Happy Saturday friends and welcome back! I don’t know what the weather is like in your part of the world but it has been a mess down here in the South. We had ANOTHER snow day Wednesday and we were on a 2-hr delay Thursday because of the leftover ice on the roads; ugh, the struggle. I apologize for the lack of content this week but I’ve been all over the place. With that being said, It’s currently 60+ degrees outside and I’m back with something a little different today! I received a subscription to Birchbox for Christmas (thanks cousin) so that I could try out some new products and review them for you guys here on the blog (seriously, she’s the best). I certainly wouldn’t want her hard work (and cash monies) to go to waste, so let’s jump right in!
**NOTE: The price listed next to the item is for the FULL-SIZE product**
1. Wilma Schumann Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads – $18: I absolutely LOVED these! They are hydrating, cooling and stay put (which is a MUST for me). I left them on for 20-25 minutes and while there was a tingling sensation in the beginning, I didn’t experience any other adverse reactions. I have already purchased the full size and can’t wait to use them during my next at-home spa night.
2. STILA Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick – $22: The Stila Liquid Lipsticks are great; they are long lasting, comfortable and not the least bit sticky (IMO). With that being said, I can only use these when pairing them with a lip primer/lip balm as my skin (and lips) tends to be a bit on the drier side. I was sent the color Perla and while I like it, I think it works better when paired with another (darker) shade! NOTE: These take a little extra effort to get off; but don’t fret, a little coconut oil and you’ll be good to go!
3. Scunci No Metal Hair Ties – $3.99: This was an extra that my cousin threw in…clearly she knows me well. I’m ALWAYS looking for/needing a hair tie. I always keep 2-3 of these on hand, you never know when you (or someone else) might need one!
4. 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment – $22: Softer hair, less breakage & non-existent flyways…that’s what this product has given me. My hair is a bit of a mess; maybe because I only wash it once a week (twice at most…shhhh, don’t tell cousin) or maybe because I haven’t gotten it cut in over a year and a half, either way I need all the help I can get.
5. Virtue The Perfect Ending Split End Serum – $40: WHOA! Guys this stuff is AMAZING. The ends of my hair are infinitely softer, and less damaged. If you’re looking for something to help combat dry, frizzy, damaged hair (specifically split ends) give this product a whirl; I have already purchased the full size and can’t wait for it to arrive in the mail!
6. MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara – $23: I had been on the fence about purchasing this product so when it came in my Birchbox I was pumped! However. despite my excitement, I was left feeling a little underwhelmed. I found this product to be clumpy and much more messy than a mascara should be. Bummer. :/
7. Vasanti Brighten Up! New Skin Amplifying Moisturizer – $34: This product surprised me, it was much more hydrating than I thought it would be after testing it out on the back of my hand. It sinks in quickly and leaves your skin feeling hydrated without being sticky. BONUS: It smells really nice.
8. Julep It’s Whipped Matte Lip Mousse – $20: I have talked about these lippies countless times before; they are, in my opinion the most wearable matte lipstick formula. They are non-drying, comfortable and incredibly easy to apply! The color shown above is Smooch, a beautiful brick red shade that looks great on a variety of skin tones. I also love (and own) the shades Pillow Talk, Bisou & XOXO. NOTE: These feature a true mousse formula and are much easier to take off than Stila Liquid Lips discussed above!
Well there you have it folks, my thoughts on my first Birchbox! I wanna know, do you have a favorite subscription service/box? If so, let me know down below, you know I’m always down to try new things!