Happy hump day friends and welcome back! I hope your day is going well and I hope you’re ready for a jam packed post full of my favorite beauty products from 2017! If you’ve been around a while, many of these products won’t be new to you, however there are a couple skincare/hair care products that are a bit newer to the blog! We have plenty to talk about so let’s just jump right in!
* 1. Touch In Sol No Poreblem Primer – $18: I love this primer. I started using it after seeing it on Nicole Guerriero’s YouTube channel and I have definitely been impressed! It’s lightweight and does a good job of blurring those pesky pores. I can’t really speak to its ability to extend the wear of makeup because I never leave my makeup on for more than 8-10 hours but I love the way it feels and it does what I need to do.
* 2. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation – $28: I wore 2 foundations non-stop last year and this was one of them. It’s a lightweight (buildable) medium to full coverage foundation that lasts all day and looks beautiful on the skin! It’s perfect for everyday wear or those fancy special occasions; and while the color range is just OKAY (there aren’t enough options for deeper skintones) if you can find your shade, I would totally recommend trying it out. NOTE: I’m in the shade Ivory.
* It Cosmetics CC+ Cream – $38: This is the other foundation I wore non-stop last year. It’s lightweight while offering incredible coverage (especially for a cc cream) and bonus, it has SPF 50+! It never separates or becomes cakey and is the perfect foundation for those hot summer days in the South! In my experience CC Creams never have a widespread color range and this is no exception. However with that being said, they have expanded the line since first launching and I’m hoping they continue to do so! NOTE: I’m in the shade light.
* 3. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – $27: This really is the holy grail of all concealers and while it’s more expensive than what some would like to pay, it’s 150% worth it. It’s full coverage, can cover up the darkest of dark circles and lasts forever (on the skin and in the tube). There are 14 colors in the line and if you can find your shade I would RUN to your nearest ULTA and pick it up! If you’re looking for a more budget friendly option, the Maybelline Fit Me is my favorite drugstore concealer of ALL TIME! NOTE: I’m in the shade Fair Neutral but will be picking up Fair the next time I’m out!
* 4. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder – $26: This lightweight, transparent powder was my favorite way to set my under eye concealer in 2017. It helped brighten my dark circles and minimize those pesky fine lines. If you’re looking for a lightweight powder that doesn’t crease or look cakey, give this one a try!
* 5. RCMA No Color Powder – $12: I used a couple different powders to set my makeup last year, but this was the one I reached for most often. I’m sure you’ve seen this powder hundreds of times before so I’ll save you the long review and just say that it sets my makeup flawlessly and is an incredible bargain! If you’re more of a pressed powder kinda gal, you can find a couple of my favorites HERE & HERE.
* 6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette – $42: This is another product that I’ve talked about hundreds of times on my blog. There’s a reason this palette has 5 stars on the ULTA website, seriously guys, it’s THAT good. I know $42 dollars is a lot for an eyeshadow palette but mine has lasted me SOOOOOOOO long! The shadows are pigmented and blend like a dream! If I could recommend ONE palette for the rest of my life, this would be it!
* Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Eyeshadow Palette – $38: This is another holy grail palette for me. While the ABH Modern Renaissance palette is my favorite of all time, this one isn’t far off. It offers an INCREDIBLE value for your money ($38 dollars for 35 shadows) and the shadows blend like a dream. The shimmer shades are sickening and the mattes are just as beautiful. My only complaint is that it doesn’t have a matte cream shade to set your eye shadow primer with…but other than that, it’s pure gold!
* 7. ULTA Gel Eyeliner – $8: I have tried so many different eyeliners from drugstore to high end and this is the one that I keep coming back to. It’s only 8 bucks and works like a dream (at least for me). I use the shade Mink (dark brown) and have never had a problem with it running or smudging. The pencil is smooth and easy to apply and there are a ton of color options available! If you’re looking for an affordable eyeliner, check these out!
* 8. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara – $23: This is my favorite mascara of all time. I’ve tried a slew of high end (and drugstore) options and ALWAYS come back to this one. I know mascara is a ‘feel it out’ kinda thing, so even though I love this product, it might not be for you. However if you haven’t tried it and are in the market for a new mascara, give this one a whirl and see what you think! If spending anything over $10 dollars on mascara makes you sick to your stomach (because I understand that feeling), THIS is my favorite from the drugstore…seriously I use it ALL the time!
* 9. Tarte Double Duty Beauty Contour & Highlight Palette – $30: I have been raving about this palette since the beginning of time and it has consistently been my favorite product to use for contouring and highlighting. Unfortunately it’s no longer available (le sigh) so I have been using THIS one instead. I like it, but it’s not as good as my tried and true (IMO).
* 10. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – $14.99: Have you smelled this? Seriously it’s a beachy piece of heaven! This is the bronzer that I reach for when I need to add a little warmth to my complexion…so basically all the time…I’m very pale – lol. It’s matte, lasts a long time on the skin and smells like a summer dream! NOTE: I use the “bronzer” shade (the darker of the 2 options).
