Happy Friday, friends and welcome back! Are you ready for the weekend? I know I am (tourney madness on deck). Today I thought I would hop on here and share a quick Friday Favorites & Hate-Its post with you all! I have some beauty products that really wowed me and some that were TOTAL duds, so without further ado, let’s get into this!
**Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links**
* 1. Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Masque – $47: If you’ve been around my blog awhile, then you know how much I love this mask. It’s perfect when your skin needs a little extra TLC and really helps clear your pores and fight those pesky hormonal breakouts.
* 2. YSL Mon Paris Parfum – $124: One of my holy grail scents. It’s perfect for spring (or really any time of year) and lasts a long time on my skin!
* 3. Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer – $34: I picked this up a few weeks ago at ULTA thanks to my mom’s recommendation and I’m so glad that I did (thanks mama). This is hands down the best primer I’ve ever used; It blurs imperfections, smooth’s the skin and creates a beautiful canvas for makeup application.
* 4. L’Oreal Lumi Glotion – $14.99: I was FINALLY able to get my hands on this and I have been loving it so far. I have the shade ‘light’ and use a small amount under my foundation and absolutely love the finish it gives my skin. It’s luminous without being greasy or heavy and doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin – aka – it’s perfect! NOTE: L’Oreal is BOGO 50% off at ULTA.
* 5. It Cosmetics CC+ Cream – $38: This is definitely a holy grail makeup product for me! I have it in the shade light and wear it almost everyday!
* 6. Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray – $32: If you’ve been around awhile then you know how much I love the UD All-Nighter Setting Spray; however, since ULTA was sold out of the OG, I decided to give this bad boy a try! I know this is marketed towards folks with oily skin, but I have dry skin and have really been enjoying it. When paired with the Optical Illusion Primer (shown above), my makeup looks flawless and lasts ALL. DAY. LONG.
* 7. L’Oreal Infallible Foundation Sponge – $7.99: I absolutely love this sponge; it’s better than the RTs one (IMO) and is close enough to a Beauty Blender that I no longer feel it necessary to drop $20 bucks on a blending sponge (praise hands). NOTE: L’Oreal is BOGO 50% off at ULTA.
* 8. Milani Baked Blush – $7.99: A luminous blush that never looks chunky or glittery and is perfect for everyday…what could be better?! NOTE: I use the shades Dolce Pink (shown above) and Luminoso.
* 9. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara – $23: My holy grail mascara; what more can I say?!
* 1. The Resident: Y’all knew this was coming! This is the ONLY show I’ve been watching in real time lately, and I’m obsessed! I hear that it’s PROBABLY going to get picked up for another season (eeeekkkkkk) so I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to see the fine folks from Chastain Memorial for years to come! Also, it’s filmed in Atlanta so it’s been fun seeing my city in prime time! <3 #FILA
* 2. 2018 NCAA Men’s Tournament: Phew, girl, it’s been a WILLLLLDDDD month of March for everyone following along and playing at home. Upset after upset has filled my TV screen and I gotta say, I don’t hate it. I filled out 4 brackets this year and only ONE of them is truly dead (thanks, Virginia)…so we’ll see how these next few days turn out but as of right now, I’m still in it!
* 1. Pur X Boxycharm Eyeshadow Palette – $36: I was so excited to receive this in my most recent Boxycharm box, but sadly it was underwhelming and disappointing. The matte shades, specifically “nakey” & “belle” were incredibly chalky and had a lot of kick up when I dipped my brush into the pan & the metallic/foiled shadows (“charmer” & “alliance”) were a fall-out nightmare. “ATL,” “MIA” & “BAE” were nice, but for $36 dollar,s I think there are better palettes out there!
* 2. Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black – $84: I would have bet you $100 dollars that I was going to love this scent; unfortunately for me, I would have been wrong and you would have been $100 dollars richer. This was way too strong and heavy for my liking; however if you like a warm, spicy, woodsy scent, you might really like this!
* 3. Elf Soothing Face Serum – $12: I had heard such great things about this product that I decided to order it from ULTA a few weeks ago; unfortunately my sensitive skin wasn’t a fan. I’ve tried a few skincare items from Elf and so far I haven’t had any luck. Oh well, I guess I’ll keep trying; hopefully one day I’ll find my holy grail Elf product!
* 4. Natasha Denona Lip Color Shiny – $24: Guys, these lipsticks are NOT for me. I thought the shiny formula would be hydrating and comfortable on the lips but boy was I wrong. The smell is plasticy and cheap, and while they go on creamy, they only last about 2 hours on the lips before completely drying them out. These are a firm NO for me, you can find WAAAAAYYYY better lipsticks for a fraction of the price.
* 5. Lorac PRO Palette 3 – $44: Guys I’m so sad; If you read my guide to ULTA’s 21 Days of Beauty, then you know how excited I was to try this palette. I had been eyeing it for months and thought at $22 dollars, it would be a steal. Unfortunately I found that the palette had a TON of kick up when dipping my brush in the pans and though the shadows were buttery, the fallout was tremendous. I kind of feel like I’m the ONLY person on the planet that feels this way so maybe I just got a dud, but either way, I am incredibly disappointed and will be returning this over the weekend. Have you guys tried the Lorac PRO Palette 3? What were your thoughts?
* 6. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – $7.99: I know this a holy grail foundation for so many people, however for me, it’s a complete miss. A lot of people say it has a medium to full coverage finish, but for me it feels much more sheer. It sits on top of my skin and never fully sinks in/sets. It only lasts a couple of hours before breaking up and getting patchy, so while it’s only $7.99, I’m gonna have to pass. 🙁
* 7. Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation – $14.99: I don’t actually HATE this foundation, in fact I think it looks beautiful on the skin; however, despite the radiant finish it gives my skin, it breaks me out like crazy. I know, I know, I was really sad too. 🙁 I will say, if you have normal, non-sensitive skin and are looking for a radiant (non-greasy) foundation, you should give this one a try! NOTE: Maybelline is BOGO 50% off at ULTA.
* 8. Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Foundation – $34: I hate that I didn’t love this foundation but it just didn’t sit well on my skin. It just sat on top of my face without ever really sinking in and broke up after 3-4 hours of wear. I know a lot of people LOVE this foundation, but unfortunately for me, it just didn’t work.
So that wraps up my Friday Favorites & Hate-Its, I hope you enjoyed this post and that you all have a wonderful weekend! What products were you loving this week?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat!