Happy hump day friends and welcome back! I hope you had an awesome weekend and an even better start to the week; I’m still feeling a little under the weather but I’m hoping that a steady diet of essential oils, Mucinex and Vitamin C will be enough to get me through. *fingers crossed* Today I thought I would do something that has been highly requested and finally share my fitness favorites with you all. It’s no secret that I live 95% of my non-work life in workout tights (seriously guys, NINETY-FIVE PERCENT), but in between lounging on the couch, going to brunch and making grocery runs, I do manage to get a workout in here and there. This year I have made it a priority to be more proactive in regards to my fitness regimen and take better care of myself both mentally and physically. With this new found focus on fitness (and health and general) I have come across a number of products that make getting my butt to the gym much easier; from apparel to supplements, I got you covered! As always, everything will be listed and linked below, so let’s jump right in!
* 1. Z by Zella Comeback Mesh Panel Leggings – $26.97: Before I took the plunge and ordered my “splurge” leggings (listed down below), I found these bad boys on the Nordstrom Rack website! I never thought to check NR for athletic apparel, but you better believe that I now stalk their page regularly! I love the mesh detail & cropped design and find that they are perfect for my hot yoga classes. They are opaque, breathable and super comfortable. They fit TTS (I’m a M for reference) and are a steal at just under $30 dollars!
* 2. Zella Out of Bounds High Waist Legging – $65: Y’all, these are my “splurge” leggings! I’m all for hopping over to Target/TJ Maxx/Old Navy for affordable workout gear but last year I decided to give in/treat myself and order a couple pairs of Zella leggings, and I’m SO glad that I did! They are comfortable, durable and worth every penny. They fit TTS and have held up like a dream! NOTE: They also come in black. NOTE 2: If you like more of a plain design, their Live In High Waist Leggings ($54) are PERFECT!
* 3. 90 Degree by Reflex Powerflex Yoga Pants – $19.99: You guys have heard me talk about these time and time again. I love them; they are some of the best leggings I’ve tried and they are under TWENTY DOLLARS…guys, you can’t beat that. They come in a variety of colors & styles and fit TTS. You can find them at stores like Marshalls & TJ Maxx and online through Amazon Prime (where I get mine). They also have a website and regularly run sales and specials on a variety of their products! If you are looking for an affordable pair of leggings, look no further, THESE. ARE. IT!
* 4. Adidas Swift Run Sneakers – $84.99: OBSESSED! I had been eyeing these bad boys since before Christmas and finally took the plunge and ordered myself a pair. For those of you who don’t know, Adidas is my go-to sneaker brand for running/training shoes; I find them more comfortable than Nikes and I just can’t get enough. This particular style features a wider toe bed and would be PERFECT for those of you that have a wider set foot. I personally have a more normal to narrow foot but still love the look and feel of these sneakers…basically what I’m saying is that they’ll work for everyone. NOTE: They run TTS-ish. I ordered my normal 7 1/2 but could have totally gone with a 7. If you have a narrow foot I would recommend going down a 1/2 size!
* 5. Zella 3-Pack Low Profile Socks – $25: Anytime I’m wearing sneakers I HAVE to have a low profile/no-show sock; I don’t know what it is, but I HATE when my socks peek out of my shoes…I know, I’m a mess. They are breathable and stay in place all day long; so while they may be more expensive than some, I think they are 100% worth it. NOTE: These run small. Order one size up!
* 6. Adidas Women’s Edge Lux Running Sneakers – $74.98: I ordered these the same time I snagged the Swift Runs (pictured above), and let me tell ya, they are GREAT. They are comfortable, run TTS and work well for a quick run or circuit training class. If you’re looking for a lightweight training sneaker, check these out!
* 1. Zella Sports Fusion Sports Bra – $35: I have been wearing more halter-style sports bras lately because I’m always looking for a little extra coverage. This one by Zella Body offers high-impact support and is incredibly comfortable. NOTE: Fits TTS (I’m a L for reference). If in-between sizes, go up one!
* 2. Nike Women’s Sportswear Summit Hoodie – $75: I’m a sucker for a good Nike hoodie and this did not disappoint. With the colder weather I’m always looking for extra warmth wherever I can get it and this certainly does the job. It’s longer in the back which makes it perfect for leggings and transitions nicely from the gym to brunch with your girlfriends. It’s a little on the pricey side (for a hoodie) but holds up incredibly well and is worth the money (IMO)! NOTE: This also comes in a full-zip style.
* 3. Nike Sportswear Archive Jacket – $63.75: I love this jacket! It’s simple, features a relaxed fit and is the perfect addition to your activewear/athleisure arsenal. If you could only get ONE jacket/hoodie for your collection, this would be my pick! NOTE: Fits TTS.
