Holy moly, I can’t believe it’s already August 1st, where does the time go?! As promised I’m back with another monthly favorites post for you guys! While I have been loving many of the same products for the past few months, I do have some new items to share with you guys! I have beauty, hair care, music and a magical moment (yes, I stole that from Leigh Ann Says on YouTube)! You know the drill, I will link everything down below so let’s jump right in!
* 1. Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation – $11.99: In addition to my Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation I have gone back to an oldie but a goodie! I absolutely love this foundation; it’s a solid medium coverage and works well for a variety of skin types. It never looks cakey and it lasts for such a long time on my skin! There are 11 shades in the range (not amazing but not terrible) and I am in the shade Classic Ivory (for reference)!
* 2. ABH Modern Renaissance Palette – $42: There are 3 palettes that I have been using non-stop this month, and this is one of them (Morphe X Kathleen Lights and Tartelette Tease are the other 2). I’m sure you guys have seen hundreds of people talk about and review this product so I will save you the long, drawn out description; just know it’s as good as everyone says it is. What’s going on with the ABH Subculture Palette though?!?!
* 3. L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow – $6.99: This is the most beautiful shimmer shade I have ever found from the drugstore; in fact, all of the 24HR Infallible eyeshadows are stunning. They feel extremely luxurious and last all day long on my eyes! If you like shimmery shadows these are definitely worth a look!
* 4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12HR Blush – $29: This was a gift from my bestie, Ameera and it is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. It is in the shade Paaarty and is a nice nude color that would work well with a number of looks: cool, warm, natural, etc.! It’s subtle while still being pigmented and the 12HR claim is no joke! If you are looking for a long-wearing blush, look no further!
* 5. Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Lip Color – $9.49: Guys I’m kind of cheating with this one. I’ve only had this lipstick for a few days but I really do love it! As you all know, I don’t wear a ton of lipstick; I’m always trying to find a pinky-nude shade that doesn’t pull brown on my lips and that is comfortable enough to actually wear for more than 15 minutes…and guys…I think I found it. It dries down much more matte than the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Colors that came out a while ago but it’s not overly drying in any way (at least not on me)! I will say, I tend to prefer a cream finish so I have been pairing this with the NYX butter gloss in Angel Food Cake and have been loving the two together! There are 10 shades in the line and I have mine in “Lover.”
* 6. Ulta Sponge Duo Kit – $10: I have been trying these Ulta sponges out for a couple of weeks now and I can safely say that they are my new favorites! If you’re in the market for a new beauty sponge, check them out! At 5 bucks a piece you can’t really beat the price!
* 8. BareMinerals Broad Spectrum Concealer – $20: I have mentioned this product before but thought it was worth mentioning again. I use this to spot conceal any blemishes or redness that I have on my face and it works wonders! I prefer doing this instead of piling on liquid concealer as I find that it tends to look a bit cakey on my skin! There are 5 shades and I’m in the lightest shade, bisque.
* 1. KL Polish: Zoey – $8.50: I know I keep raving about these but I can’t help it, they are hands down my favorite polishes. I have been wearing Hug & Roll, Zoey & Das Esspensive (limited edition) for the better part of July and just can’t get enough! The formula is amazing and the wider brush works wonders for me. If you live in the U.S. (or Canada) and are a nail polish junkie, you should definitely check these out!
* 2. It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream – $48: Confession: I stole this from my mom! My skin has been on the struggle bus lately and I have been looking for something to help with my dryness…good news: I think I found it! It’s thick without being too thick (at least for me) and doesn’t leave me feeling the least bit greasy. If you have normal to dry skin I think you might really like this; if you are an oily girl, this may not be the best cream for you. With that being said, I tend to use this as a night cream and have really been loving the results!
* 3. AG Hair Tousled Texture – $24: Yikes! I don’t know about you, but $24 dollars seems a little steep for a hair product. I’m not someone who has ever spent a ton of money on hair care as I hate washing my hair & tend to do very little with it. However I have been on the hunt for a good texturizing spray for a while now and I think I’ve finally found it. On the rare occasion that I curl my hair, I need something that will add a little grit so that the curl will hold and this does just that! It’s not heavy, it’s not sticky in any way and it does a good job of creating piecey waves without making it a tangled mess! So far I’m loving it!
* 4. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat – $9.95: This is the only top coat I use when I give myself a mani/pedi and I love it! It dries super fast and helps my polish last much longer than it would on its own. I 100% recommend this!
