned before that I don’t deal with a ton of puffiness, but the other day I had a crazy reaction to something that caused my eyes to swell and this did a GREAT job of helping calm the puffiness down so that I could walk into work looking semi-normal!
* 3. Neutrogena Makeup Cleansing Towelettes (Night Calming) – $5.99: An oldie but a goodie! For a while I had stopped buying makeup remover wipes because I was using (and loving) the Josie Maran Cleansing Oil. Unfortunately after a few weeks it started to break me out (nooooooo). Since I’m not a huge fan of removing my makeup with coconut oil, I decided to pick these bad boys up and I’m happy to report that I still love them!
* Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Toner – $6.99: I will be honest, I’m not a HUGE fan of toners. Many of the ones I’ve tried are way too harsh for my skin and end up doing more harm than good. However I picked this up on a whim last year when my skin was going nuts and I really liked it. I use the tiniest amount and ALWAYS go in with my skincare a few minutes after which really helps to combat any irritation or drying that this product could cause! I will say the scent is strong; I don’t mind it, but if you are sensitive to smells you may not like this at all.
* 5. Vichy Laboratories Aqualia Thermal Anit-Fatigue Sleeping Mask – $28: GUYS! This stuff is amazing! I had never tried a “sleeping mask” before, but I love it. You guys know I struggle with drier skin and sometimes at night it can feel really tight and uncomfortable, especially if I’ve been using certain products on my blemishes. I had been looking for something to combat those issues and saw a difference almost immediately after using this product. This mask leaves my skin soothed, soft and supple and well…I can’t argue with those results!
* 6. Ulta After Sun Aloe Gel – $6.99: WHOA. So I may or may not have gotten burnt on my shoulders and back two weekends in a row…Oops! I put on sunscreen but clearly I didn’t reapply as often as I should have. Of course that made for a really uncomfortable sunburn and the need for some Aloe Vera gel. I have used a variety of brands and like them all. If you get burnt, run and get some Aloe STAT. This has definitely saved me from being a peely, gross mess.
* 7. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 – $7.80: While my shoulders and back may have gotten burnt, my lips were safe and sound thanks to this product. I’m a firm believer in lip balms that contain SPF, especially in this wretched Georgia heat. If you’ve ever had sunburned lips you know how awful they can be. I would highly recommend this product (or anything with an SPF) if you are going to be out and about!
* 1. ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter in Flexitarian – $8: This highlighter is for real. The first time I swatched this I thought there was no way I could get away with wearing this thing in the real world…it was intense, y’all. But once I learned how to apply it, I fell in love. I typically apply this (with a LIGHT hand) using a flat synthetic brush (Morphe E61). The synthetic brush will give you more color payoff, while a duo fiber brush will give you a more sheer/natural look. After applying any of my highlights, regardless of the brand, I typically go over it with a damp beauty sponge to make it look a LITTLE more natural! And bonus: this makes a BEAUTIFUL inner corner highlight!
* 2. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – $26: Okay, so I’m a little bit on the fence with this product but decided to include it because it’s all I’ve been using to set my under eye concealer. On one hand, I think the powder feels really nice on the skin and it sets my concealer down nicely; my under eyes never get dry and I never notice any creasing…so that’s nice. However, I’m not sure I’m seeing the “brightening” effect. Like am I missing something? Am I applying it wrong? How bright is it supposed to be? I think it’s a nice powder, but I feel like my RCMA No Color Powder looks very similar. Have you guys tried this? What are your thoughts?!
* 3. NYX Ombre Blush in Mauve Me (pictured) & Soft Flush – $9.99: Now that we are officially in dead of summer, I have been experimenting with more blushes…and I love them! If I’m not reaching for Luminoso, I am reaching for the NYX Ombre Blushes. If you haven’t tried them, I would definitely recommend checking them out! Do you have a favorite blush? I’d love to know!
* 4. Physicians Formula Bronze Booster in Medium to Dark – $14.99: No surprise here. I, like the rest of the world love the PF Bronze Booster. It’s the perfect shade; not too warm and not too cool. It does a great job of warming up my face and looks beautiful on the skin!
* 5. Tarte Tartelette Tease Eyeshadow Palette – $23: This is the second eyeshadow palette I have purchased from Tarte and I absolutely love it. It’s pigmented, travel friendly and the perfect palette for a neutral girl like me!
* 6. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder – $30: I still love my RCMA No Color Powder, but lately I have been reaching for my Primed & Poreless pressed powder to set my foundation. It silky texture feels great on the skin and it does a good job of blurring the look of fine lines and pores. It’s definitely a winner in my book.
* 7. NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake – $4.99: I have really been enjoying the NYX Butter Glosses lately! They are comfortable on the lips, their color selection is unreal and I absolutely love their creamy finish. Angel Food Cake and Praline are a couple of my favorites! <3
* 8. L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara – $9.99: I don’t know how or when I first heard about this mascara but I love it. I usually only use it for my bottom lashes but it does a fine job on the top as well! I love the skinny, no-clump wand and I love how black it looks on my lashes! If you’re looking for a bottom lash mascara, check this one out!
* 1. 90 Degree by Reflex 22″ Yoga Capris – $19.99: I have talked about these leggings before, but I just had to mention them one more time. I have them in a variety of styles and love them all. They are comfortable, thick (but not too thick), breathable, and just down right comfy! I plan on wearing a new pair to the Braves game tonight. 🙂
* 2. Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers – ~5 (ish): I have been eating these like crazy over the last couple of weeks. I’m trying to eat less meat throughout the week and these have been a good alternative when I’m craving a burger or something a little more filling. I typically make them on the grill or in the oven and then top them off with a slice of Swiss cheese…yummy!!
* Pop Chips Potato Crazy Hot – ~3(ish): I. Am. Obsessed. These chips are so great! I was looking for something a little healthier than your traditional potato chip and came across these. They have them in a variety of flavors, but since I’m a sucker for anything hot, I went with these! If you look hot chips, you NEED try these out!
* 4. Bath & Body Works Mahogany Coconut Candle – $12.50 – $24.50: You guys know I have a serious love affair with Bath & Body Works candles and this bad boy is no exception. It is the perfect summer scent. It smells sweet, but not too sweet, and makes me think of the beach! If you’re looking for a coconut-y scented candle, check this one out! Bonus: It’s currently on sale for $12.50!!
So that’s it for this edition of Friday Favorites! What have you been loving this week/month? Have you tried any of the products listed above? Leave me a comment below and let me know!