* 4. Victoria’s Secret The Player Sports Bra – $22.50: I love VS sports bras. They are comfortable and offer a wide variety of styles/colors to choose from. They have everything from low-high impact and are relatively inexpensive. NOTE: I wear this to Yoga, Barre, Pilates, etc. and it fits TTS.
* 5. Adidas Original Muscle Tank – $30: When it comes to workout apparel I tend to stick to the basics. A classic tank/tee is all I need! These feature a relaxed fit and are perfect for my yoga/circuit training classes.
* 6. Adidas Squad III Duffel Bag – $52.95: I’ve talked about this bag on my blog before and I’ll talk about it again. I love it. It’s roomy enough without being TOO big and has a separate section for wet clothes & shoes. I’ve had mine for 3 years and its still going strong! If you’re in the market for a new gym bag, this one DEFINITELY gets my stamp of approval! NOTE: Some colors are less expensive!
* 7. Nike Dry Metallic Logo Tank – $22.50: Another basic tank…I told you, I really can’t stay away! This tank is lightweight, breathable and perfect for any workout. Unfortunately most of the sizes are sold out (only XS & M are available) but if you’re looking for something simple, you can find more of my favorites HERE & HERE!
* 1. Cellucor C4 Ripped Pre-Workout – $32.36: This is the pre-workout I’ve been using for the last year or so and I really like it. It’s formulated without creatine (though they do have one with creatine) and gives me enough energy to get my butt in gear and make it to the gym. I drink this 30 minutes before my workout and have been loving my results so far.
* 2. KT Tape Pro – $13.51: I NEVER leave home without a roll of KT Tape in my gym bag. I have TERRIBLE knees (seriously they’re the worst) and always try to tape them up before my workouts to add a little extra support and stability. I get the pre-cut strips because it’s more convenient and think they work like a charm. PRO TIP: Make sure your skin is COMPLETELY clean and dry (no lotions) before applying the tape to ensure it stays in place!
* 3. Invisibobble Original Hair Tie – $7.95: I use a run of the mill hair tie 95% of the time, however if I’m working out in the middle of the day, I tend to reach for these instead. They don’t damage or pull out my hair and they NEVER leave a crease, HALLELUJAH! If you’re trying to avoid that crease life, check these out! NOTE: They come in 3 additional colors!
* 4. RX Protein Bars – $23.88: I always try to keep some kind of snack in my gym bag for after (or before) my workouts and these RX Bars have been my go-to treat lately! I love the chocolate sea-salt & blueberry flavors and think they are totally worth trying. I find them to be a bit heavier (and chewier) than your traditional protein bar, which is a plus for me. There’s nothing worse than being hungry, scarfing down your snack and still feeling ravenous. With these being heavier, I find that they take longer to eat which in turn keeps me fuller longer! NOTE: The price listed above is for 12 bars.
* 5. Dove Dry Spray – $5.49: You guys know how much I love this deodorant, it’s seriously one of my favs! I always keep a bottle in my gym bag (and sometimes my purse) just in case I forget to put it on at home and never have a problem with it transferring to my clothes. If you haven’t tried it, I would totally recommend it!
* 6. CamelBak Eddy Water Bottle – $15.99: My fitness favorites wouldn’t be complete without a water bottle. I have various styles and brands but always find myself coming back to this one from CamelBak. NOTE: The color shown above is Sky Blue.
* 7. Fitbit Charge 2 – $149.95: I got my Fitbit last year after getting serious about fitness and have been in love ever since. It’s comfortable, accurate and stylish…AKA…perfect! And bonus, you don’t ever have to worry about getting bored with the color of your band because guess what….it can be changed! NOTE: I wear a size small!
* 8. JBL E25BT Wireless In-Ear Headphones – $59.99: David’s parents got me a JBL speaker a couple of years ago for Christmas and I loved it so much that I decided to try their headphones. Y’all, they are amazing! They are wireless (so perfect for the gym), comfortable and relatively affordable! If you’re looking for a pair of wireless headphones for the gym (or life in general) and don’t want to break the bank, check these out!
* 9. EVA NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo -$11.99: For those of you who have been around a while, you’re not at all surprised to see a dry shampoo pop up on my fitness favorites! I ALWAYS keep a bottle of this in my gym bag so I can spray my hair immediately after my workout, especially if I’m not planning on washing my hair that day/night. And before you ask, NO I don’t wash my hair after every workout…I don’t have time for all that!
So that wraps up my Fitness Favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post and were able to find a little extra inspo to carry into your own fitness regimen! What are some of your must-have items when hitting the gym? I’d love to know!