Happy Monday friends, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! With summer vacations coming to a close and school lurking around the corner for many of you, I thought now would be a good time to share a last minute “Summer Essentials” post with you guys! I had hoped to include both beauty and fashion in this post but let’s be honest, I have too much stuff to cover! So instead I will be sharing my Summer Beauty Essentials today and then a “Pool/Beach Day Essentials” post later this week that will highlight some of my favorite summer fashion and lifestyle pieces! I have a lot of beauty essentials to cover so let’s jump right in!
* 1. NYX BB Cream – $9.79: Sometimes the wretched summer heat doesn’t lend itself to a full coverage foundation; oftentimes (at least to me me) it feels overly heavy and cakey on the skin and who wants that? The NYX BB Cream is one of my favorites on the market. It feels natural on the skin and does a good job of covering imperfections while evening out my skin tone. Throw a little bronzer on top and you’re good to go!
* 2. NYX Butter Gloss – $4.99: I’ve talked about these glosses before so it’s no surprise that they’ve made my summer essentials list. They are perfect for on the go and they add just the right amount of color to complete any look. They are comfortable on the lips, pigmented and fade nicely throughout the day! For the price, you can’t beat em’!
* 3. OFRA Rodeo Drive Highlighter – $29: This highlighter is absolutely STUNNING! I don’t know about you guys, but in the summertime I want my face to glow, and let me tell you, this will give you all the glow you need! I will admit, it does have some fallout, but its beauty makes that a non-factor…at least to me. I think this would be flattering on a variety of skin tones and I would highly recommend you picking one of these up!
* 4. Sun Bum Lip Balm SPF 30 – $3.99: No surprise here! I have been harping on SPF lip balms all summer long so I just had to include it. They come in a variety of flavors (I have coconut) and they are the perfect addition to your everyday skincare/makeup routine!
* 6. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – $14.99: This smells exactly like a summer dream. You guys know I love the Physicians Formula Bronze Booster but sometimes when I’m feeling a little more festive, I like to reach for their butter bronzer. The consistency is perfect (buttery and smooth) and the scent is divine. It comes in 2 shades (I wish there were more), I use the darker of the two and the color is warm without being orange! If you’re in the market for an all-over bronzer, give this a try!
* 6. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray – $32: This is a no brainer. When the temperature is consistently in the 90s with the humidity sitting at 75+ percent, you need something to make sure you’re makeup is going to last ALL. DAY. LONG. This is my favorite setting spray on the market but any one will do! Just pick one that you like and liberally apply! Quick tip: I like to keep a travel size in my purse for touch-ups throughout the day!
* 7. Essence Pure Nude Highlighter – $4.49: I mentioned the OFRA highlighter in Rodeo Drive above, but for those of you who are looking for something a little more natural, this highlighter from Essence is for you! I typically use this when I’m going for a no-makeup makeup look and I think it gives the perfect amount of glow! For under 5 dollars, I don’t think you can go wrong.
* 8. It Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Ombre Blush – $24: I love everything that I have ever tried from IT Cosmetics and this blush is no exception. There are 3 shades to choose from (Je Ne Sais Quoi, Coral Flush, & Sugar Plum) and I don’t think you could wrong with any of them. The coral shade gives a nice, natural flush to the cheeks and is perfect for the warm summer months!
* 9. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso – $7.49: I’m sure you all are shocked that Milani’s Luminoso has made my summer essentials list…NOT!! This is a cult favorite for a reason; it works for a variety of skin tones and adds the perfect amount of sheen to the skin! If you haven’t tried it, I would 150% recommend you doing so!
* 10. Smith’s Rosebud Salve – $6: I’ve talked about this before and I’ll talk about it again! It works for lips, elbows, razor and curling iron burns…this really is a multi-functioning product and I think everyone should try it out!
