Happy New Year friends and welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season full of love and laughter and are ready to kick off 2018 with a bang! I’m sorry that I went off the grid for a couple of weeks but I just wanted to take some time to unwind and watch Hallmark movies without feeling like I had to meet a certain deadline…please forgive me! In any case, I’m back and today I’m bringing you the first installment of my 2017 favorites! Today I’m going to be talking all things lifestyle, fashion & food! So if you’re interested in the products that I was crushing on last year, let’s jump right in! And as always, I will list and link everything down below!
2017 LIFESTYLE FAVORITES
* 1. Erin Condren Life Planner – $55: I’ve talked about this numerous times on my blog but I’m gonna talk about it again. I know $55+ dollars might seem a bit steep for a planner but it really is the GOAT of all planners. It’s durable, functional and incredibly fun. There are a plethora of customizable options; including planning layouts, cover design & color schemes. If you’re in the market for a new planner I would 150% recommend this. If you’re looking for a more budget friendly option, THIS is the planner for you! It’s an awesome Erin Condren dupe (IMO) and I’m currently using it to keep track of all blogging related deadlines!
* 2. Young Living Essential Oils: I couldn’t do a 2017 favorites post and not include these bad boys. I made the decision a few months ago to jump on the oily bandwagon and I’m so glad that I did. The 4 oils shown above are Peace & Calming II, Peppermint, Vetiver & Valor and have easily become some of my favorites…at least for now! You can read about my decision to turn oily HERE and if you have any questions about the oils listed above and how I use them, drop me a comment and we can chat!
* 3. Mr. Lister Quiz Shootout – $17.95: Are you a board game person? I am and Mr. Lister’s Quiz Shootout was one of my favorites last year. You need 3+ people to play (though I’ve made it work with only 2 players using the honor system :)) and it’s always a good time! It’s a nice low-stress, relaxing game when you’re bored with everything on TV. If you like games, it’s totally worth checking out!
* 4. Eddie Bauer Red Clay San Juan Sherpa Throw – $27.99: This may be one of my favorite purchases of 2017. This blanket is thick, soft and irresistibly cozy! If you’re looking for a warm blanket for these cold winter nights, look no further! NOTE: This is currently 20% off making it $27.99 (originally 34.99).
* 5. Clay Art Tapered Base Mug 21oz Stoneware – $5.99: I have always been a lover of cute coffee mugs and this pink and gold dotted gem is no exception. If you’re in the market for cute, trendy coffee mugs, Target has a TON to choose from and at under $6 dollars, I don’t think you can go wrong!
* 6. Bath & Body Works Candles – $12.50-$24.50: I know a lot of people who are on an oily journey of their own have thrown out all of their candles…but guys, I just can’t do it. I still buy them and very much enjoy burning them 🙂 Maybe one day I’ll kick them to the curb but for now this is my reality! My two favorites this year were Flannel and Pumpkin Cupcake, unfortunately both are sold out but I will link a few of my other must-haves HERE, HERE & HERE! NOTE: B&BW is currently running their semi-annual sale with select items up to 75% off!
* 7. Ultimate Pub Trivia – $24.49: Another game favorite of 2017! David and I (and Jordan too) LOVE this game! If you are at all into trivia, check this out!
* 8. Espresso Bedroom Vanity – $251.99: This was a big gift from my sweet mama last year! I decided to clean out half of my closet (which was no small feat) so that I could finally have a vanity and a proper place to store all of my makeup and hair care products! This is the perfect size for my space and has tons of storage. I love the bottom drawer because I’m able to fit all of my taller hair care products and the storage option under the mirror is great for jewelry, hair ties, perfume rollerballs and much more!
2017 FASHION FAVORITES
* 1. 90 Degree by Reflex PowerFlex Yoga Pants – $19.99: I’ve talked a lot about this brand on my blog and I can’t help but mention them again! I know Lulu is all the rage, but y’all 100+ dollars is A LOT of money…especially for workout tights. I found these while perusing Amazon for workout apparel and I’m so glad that I decided to take a chance and purchase them; they are opaque, affordable and extremely comfortable. They also come in high-waisted and cropped varieties and really are a steal. Let’s put it this way, I’ve paid waaaaay more for a much crappier product.
* 2. BP. Side Slit Tee – $19: I’m sure I’m not the first person you’ve seen talk about these shirts as they are all the rage right now. They are perfect for layering, long enough to wear with leggings and come in 6 different colors. If you’ve been on the hunt for comfy, basic long-sleeve tees, look no further! NOTE: They do run large, so if you’re worried about it being TOO big, you may want to size down.