* 5. Sephora Collection Face Mask: Pearl – $6: This is another gem I received from Cassi! I heard great things about the Sephora face masks and from what I can tell, everyone was right! It smells amazing and is soothing on the skin! It feels luxurious and didn’t break me out…all in all, it’s a win/win! I will definitely be purchasing more of these bad boys and would totally recommend them to you!
* 6. OGX Coconut Miracle Oil – $8.99: I’ve never really been a believer in hair oils, they just never seemed to work for me…until now! The Coconut Miracle Oil has helped restore the ends of my hair to where they look less like a rat’s nest and more like actual hair!! Yippie! I take a quarter sized amount (I have a lot of hair) and run it through towel dried hair, focusing on the ends and let it air dry from there! I have used it (around) 10 times and have noticed such a difference! This is definitely a step I won’t be skipping anymore!
* 7. Clinique Happy Perfume – $42 – $69: This is one of my favorite scents for summer! It’s light, citrusy, and not overpowering in any way. It smells like summer and has just enough staying power to last on my skin all day! I have been wearing this for years and have no plans to stop!
* 8. Batiste Dry Shampoo – $7.99: You guys already know the deal. I love dry shampoo and this is my favorite kind! I have been using the blush scent in case you were wondering! 🙂
* 1. B.P. Raw Edge V-Neck Tee – $17: I live for basic tees! I get them from Old Navy, Target, Marshalls…everywhere. I love this one from Nordstrom because it’s drapey and has the raw edge. It’s extremely comfortable and easy to throw on with just about anything!
* 2. Aerie Lace Raceback Bralette – $16.17: I love bralettes. They are (sometimes) more comfortable then a regular bra and more decorative than a sports bra which makes them perfect to pair with drapey tanks and V-necks (like the one pictured above)! I have a couple from VS but prefer the ones I’ve gotten from Aerie!
* 3. Express Lace Inset Tie Neck Blouse – $49.90: This is one of my favorite tops to wear during the work week. It’s drapey, comfortable and breathable; and in this Georgia heat, I need all 3 of those things in a blouse! It comes in 4 shades and I have mine in sienna!
* 4. 90 Degree by Reflex Women’s Power Flex Yoga Pants – $19.99: 95% of the time this is what I’m wearing; basically I live in yoga pants & running tights (no shame). I have them in multiple colors and multiple lengths. They are thick without being too thick and pass the squat test! Do yourself a favor and try them out!
* 5. Style & Co Pull On Skinny Pants – $49.50: These are another staple for my work week; I have them in navy and black and can tell you that they are well loved!
* 6. Converse Chuck Taylor ‘Shoreline’ Sneaker – $49.95: These look great with tights, jeans, sweats, shorts…basically they look good with everything. They are extremely comfortable, fit true to size and look very flattering on the foot.
* 7. Caravelle 44N101 Women’s Watch – $135: I absolutely adore this watch. My mom got this for me a few Christmas’ ago and I wear it non-stop! The rose gold finish is stunning and the face is just the right size!
* 8. Audrey Brooke Nolan Flat – $49.95: I. Love. These. I have 2 pairs of Audrey Brooke flats and I love them both. I will say that I had to wear them with some discomfort for about a week or so in order to break them in but now they feel like butter! And if I’m being honest, I deal with that week of discomfort with all of my flats. NOTE: these fit true to size (on me) but run slightly more narrow than my other flats.
As for my music favorites, I’ve basically just been listening to 90s country all month. It reminds me of my childhood and takes me back to simpler times. When you hear Shania Twain say “let’s go girls,” something clicks inside of you and there’s no turning back. I sprinkled in some other genres but 90s country was the star of the show!
As for my magical moment, my cousin came home to celebrate her birthday and I got to spend all weekend with her! Fortunately I’ve been able to see her more this year than I usually do and that’s been a real treat for me, but since she lives in Memphis and I live in Atlanta, I have to cherish all the time I get to spend with her! We went to trivia, ate burgers and hot dogs (yum), played ridiculous amounts of games, ate cake, drank coffee and caught up on all the things that had happened since I saw her last! She’s a gem and a half and I’m hoping I can convince her to make one more trip home in the fall so we can go to a Georgia Tech football game (Go Jackets!) and eat at the Varsity. Cousin, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I hope this is the best year yet! I love you!
So that’s it for my July favorites! Sorry it was so long, I just had a lot of great things to share with you guys! I hope your July was spectacular and hope your August is even better! What were you guys loving in the month of July? Let me know down below!