Good morning loves, I hope your weekend was nothing short of amazing and I hope this week has gotten off to a great start! For today’s post I thought I would share my latest ULTA haul with you guys! Some of the products below may look familiar as a couple of them were highlighted in my Favorites & Hate Its post from last Friday! However, since not EVERYTHING was highlighted, I figured I would show you everything from my order and give you a little mini review along the way!
* 1. NYX Multi-Finish Shadow Palette – $17.99: Out of everything I ordered, this was the product I was most excited to get my hands on; unfortunately I didn’t like it at all. The shadows look beautiful in the pan but after swatching them and putting them on my eyes, they were just okay. I decided to go with this palette because it featured a variety of finishes: matte, shimmer and “sparkly metallic” (-aka- ultra-glittery) and I thought it would be perfect for creating a nice, feminine date-night look. The sparkly metallic shades were a little too glittery (IMO) for me and the shimmer shades were not as opaque as I was hoping. I hate to say it, but this was dud all the way around for me. I definitely plan on returning this and getting something different.
* 2. Ulta Beauty Demi-Matte Foundation – $14: I will be honest, this came as a free gift with my purchase and I have yet to try it out. I picked mine up in the shade ‘Classic Ivory’ and after swatching it on my cheek, it seems to be a decent match. It has an SPF of 20 and there are 10 shades within the line; however there only appears to be a couple of shades suitable for darker skin tones, so keep that in mind if you are interested in trying this out.
* 3. NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick – $6.99: I have used these lippies before and never really had any issues with them…until now. I purchased the shade ‘French Maid’ and had a terrible time trying to apply this to my lips. It was thick, drying and just plain cakey looking. I don’t know if it’s just this particular shade, but either way, it wasn’t my favorite and I plan on returning this as well.
* 4. Essie Nail Polish – $9: If you’ve read my Favorites & Hate Its post then you already know this didn’t work out for me. I love, love, love the color (‘Borrowed & Blue’), but the application is not my favorite. I’m not a fan of the thinner brushes and I’m even less of a fan of the Essie formula. I feel like I’m definitely in the minority when it comes to my feelings regarding these polishes but I find them to be streaky, sticky and incredibly difficult to work with.
* 5. NYX Pore Filler Primer – $13.99: I typically use the Too Faced Primed & Poreless ($30) primer but since I was running low I thought I would pick up a more budget friendly option and give it a try. Unfortunately this was another fail for me. Aside from it smelling like baby powder, which I don’t like, I also found it to be incredibly chalky and hard to work with. It was thicker than I was expecting and was impossible to blend. Have you guys tried this product? Did you have trouble applying it to your skin?
* 6. Ulta Beauty Melisa Michelle Palette – $20: All-in-all this was a really nice palette; the packaging was beautiful and the shadows were pigmented and easy to blend. It came with a 3 strip highlighter, a bronzer, a liquid lipstick & 9 eyeshadows. For $20 dollars, that’s an incredible value. I have ultimately decided to return this palette, not because I didn’t like it, but because the liquid lip and the bronzer simply will not work for my skin tone and I have very similar eyeshadows already in my collection.
* 7. Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner – $15: I. LOVE. THIS. STUFF. This is an ultra-mild toner that is suitable for those with sensitive skin (hi, that’s me). The Aloe Vera helps to soothe irritated skin all while helping to remove dirt and unclog your pores. If you have been looking for a toner that is gentle and soothing, look no further, this is it!
* 8. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor – $7.49: I have used these lippies before and wanted to pick up another one in a more nude/pink shade. I picked up the shade Pink Wink and I love it! They are creamy, pigmented and incredibly easy to apply. BONUS: right now at ULTA Maybelline lippes are BOGO 50% off!
* 9. Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallic Lipcolor – $7.49: Metallic lips have been all over the internet lately, and while I think ultra-metallic lips are beautiful, it’s not a super wearable look for me. With that being said, I still wanted to give the trend a try so I opted for Maybelline’s Matte Metallic lippies! I picked up the shade ‘Copper Rose,’ and while I have yet to wear it on my lips, the swatch on the back of my hand was stunning! I think this color will be perfect for fall and I can’t wait to play around with this a little more!
* 10. EVA NYC Surfs Up! Texture Spray – $8.99: I have been on the hunt for a good texturizing spray that wasn’t too heavy or too expensive and I think I may have found it. This adds the perfect amount of volume and grit to my hair without weighing it down or being greasy. The smell is divine and it does a great job of creating a piecey look when I curl my hair! If you’re in the market, check it out!
* 11. Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder – $4.99: This was definitely the star of the show! I had heard such great things about this highlighter and let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint! I picked up the shade ‘Precious Petals’ and I’m obsessed! It can go from subtle to intense in a matter of seconds and at this price point, can you really beat it?! There are 6 shades in the line and I’m hoping to get my hands on ‘Blossom Glow’ soon!
So that wraps up this Ulta haul/mini review!! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know down below if you’ve tried anything mentioned above!