Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all have something wonderful & relaxing planned for the weekend! Today I thought I would bring you another favorites post but also throw in a few un-favorites as well! If you follow Stephanie Ledda (SMLx0) on YouTube, then the title above probably looks very familiar to you! Shoutout to Stephanie for the inspiration behind this post and the title, and if you haven’t checked out her channel, you totally should. She’s incredibly genuine & relatable and has the cutest pups around! So without further ado, let’s jump right in.
* 1. Dermalogica Ultracalming Mist – $37: I know I have mentioned this before on my blog but I have been using it a lot recently. My skin has definitely been more problematic over the last week (or so) and I have found that going in with this face mist before my makeup application (or after doing a purifying face mask) works wonders! NOTE: This products smells a lot like vinegar to me, I know, not pleasant. However it doesn’t linger for more than 3-5 seconds after spraying the skin so I tend to look past this small, annoying detail.
* 2. Tarte Shape Tape (Fair Neutral) – $25 & Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (Fair) – $6.99: These are my go-to concealers. The Shape Tape is thicker and more full coverage; whereas the Fit Me is a little creamier (not runny though) and more of a medium coverage. I tend to only use the Shape Tape in the inner corner area of my eye and the Fit Me everywhere else. If I’m having a particularly hard day with my skin, I might use the Shape Tape to spot conceal any blemishes that I have but I typically just stick to the Bare Minerals Mineral Concealer ($20) for that!
* 3. EVA NYC Surfs Up! Texture Spray – $8.99: This is one of the only products in my recent Ulta order that I actually plan on keeping. I have been on the hunt for a texturizing spray that I actually like and that doesn’t break the bank and I think I finally found it! The scent is divine, it helps create volume and it gives you that piecey look when wearing curls or loose waves. If you haven’t tried it, you totally should!
* 4. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor – $7.49: Maybelline has been killing the lippie game lately. I have 2 shades from this line: Pink Wink & Plum Paradise and love them both. They are hydrating, pigmented and easy to where. If you’re more of a matte lippie kinda gal, I love their Color Sensational Creamy Matte Line as well as their Matte Lip Ink line! BONUS: Right now at Ulta, Maybelline lippies are BOGO 50% off!
* 5. Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder (Precious Petals) – $4.99: I know this has been all over the blogging/YouTube world for a while now, but guys, this highlight is BEAUTIFUL…and it’s under FIVE DOLLARS!!! They have a variety of shades but this is the only one I have…so far. If you have been looking for something that can go from daytime to nighttime and doesn’t break the bank, give this bad boy a try, you won’t be sorry!
* 6. Mario Badescu Anti-Acne Serum – $20: I know that I’ve talked about this product before but it’s worth mentioning again! I have been reaching for this a lot lately since my skin has been in need of some extra TLC. It works wonderfully on sensitive, ruptured skin and doesn’t cause any irritation. If you’ve been looking for a soothing anti-acne product, look no further!
* 1. Fitbit Charge 2 Heartrate + Fitness Band – $149: I am currently completing the Shift Shop workout program through Beachbody On Demand and my Fitbit Charge 2 has been a great accessory! It tracks heart rate, sleep patterns, all-day activity & exercise. It’s water resistant, lasts about 5 days before needing a charge & the bands are interchangeable. NOTE: I have the purple in a size small!
* 2. Ultimate Pub Trivia – $20.61: Fun Fact about me: I love board games! David and I play this all the time and really enjoy it. I know it’s probably not for everyone, but we love it! If you like games and have been looking for a new one, give this one a try!
* 3. Nike Women’s Twill Adjustable Hat – $18: I have recently started wearing a hat when I work out and I love it! I find that it helps keep my hair out of my face and if I’m working out outdoors, it shields my poor eyes from the sun!
* 4. 90 Degree by Reflex High-Waisted Power Flex Capris – $18.99: I know, I know, I’ve talked about these a million times before, but guys you seriously need to try them! I have them in 6 different colors and they have quickly become my favorite workout tights…of all time. They are durable, affordable, comfortable and opaque…what more do you need?