* 11. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso – $6.99: This is the holy grail of blushes; it’s pigmented, buildable and very easy to wear. If you’re looking for an affordable blush that won’t disappoint, go pick this up ASAP!
* Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush – $29: When I’m not wearing Luminoso you can find me reaching for my Tarte 12 Hour Blush in Dollface. It’s a matte, light pink blush that lasts FOREVER on the skin. Tarte blushes are subtle while still being buildable and they have tons of colors to choose from!
* 12. Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder – $4.99: I’ve been raving about this product for months and I just can’t stay away. It’s pigmented without being too much and gives a beautiful glow to the skin. If you’re looking for an affordable, non-chalky highlight, look no further, Wet N Wild has you covered! NOTE: The shade shown above is Precious Petals but I also own and love Blossom Glow.
* 13. Julep It’s Whipped! Matte Lip Mousse – $20: I think Julep has my favorite matte lip formula of all time. Their matte lip mousse offers a lightweight feel without sacrificing pigmentation. It’s comfortable to wear, lasts all day and doesn’t crack or dry out my lips. NOTE: The color shown above is XOXO.
* 14. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – $32: Honestly guys this is the only setting spray I use. It’s lightweight, has the perfect mist and makes my makeup last all day. I really can’t ask for more!
* 1. First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser – $20: I can’t believe I waited so long to try this cleanser, seriously it’s so good. It’s great for sensitive, irritated skin and works well with my Clarisonic Mia 2. It leaves my skin feeling clean without drying it out and I would totally recommend it if you’re looking to try something new. If you’re looking for something a little more budget friendly, I swear by THIS cleanser from CeraVe!
* 2. Josie Maran Argan Oil – $48: It’s no secret that I struggle with dry skin and this product is a life saver. I take a small drop and put it on all of my dry areas before doing my makeup (and at night) and it makes a WORLD of difference.
* 3. Origins GinZing Eye Cream – $31: This is the only eye cream I used last year and I really enjoyed it. Admittedly I am currently trying something new (I’ll keep you posted) but I still 100% recommend this product. It’s soothing, hydrating and does a nice job brightening up the under eye area.
* 4. CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream – $16.99: I have been using this at night (for months) after washing and exfoliating my face and find that when I wake up my skin is much more hydrated (not oily) and healthy looking. NOTE: CeraVe products are currently BOGO 50% off at ULTA.
* 5. Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer – $8.04: I have been using this moisturizer for months and I can’t stop. It’s non-irritating, perfect to wear under makeup, and never leaves my skin feeling greasy. If you’re skin is more on the oily side THIS one might be better suited to your needs!
* 6. Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque – $47: This is my go-to mask when my skin is struggling. I put a light layer all over my face and leave it on for 5-7 minutes before gently rinsing it off. It can dry out your skin if you’re not careful so I would suggest only doing this a 1-3 times a week and following up with your favorite moisturizer! PRO TIP: I lay a hot towel on my face for 3 minutes before applying this mask to help open up my pores. It really helps draw out all of the impurities in my skin and prep it for the good stuff!
* 7. Fresh Rose Face Mask – $62: This is my go-to mask when my skin needs a little R&R. It’s hydrating, soothing and every bit worth the $62 dollars. I don’t LOVE the scent (I don’t love rose scented things) but it’s certainly not a deal breaker (at least for me). It’s an awesome mask when your skin is craving hydration and is perfect for a spa night at home! If you haven’t tried it, I would totally recommend it! NOTE: If you don’t want to pay for the big size, they have a 1oz container for $25 dollars!
* 8. Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum – $20: If you’ve been around for a while then you’ve heard me rave about this product numerous times. Guys, it’s so good. I’ll be honest, it’s not a cure all (I haven’t found anything that is) but it certainly makes a difference. It’s non-drying (hallelujah), soothing and even works on erupted skin (YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS). If you’re looking for something less abrasive than your typical acne medication, check this out!
* 9. Tarte Pout Prep Lip Exfoliant – $16: With dry skin comes dry lips and this gem has saved me more than once. I typically use this at night before applying my lip balm but will sometimes use it before my makeup application to ensure seamless, crack free lipstick all day! It’s especially handy for the colder days/months ahead!
* 10. Fresh Sugar Oil Caramel Hydrating Lip Balm – $18: This is the lip balm I use at night after applying the Tarte Lip Exfoliant. It’s hydrating, nourishing and does a great job softening my lips while I sleep! PRO TIP: I wear this under some of my matte lippies to ensure a smooth, crack-free canvas!
* 11. Soap & Glory Righteous Butter – $15: I started using this product back in July and haven’t looked back since. It’s luxurious, smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling super soft. NOTE: Soap & Glory is currently buy 2, get 1 free at ULTA!