* 11. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder – $30: If I know I’m going to be out and about in the blazing summer heat, a good setting powder is a must. The Too Faced Primed & Poreless does a good job of blurring my pores and keeping my makeup in tact; couple that with my All-Nighter Setting Spray and things aren’t going anywhere!
* 1. Sun Bum Surf & Sea Spray – $7.50 – $14.99: I am a huge fan of sea-salt sprays in the summer time as it makes doing my hair so much easier. The Sun Bum spray is perfect for helping me achieve that tousled, beachy look with minimal effort…and I am ALL about minimal effort. It adds volume, cuts down on frizz and lasts all day in my hair. It is the perfect addition to any beach bag and I would 100% recommend giving it a try! And bonus: It’s 50% off at ULTA right now!
* 2. Scunci No Damage Thick Hair Elastics – $3.49: If you have long hair then you totally understand this one! I always try and keep a couple of these in my car, around my wrists, and in my purse. There’s nothing worse than 90 degree heat and long hair hanging on your neck…at least to me. So in my eyes, these are a MUST-HAVE.
* 3. OGX Coconut Curl Hair Butter – $7.99: Along with sea-salt sprays, I love this curl butter for summer! It smells amazing and is incredibly easy to work with. I love using this after I get out of the shower and letting it work its magic overnight! It works well on its own but is also great when coupled with the Sun Bum Spray! Bonus: OGX is currently BOGO 40% off at Ulta!
* 4. Cabana Breeze Diamond Shimmer Mist – $5.00: This. Stuff. Smells. Amazing! If you like the smell of suntan lotion and the beach, then this is the body spray for you! If you think you’d like the scent but aren’t a fan of a shimmer spray, they do have this in a classic body mist! And guys…most of the collection (lotions, shower gels, body sprays, etc.,) is on sale for FIVE DOLLARS at Bath & Body Works right now! FIVE DOLLARS…you just can’t beat that.
* 5. Gillette Fusion ProGlide – $12.99: With the warm summer weather, comes the cute cut-off shorts. A good razor is a must and I have been using the Men’s Gillette Fusion ProGlide for years. It gives me a nice, smooth shave and doesn’t cause any irritation…that’s a win-win for me!
* 6. Cremo Original Shave Cream – $7.99: This is hands down the best shave cream I have ever used! It helps cut down on irritation and razor burn and feels extremely luxurious on the skin! If you have been looking for a new shave cream, check this one out, you won’t be sorry!
* 7. Dove Dry Spray Deodorant – $5.49: This product speaks for itself. It’s hot and deodorant is an absolute must. They have a variety of scents but I typically stick with Beauty Finish. It’s fresh without smelling like baby powder and it keeps me dry in this crazy Georgia heat!
* 8. Wet Ones Sensitive Skin Hand Wipes – $1.99: I always, always, always have wet wipes on hand. I keep them in my purse, at the office and in my car. You never know when you’re going to need to wipe something down and I just think they are always good to have close by!
* 9. Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish – $11.19: Smooth skin and short shorts go hand in hand and that is exactly why this is my go to body polish! The scent is lovely (sweet and peachy) and it does a great job of exfoliating my skin while I’m in the shower! If you are in the market for a new body polish, give it a try and let me know what you think!
* 10. KL Polish Summer Collection – $45 / 8.50 each: Beauty influencer, Kathleen Lights created a nail polish line and I just can’t get enough. The formula is great and the brush size is PERFECT (at least for me). All of her polishes are 5 free and their lasting power is pretty amazing! Her colors are so fun and I’ve never come across any that have left me disappointed. If you’re a manicure at home kind of girl, give these a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed!
Phew, I know we just covered a lot of products but I wanted to make sure I didn’t leave anything out! As promised I will be doing a “pool/beach day essentials” post later this week so stay tuned for that and get ready to discuss all of my summer fashion and lifestyle favorites! What are some of your summer must-haves? It can be anything; beauty, lifestyle, fashion, etc.! Let me know below!