* 5. BP. Stich Patchwork Plaid Scarf – $19: I know this might seem silly since it’s still 5676764367 degrees outside, but I wear scarves just about everyday. Unfortunately my employer likes to keep the temperature at a cool 60 degrees so my need for a scarf is severe. I always keep two in the drawer by my desk just in case I forget to grab one before I leave the house…I’m telling you, it’s serious y’all!
* 6. Butterball Turkey Burgers (Sweet Onion) – $5ish: These. Are. Amazing! That’s really all I can say!
* 7. Adidas Women’s Adipure 360.3 Training Shoe – $70ish: I got these shoes last year after dealing with some debilitating and painful workouts due to plantar fasciitis. They are comfortable & durable and I absolutely love them! Since then, Adidas has come out with a variety of different training shoe options and I have linked a couple here and here!
**Disclaimer: I don’t actually HATE any of the products listed below, they just didn’t work for me and my skin!**
* 1. NYX Ultimate Multi-Finish Shadow Palette (Sugar High) – $17.99: Guys, I was SOOOOO disappointed in this palette. I got this in my most recent Ulta order and was so excited to play with it but unfortunately it just didn’t wow me. The palette features 12 shades (4 matte, 4 shimmer & 4 sparky metallic) and not a single one REALLY stood out. The term “sparkly metallic” is another way of saying glittery. After swatching these I had glitter all over my hands and arms….which is not ideal. The matte shades were just okay and the shimmery ones were eh. It wasn’t terrible, but I definitely think there are better options out there.
* 2. Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel – $50: Guys, save your money, this is not even close to being worth $50 dollars (IMO). I love the face wash from this line but the clearing gel REALLY missed the mark. It was really harsh on my skin and did nothing to help clear up any existing blemishes! This gets a huge thumbs down from me.
* 3. L.A. Girl Pro Coverage HD Foundation – $8.99: Nope. This did not work for me AT ALL. It made my skin incredibly dewy (in the worst way) and oxidized like CRAZY. I ended up having to take off my foundation in the middle of the day because I looked like an Oompa Loompa…it wasn’t my best makeup day. I even went back and tried the lightest shade in the line and even that was too orange after about 45 minutes. I wanted to love this so much after hearing such rave reviews but unfortunately it just wasn’t meant to be. So if you are a fair skinned girl like me, beware, it’s a little orangey for my liking.
* 4. Essie Nail Polish – $9 & Orly Bonder – $10: I very well may be the only person in the world that doesn’t love Essie nail polishes. I own about 4-5 different shades but unfortunately experience the same result with all of them. I’m not a fan of the thinner brush that Essie polishes have but would be willing to overlook that small detail if the polish performed better on my nails. I just find that it chips way too easily and is very streaky when I go to put it on. I don’t know guys, I just can’t get behind the Essie polishes, I’m sorry. 🙁 As for the Orly bonder, I know a lot of people swear by this base coat but I just don’t like it. I find that my polish chips much faster whenever I use this product and it just doesn’t seem worth it to me. What is your favorite base coat? Help a girl out!
* 5. L’Oreal Pure Clay Exfoliate & Refine Mask – $12.99: I know so many people that love this mask, and while I don’t hate it, it just didn’t work for me. It caused me to breakout really badly on my cheeks and forehead and took forever to clear up. If you have sensitive skin and want to try this out, I would recommend leaving it on for no more than 3-5 minutes the first few times to ensure that you don’t have any adverse reactions. NOTE: for those of you that enjoy the L’Oreal masks, they are currently BOGO 40% off at Ulta!
* 6. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – $6.99: I used to love the RT foundation sponge, but lately they have just been plain terrible. They rip after the first couple of uses and don’t blend in the foundation the same way they used to (am I crazy? It’s different right? It’s not just me). I have since started using the L’Oreal Foundation Blender ($8.99) & the Ulta Foundation Sponge ($4.99-$10) and am really enjoying those!
* 7. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer – $45: I didn’t like this primer AT ALL. It didn’t fill in my pores, it didn’t keep me matte & it often balled up on my skin when I tried to apply it. For $45 dollars I need more from a primer. What is your favorite pore filling primer, I’m always looking for a new one!
So that’s it for this edition of Friday Favorites & Hate Its. I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you all have the best weekend! What were some of your weekly favorites and hate its? Leave me a comment down below, I’d love to know!