* 12. Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish – $15 Like the product mentioned above, I started using this in July and have been obsessed ever since. I love this body polish, it gently exfoliates while leaving your skin soft and supple. I use this and immediately follow it up with the Righteous Butter; the aroma it leaves behind is divine! NOTE: Soap & Glory is currently buy2, get 1 free at ULTA!
* 13. Philosophy Amazing Grace Satin-Finish Body Oil Mist – $28: I discovered this when looking for a nice, lightweight body oil to use for my at-home spa nights. It’s hydrating without leaving you feeling/looking greasy and smells amazing!
HAIR CARE/NAIL CARE
* 1. L’Oreal Paris Total Repair Shampoo – $6.99: I have been using this shampoo (and conditioner) for a couple of years now and while I do branch out and try new products, I always find myself coming back to this one. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and incredibly healthy looking. It’s affordable and does the job, I can’t ask for much more than that.
* 2. L’Oreal Paris Total Repair Conditioner – $6.99: As with the shampoo mentioned above, this conditioner is a holy grail hair care product for me. It hydrates, repairs and leaves my hair smelling nothing less than divine! If you’re looking for something effective yet affordable, check out the L’Oreal Paris line, they offer a plethora of options and I would 100% recommend them!
* 3. Macadamia Weightless Moisture Masque – $36: I was hesitant about buying this hair mask because it was so expensive and I have a lot of hair that needs help. With that being said, I’m so glad I bit the bullet and purchased this last year because it makes a world of difference. It leaves my hair moisturized without feeling greasy and has cut down on the amount of breakage I have! If you’re in the market for a good hair mask, check this one out! If you’re looking for a more budget friendly option, THIS is my go-to!
* 4. EVA NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo – $11.99: You guys know I’m a big fan of dry shampoo, there’s not a week that goes by where I don’t use it at least 3-4 times (I know that’s probably terrible but just let me live)…please don’t judge me. I started using this last year after running out of my Batiste, and while I still love (and use) Batiste, I think I like this one better. It helps refresh my hair, adds grit and texture but leaves the excess buildup behind! If you’re looking to branch out of your dry shampoo comfort zone, check this one out!
* 5. Hot Tools Tourmaline SuperLite Hair Dryer – $59.99: This is the best hair dryer I’ve ever owned. It’s lightweight while still packing a punch and has cut my drying time down by about 35% (hallelujah). It helps control my frizz, increases shine and leaves my hair feeling softer than ever before! For just under $60 bucks I don’t think you can go wrong!
* 6. Hot Tools 24k Gold Curling Wand (extended barrel) – $59.99: Last year I decided that I wanted to learn how to use a legitimate curling iron, you know clip and all. I can tell you that I haven’t mastered it QUITE yet, however I am getting better. Despite not having a firm grip on the curling aspect, I use this every morning to straighten my hair and find it quick, easy and painless. NOTE: I have the 1 1/4 inch barrel size.
* 7. EVA NYC Get Glossed Hair Serum – $14.99: I love using this serum to help control my frizz and give my hair a little extra boost of hydration (especially on the ends) when it’s beginning to look a little stringy and lifeless. I use 1-2 pumps and run it through my hair after getting out of the shower and notice a huge difference whether I blow dry it or let it air dry! It works better than any other hair serum I’ve tried, so for just under $15 dollars, I’ll keep repurchasing it!
* 8. EVA NYC Mane Magic 10-in1 Primer – $11.99: This. Stuff. Is. Awesome! I mainly use it as a heat protectant but love that it helps control frizz and cuts down on drying time…y’all don’t understand, I have a lot of hair, I need all the help I can get! If you’re looking for an all-in-one product, give this one a try!
* 9. KL Polish – Mindy & Central Park – $8.50/each: Favorite nail polish brand of 2017 hands down. The color selection, brush applicator and lasting power are just a few of the reasons why I haven’t purchased any other brand since using this line. If you haven’t checked them out, give them a try.
* 10. Kenra Platinum Finishing Spray 26 – $22: I’m someone who needs a firm hold finishing spray because my hair and this southern humidity don’t mix. This provides a firm but flexible hold, increases shine and is humidity resistant. $22 dollars might be a bit steep for a finishing spray, but it works so well that I can’t turn back now!
* 11. Essie Gel Couture Top Coat – $11.50: I started using this midway through last year because I was no longer happy with Seche Vite. I love this top coat because it magnifies shine, creates a glossy finish and prevents chipping! If you’re in the market for a top coat, check this one out!
* 12. Lucky Brand Manicure Set – $28: After months of not having a pair of fingernail clippers/nail file when I needed one, I decided to buy a manicure set to keep in my purse and I’m so glad that I did. I can’t tell you how many times I have used this bad boy in the past 6 months. If you don’t have one of these, you should totally pick one up. It might seem silly but it really does come in handy!
So that wraps up my beauty favorites of 2017! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you’re having a great week! What were some of your beauty/skincare/hair care favorites from last year? Leave me a comment down below and let me know what products you were loving!