Happy Wednesday y’all! I had planned on doing my Wednesday Spotlight on ‘To The Bone’, the original Netflix film that follows a young woman (Lily Collins) battling anorexia…but If I’m being honest, I just needed something a little lighter in the realm of television last night so I decided to watch The Holiday instead; I mean come on, who can say NO to Jude Law? With that being said, I still wanted to put something up for you guys so I decided to do a Beauty Q&A! I hope you enjoy it and let’s just jump right in!
* 1. Do you remember your first makeup item? Hmmm not really. I mean I was a competitive dancer so I had ALL the makeup in all the land. But if we are talking about the first item I purchased myself, it was probably a lip gloss or a mascara.
* 2. Describe your perfect mascara, and have you found it? My perfect mascara formula would be something that adds length and volume without being overly wet. I can’t stand wet mascara formulas, mostly because I’m a disaster and end up getting it all over my face. My favorite mascara is Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte!
* 3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation? I mean I guess it depends on what look I’m going for. I typically wear light to medium coverage foundations but like to have a nice full-coverage option in case I’m attending a wedding or a special event!
* 4. Favorite high-end makeup brand? Definitely Tarte! <3 <3
* 5. What brands have you always wanted to try but haven’t? MAC, NARS & Kat Von D.
* 6. Favorite drugstore brand? Maybelline & NYX!
* 7. Do you wear falsies? Girl no. I’m a mess when it comes the falsie game. Thankfully when I wore them for my best friends wedding I had someone else put them on…because if it was left up to me, that lash band would have been in my crease. lol.
* 8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without? No. Unless I’m going to work (or an event) I don’t usually wear anything on my face. If I feel like I NEED a little something, I opt for mascara!
* 9. What is my most cherished beauty product? I guess my Kathleen Lights x Morphe palette or my Tarte Double Duty Beauty Highlight and Contour palette because I use it ALL THE TIME.
* 10. How often do you shop for makeup? Too often.
* 11. Do you have a beauty budget? No, but I try not to go TOO far.
* 12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards/points, & sales when you buy makeup? Absolutely. If there is a sale, I am more inclined to do a little extra shopping.
* 13. What product do you buy the most of? Concealer for sure. Mascara & foundation aren’t too far behind! But I always need a couple of Maybelline Fit Me concealers in my drawer!
* 14. Is there a brand you can’t stand? There aren’t any that I can’t stand, but I don’t really use Almay.
* 15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics? I don’t, I probably should though.
* 16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup/skincare? ULTA for sure…I’m sure you’re not surprised!
* 17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine? I’m a skincare junkie. I like trying new things but I’m not opposed to sticking with certain products if I know they are helping!
* 18. Favorite bath & body brand? Soap & Glory, Bath and Body Works and The Body Shop! I still have yet to try anything from LUSH but it’s definitely on my list!
* 19. If you could only buy from one brand, which would you choose? High-end: Tarte. Drugstore: Maybelline!
* 20. Brand that has the best packaging? Honestly, I love Tarte’s packaging; it’s bright, fun and festive! If we are talking about classic, chic packaging; I would go with NARS.
* 21. The celebrity with the best makeup? Honestly, Adele. Her winged eyeliner is always on point and she always looks amazing without being too much!
* 22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities? I don’t but I feel like I should.
* 23. Name 5 of your favorite beauty gurus? Casey Holmes, Leigh Ann Says, Kathleen Lights, Nicole Guerriero, Ameera Mahdi. I love all of these ladies for different reasons. Casey is Georgia girl who loves Auburn (yaassssss)! Leigh Ann is my spirit animal and always makes me smile! Kathleen Lights is…well, she’s just amazing; her tutorials are easy to follow and her personality is top notch! Nicole Guerriero’s vlogs give me life and her hauls are a thing of beauty! Ameera is one of my best friends and talks all things beauty, hair, life and everything in between. She’s has a sweet spirit and holds it down for the women of color!
* 24. Do you like multifunctioning products like cheek and lip stain? I can’t say that I don’t like them because I have never tried them, but I will say that they don’t intrigue me enough to actually purchase them. Have you used products like this? What do you think about them? Are there any I should try?
* 25. Are you clumsy when putting on your makeup? I would like to think that I’m not…but I dropped my eye cream the other day and ALWAYS get loose powder on the floor, so I’m assuming that would mean I’m relatively clumsy.
* 26. Do you use a primer before going in with your eyeshadow? I usually just use my concealer. My eyelids aren’t THAT oily so I don’t have too much trouble with creasing. However I would like to try the Too Faced Shadow Insurance as I’ve heard great things about that product.
* 27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day? 2. Dry shampoo (surprise, surprise) and hair spray!
* 28. What do you apply first; concealer or foundation? Foundation, and I never bring it up under my eyes because I don’t like that area to feel too heavy and caked up.
* 29. Would you consider taking makeup classes? Probably not. I just do it for fun! I like to play around and create fun looks that I wouldn’t typically wear. If I’m ever trying to do a specific look for an event and need guidance, I just head straight over to YouTube and watch a tutorial!
* 30. What do you love about makeup? I just love how fun and self-expressive it is!
So that’s it for this Beauty Q & A! Feel free to answer some of these questions in the comments below, I would love to see everyone’s answers! xoxo