* 3. Fitbit Charge 2 – $129.95: This was another gift from my sweet mama last year. I got much more serious about my fitness game in 2017 and decided I HAD TO HAVE a fitbit…and you know what? I LOVE it! It’s comfortable, accurate (IMO) and stylish. If you’ve been thinking about taking the plunge and getting a fitness tracker, I think this is a great option!
* 4. Double Layer Satin Cami -$39.90: I love these basic cami’s from Express. They are a great length, super lightweight and perfect for the office or a fun weekend with your girls! I have it in 4 different colors and wish I had more. I pair them with a cozy cardigan or stylish blazer and I’m ready for work in 10 minutes flat. NOTE: I sized up.
* 5. BP. Raw Edge V-Neck Tee – $17: Yaaasssssss! These V-necks are my favorite! They are super soft and feature a relaxed fit with a curved hem (very flattering). I have them in 3 different colors and can dress them up (with a blazer) or down (with my favorite leggings). NOTE: These have a relaxed fit but run TTS.
* 6. Sole Society Cammila Pointed Toe Smoking Slipper – $69.95: Y’all, look at these shoes!!! I’m a sucker for anything sparkly and beautiful and these sure do fit the bill. They come in 6 different color/patterns and are beyond adorable! They are perfect for the holidays or a night out on the town, if you like them, snatch them up, they won’t last long! NOTE: They run TTS but take a couple of days to break in.
* 7. Hobo Lauren Clutch Wallet – $87.80: This is my second Hobo wallet (thanks babe) and I just can’t get enough. They are trendy, hold all of your essentials and then some and come in a WIDE variety of colors/patterns. NOTE: There are quite a few color/pattern options currently on sale on the hobo website. NOTE 2: If the hobo website isn’t running a sale, always check Nordstrom Rack to see what they have available!
* 8. Converse Chuck Taylor Shoreline Sneakers – $49.95: You guys know I love these sneakers. They fit TTS and are incredibly flattering on the feet. They come in different color options but the classic white is my favorite!
* 9. BP. Pop Tweed Scarf – $12.98: My affinity for scarves could not be overlooked when putting this list together. If this pattern isn’t your cup o’ tea, you can find a few of my other favorites HERE, HERE & HERE.
* 10. Adidas Women’s Squad III Duffel Bag – $45: I bought this bag a couple years ago but REALLY put it to use in 2017 and I must say it has exceeded my expectations! It’s spacious, trendy and has a separate compartment for your shoes! If you’re in the market for a new gym bag, give this one a look!
2017 FOOD FAVORITES
* 1. Pop Chips – $4: I discovered these last year during one of my “I need healthy snacks” kicks and I love them. The ‘crazy hot’ flavor is my favorite but I’m dying to try the buffalo ranch kind. Have you tried these? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?!
* 2. Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers – $4: These are my favorite black bean patties. The spicy variety is my favorite and I love pairing them with a slice of swiss cheese and a few cauliflower tots (another major favorite).
* 3. So Delicious Cashew Milk Ice Cream – $5(ish): In the interest of full disclosure I don’t always eat non-diary ice cream but when I do, this is the best one I’ve found. It’s creamy, has a great taste and feels almost as decadent as dairy ice cream. NOTE: I like the creamy chocolate and salted caramel cluster flavors!
* 4. Avocado Toast: This became a go-to meal for me in 2017. I started adding a little chili powder to my mashed up avocados and a dollop of salsa on top for a little extra kick and I absolutely fell in love! It’s filling, tasty and healthy…you really can’t go wrong!
* 5. Outshine Fruit & Veggie Bars – $3-$6: I love these bars, especially in the summer. They are light, tasty and can curb that pesky sweet tooth.
* 6. Brookside Acai & Blueberry Dark Chocolate – $3.50: If you need something a little more decadent than the fruit and veggie bars shown above, these dark chocolate covered blueberries from Brookstone are a favorite! It’s a nice treat for after dinner or that dreaded time of the month. NOTE: They have a wide variety of flavors/products to choose from!
So that wraps up part 1 of my 2017 favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope your new year is off to an awesome start! Do you have any standout lifestyle/fashion/food favorites from 2017? If so leave me a comment down below so we can chat!
Also, stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 of my 2017 favorites coming early next week!