How is it already September 1st? Where did the time go? As much as I’ll miss the summer weather, I’m beyond ready for fall! It’s easily my favorite season and with it comes football, crisp weather and great fashion; what’s not to love? However before we jump into the fall season, I want to share my August favorites with you all! As always, I will link everything down below so let’s jump right in!
* 1. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – $26: When I first got this powder, I didn’t love it; however after playing around with it for the past month (or two), I have fallen in love! It’s not drying in any way, it never creases and it gives my under eye area that extra brightness it craves!
* 2. ABH Modern Renaissance Palette – $ 42: No surprise here! I’ve talked about this product before and after using other palettes in my collection for a while, I found myself reaching for this one again. Maybe it’s the impending weather change, or maybe I just missed their buttery consistency, either way I’ve been using it all month and still love it just as much!
* 3. Julep It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse – $20: This is one of the easiest lip products I’ve ever used. It’s lightweight, pigmented, easy to apply and stays on all day! I have mine in the shade Bisou and I love it!
* 4. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush – $7.99: As I’ve mentioned before, I’m really into blush lately. The ones from Neutrogena have a beautiful finish and give a nice flush to the cheeks. If you’re looking for something that’s pretty and subtle (when you use a light hand), give this one try!
* 5. Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara – $8.99: I mentioned this mascara in my Top 10 Under $10 and have been using it non-stop. I don’t know if I like it better than my Tarte: Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara, but it’s definitely been my go-to product over the past month (or two)!
* 6. No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask – $16.99: I have been on the hunt for an affordable hydrating face mask for what feels like forever and I think I finally found one! You can leave it on for 3-10 minutes or apply a thin layer and leave it on overnight. I have tried it both ways and have experienced incredible results each time! If you’re in need of some extra hydration, check this brand out!
* 7. It Cosmetics CC+ Cream – $38: After using the Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation for a couple months straight, I’m back to reaching for this bad boy. It provides great coverage and never feels heavy on the skin. I just can’t quit it!
* 8. EVA NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask – $14.99: I don’t know about you guys, but my hair can feel like straw on any given day. I have incredibly thick, coarse hair and it needs as much help as it can get. I like to apply this after shampooing my hair and typically leave it on for 10 minutes; when I rinse it out my ends feel baby soft! If you’re struggling with damaged, dry hair, give this a try and let me know what you think!
* 9. KL Polish – $8.50: I know, I know, I should probably stop putting these polishes in my favorites posts but I just can’t help it! I have been wearing Zoey and St. Clair (pictured above) all month and just can’t get enough! I know these are unavailable in other countries BUUUUTTT I will be including 2 shades in my 300+ follower giveaway, so if you’re interested, you can enter HERE!
* 10. Real Techniques Setting Brush – $7.99: I love, love, love this brush for my traditional powder highlighters! It applies beautifully and is incredibly affordable, you can’t really go wrong!
* 11. Jojoba Oil – $13.99: I recently ran out of my Josie Maran Argan Oil and wanted to try something new. I had heard great things about jojoba oil and wanted to give them a try! I use this before going in with my moisturizer and have been loving the result. I find that it soaks into the skin quicker than my argan oil and leaves me hydrated without feeling greasy! I have also recently taken the Essential Oil plunge and heard that this was a great carrier oil so I’m excited to learn new ways in which I can use this in my everyday life!
* 1. Victoria’s Secret PINK Varsity Crew – $49.95: With the evenings starting to cool down, I have been reaching for my VS varsity crew A LOT! It’s oversized, lightweight, long and extremely comfy! If you’re looking for a basic, long-sleeve tunic to wear over your leggings, check this one out!
* 2. Victoria’s Secret PINK Cotton High-Waisted Legging – $35.95: I know these probably aren’t the best leggings in the world, but they are so comfortable! I typically pair them with the varsity crew listed above and have never been comfier!
* 3. Monogrammed Navy/Garnet Plaid Blanket Scarf – $22.95: I mentioned this scarf in my Fall Essentials post and have been wearing it non-stop. I have about 9-10 scarves that I wear pretty regularly depending on my outfit, but this one has been a constant staple over the past month or so. While it’s still relatively warm outside, my office hoovers around 60 degrees so I’m always trying to stay bundled up! If you’re looking for an affordable plaid scarf for the cooler months, check out Etsy, they have a plethora of options!
* 4. Converse Chuck Taylor ‘Shoreline’ Sneaker – $49.95: I’ve talked about these 25436874 times here on my blog! I’ll save you the speech, just know they are my absolute favorite!
* 5. BP. ‘Moveover’ Pointy Toe Flat – $49.95: I wear flats to work almost everyday and these are my most reached for pair ever. I love a good, nude shoe because it can be worn with a variety of outfits! After breaking these in, they are some of my most comfy flats ever!
* New Girl: Guys! Do you watch this show?!?! It’s probably my favorite CURRENT show, I just can’t get enough. With the final season rapidly approaching, I have been going back and watching all of my favorite moments…especially those between Nick & Jess…swooooooon! If you’ve never watched it, give it a try, I think you’ll like it!
* Gilmore Girls: If you’ve been following me for a while, you know how much I love Gilmore Girls (the original series). I just so happened to be flipping through the channels and saw “Friday Night’s Alright For Fighting” was on…you know the episode where Logan saves Rory & the Yale Daily News…and it was all downhill from there! I immediately hopped on Netflix and started watching my favorite episodes/scenes and found myself down the rabbit hole of all rabbit holes! As most of you know I’m 150% team Logan and swoon at the chance to watch him on TV. As much as I enjoy watching the original series over and over, I don’t have the same feelings in regards to the reboot (I talk alllllll about my feelings HERE, if you’re interested). In any case, I will happily watch the original
So that wraps up my August Favorites! What have you guys been loving lately! Leave a comment down below and let me know! I hope you guys have an awesome Labor Day weekend, be safe and I’ll catch you guys next week!