Good afternoon friends and welcome back! Over the last few weeks I have received numerous questions about my skincare routine and thought now would be a great time to share with you what I’ve been using (and loving) to ensure healthy, hydrated skin all winter long. A little backstory; I have dreadfully dry, sensitive skin (even in the summer) so I’m always looking for products that will leave me feeling hydrated without being too heavy or breaking me out (this is harder than it seems). After trying a variety of products (drugstore & high end), I have finally found a routine that is effective and easy to maintain. If you’re looking to switch things up or just want to know what I’ve been loving, you know what to do!
1. Clarisonic Mia 2 (A.M. & P.M.) – $169: I’ve talked about this before and I’ll talk about it again! I love this face brush; I think it does an incredible job cleansing the skin of any leftover residue (makeup, dead skin, etc.) and leaves you feeling squeaky clean in the process. I use this 3-4 times a week with the sensitive brush head and have never experienced any adverse side effects! NOTE: The color I have is Sea Breeze.
* Step 1 (A.M. & P.M.): First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser – $20: I have been using this face wash for the past 6-7 months and have been loving my results so far! It’s great for sensitive, irritated skin and leaves my face feeling clean without stripping it of its natural moisture.
* Step 2 (A.M. & P.M.): Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner – $15: I’ll be honest, toners were never a ride or die step in my skincare routine until recently. The majority of the ones I had tried left my skin feeling tight and overly dry, but then I stumbled upon this guy, and let me tell ya, it’s been a game changer (at least for me). It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and hydrated while helping balance everything out. If you’re looking for a gentle, hydrating toner, give this one a try.
* Step 3 (A.M. & P.M.): Clinique All About Eyes – $54: After using the Origins GinZing Eye Cream for months, I decided to switch things up and start incorporating Clinique’s All About Eyes into my routine. Since making the switch I have noticed a much more hydrated under eye area and have seen a difference in my fine lines and puffiness. I still love the Origins eye cream and if you don’t have an intense need for hydration, would 100% recommend it. But as far as my routine goes, I think I’ll stick to the All About Eyes…at least for now.
* Step 4 (A.M.): First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – $30: This is my go-to day-time moisturizer; it’s gentle, hydrating and does a great job prepping my skin for makeup application. If you’re skin is more on the combo/oily side this may be a little too heavy for you, but for you drier ladies, this is a lifesaver.
* Step 4 (P.M.): First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum – $36: I decided a couple of months ago that I wanted to start incorporating a serum into my skincare routine and I’m so glad that I settled on this one! It’s lightweight, hydrating without feeling sticky and sinks into the skin quickly. Since adding this serum to my routine, my skin is less red and more even in texture! If you’re looking for something simple, gentle and hydrating I would 100% recommend it!
* Step 5 (P.M.): Clinique Turn Around Overnight Revitalizing Moisturizer – $41: I struggle with dull skin, especially during the winter months and while the serum shown above has done a great job evening out my skintone, I was still in need of a little extra hydration. I use this 15 minutes after applying the FAB serum and have seen incredible results. My skin is more radiant and supple than ever before and my dry spots have been much less severe! If you’re in the market for a hydrating night cream, give this one a try!
* Step 6 (A.M. & P.M.): Tarte Pout Prep Lip Exfoliant – $16: I use this 3-4 times a week, especially in the winter and can’t imagine my routine with it. If you’re looking for a gentle lip scrub, give this one a try. It’s minty fresh and exfoliates your skin without ripping your lips to shreds! 🙂
* Step 7 (A.M. & P.M): Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask – $20: This is the last thing that I do before I go to bed and the first thing I do before applying my makeup. I know this claims to be a lip SLEEPING mask but I find that it works wonders any time of day! It’s lightweight, hydrating and wears nicely under matte liquid lipsticks. If you’re struggling with dry lips (we’ve all been there), give this a try, you won’t be sorry.
**I don’t use a face mask everyday or even every week for that matter, however when I do, these are the ones that I reach for!**
* Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque – $47: This is my go-to mask when my skin is struggling. I put a light layer all over my face and leave it on for 5-7 minutes before gently rinsing it off. It can dry out your skin if you’re not careful so I would suggest only doing this a 1-3 times a week (or as needed) and following up with your favorite moisturizer! PRO TIP: I lay a hot towel on my face for 3 minutes before applying this mask to help open up my pores. It really helps draw out all of the impurities in my skin and prep it for the good stuff!
* Fresh Rose Face Mask – $62: This is my go-to mask when my skin needs a little R&R. It’s hydrating, soothing and every bit worth the $62 dollar price tag. I don’t LOVE the scent (I don’t love rose scented things) but it’s certainly not a deal breaker (at least for me). It’s an awesome mask when your skin is craving hydration and is perfect for a spa night at home! If you haven’t tried it, I would totally recommend it! NOTE: If you don’t want to pay for the big size, they have a 1oz container for $25 dollars!
So that’s my updated winter skincare routine. I find it simple, effective and easy to maintain. What are some of your must-have skincare products? Anything you can’t live without? Let me down below!