Good afternoon, friends and welcome back! How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? Sadly my household has been hit with the sickness (again); my poor mama has walking pneumonia, so any and all positive vibes are much appreciated. As promised, I’m back with the 3rd installment in my ‘best of 2018’ series, and today we’re talking all about lifestyle and fashion favorites! Many of these products (especially my fashion picks) won’t be new to you, but they are my tried and true so I thought they were worth sharing again! Also, if you’re wondering why the majority of my fashion favorites are in the “winter wear” category, it’s because I work in an office that is cold 99% of the time; sweaters and cardigans have become a year-round necessity for me. Anyone else? Okay, I should stop rambling; if you’re interested in my lifestyle and fashion favorites from 2018, let’s jump right in!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links
1. Keurig K200: I got this last year for Christmas from David’s parents and I’m still obsessed! It fits nicely on my counter; not too big, not too small and comes in a variety of colors.
2. Adidas Squad III Duffel Bag: I absolutely love this duffel bag; it features several storage pockets, a ventilated space for shoes & wet clothing and fits all of my gym essentials comfortably.
3. Casetify iPhone Cases: These are the only phone cases that I used in 2018. They have multiple styles and designs to choose from, hold up incredibly well and are worth the price tag! BONUS: Buy 2 get 20% off, buy 3, get 25% off with code: NEWSTUFF (ends tonight 1/15).
4. Skinnytaste Cookbook: I’ve had this cookbook for a couple of years now and have really enjoyed using it. The recipes have detailed instructions that are easy to follow and always come out delicious! If you’re new to the cooking scene, give this a try, it has worked really well for me!
5. VolColor Dual Brush Pens: I love these pens because they never bleed through paper and are great for planners and journals, as well as adult coloring books; I don’t know about you, but that’s a win-win for me!
6. Extra Thick Yoga Mat: A couple of years ago, after realizing that my old lady knees needed a little extra support during my yoga classes, I asked for an extra thick mat for Christmas. Y’all, what a game changer; my knees are eternally grateful.
7. 5-Layer Nail Polish Holder: Okay, I haven’t had this very long but it’s already made a difference so I had to include it. If you’re someone who has a lot of nail polishes and doesn’t know what to do with them, I would HIGHLY recommend you getting one of these.
8. Satin Hair Scarf: Remember when these were a thing last summer? Well I’m not ready to let the trend die; I definitely plan on bringing them back. I mean how could you not love these, they’re too cute!
9. Erin Condren Life Planner: My cousin got me a life planner for Christmas 2 years ago (shoutout to Jordan) and I used it until the wheels fell off. They come in a variety of styles and designs, and though they are a bit pricey, I’ve had 2, and think they’re 100% worth the $$. NOTE: If you’re looking for a more budget friendly option, you can find 2 of my favorites HERE & HERE!
10. Yeti Travel Mug: If you’re looking for something to keep your coffee (or tea) hot, this bad boy will do the trick.
11. Yeti Can Cooler: I got this last year for my birthday (thanks cousin) and absolutely L-O-V-E it. It keeps your canned drinks much cooler than a traditional koozie and the teal color matches everything else in my life perfectly. If you’re looking for a fun and practical gift for someone, this would be a great option!
12. Mahogany Teakwood 3-Wick Candle: You guys know how much I love B&BW so this should come as no surprise. While I tend to switch things up and use a wide variety of scents throughout the year, Mahogany Teakwood is a go-to scent that I keep stocked all year long.
13. Girl Wash Your Face: Do you work on personal development? If not, you totally should! If you’re anything like me and have no idea where to start, pick this up and give it a read, it will change your perspective quick, fast and in a hurry.
1. Old Navy Long-Line Cardigan: Like I mentioned above, I wear a lot of sweaters and cardigans throughout the year and this has to be one of my all-time favorites. These work great for the office, fit TTS (M) and come in a variety of colors. NOTE: I have the colors Icelandic Mineral & Camel (not available anymore).
2. Reversible Belt: About halfway through the year I realized that I didn’t have any belts in my closet so I went straight to express and snagged these bad boys. I love the fact that they are reversible; they match a ton of outfits and weren’t too expensive. If you’re looking for some basic belt options, check out Express, they have loads to choose from!
3. Alex & Ani Gold Coin Wrap Bracelet: This has made more than one appearance on my blog so I’ll keep it short and sweet! I love simple pieces like this; they help add a little something extra to a basic, everyday outfit and come in a variety of finishes!
4. Mid-Rise Pixie Pants: These are the only pants I wear to work. They’re affordable, come in a variety of colors/styles and hold up nicely in the wash. NOTE: If you have a curvier frame/bigger calves, I would suggest sizing up (I did). However, if you snag THESE pixies, they fit TTS!
5. Dooney & Bourke Barlow Tote: If you’ve been around a while, then you’ve seen this tote before; It’s super spacious, very well made and is worth every penny (IMO). It’s definitely one of my favorite handbags in my collection!
6. Yogalicious Tights: These are my go-to leggings for lounging around the house. They’re high-waisted, cozy and super affordable. If you’re in the market for leggings and don’t want to spend $50+ dollars, Yogalicious and 90 Degree by Reflex are my favorites!
7. Zella Live-In Leggings: I know not everyone is willing to pay $50+ for a pair of leggings, but if you’re willing to dish out the $$, these are 1000% worth it. They’re high-waisted, suck everything in and aren’t see through (hallelujah)! They have a multitude of style options, so if you’re interested, check them out! PRO TIP: If you’re looking to score Zella leggings at a discount, check Nordstrom Rack, they typically have some really good options!
8. Reversible Downtown Cami: I have these in 5 different colors and find them easy to pair with cardigans/blazers for work. Also, how beautiful is that blue shade?! Swoon.
9. Caravelle Rose Gold Watch: This is hands down the best watch I own. It’s beautiful, dainty and goes with everything.
10. Oversized V-Neck Sweater: These are some of the best sweaters I own. They’re cozy, drapey without being sloppy and can easily be dressed up or down! NOTE: Size down; I’m in a small.
11. Converse Shoreline Sneakers: I love these sneakers; they’re easy to throw on, never slip off the back of my heel and fit TTS!
12. Chenille V-Neck Sweater: If you’re looking for cozy, this is the sweater for you. This is a little shorter than what I would typically go for but I really love the way it looks with high-waisted jeans and knee high boots. It’s drapey without being too oversized and fits TTS (M).
13. Alex & Ani Auburn Bracelet: If you know me, then you know I love college football and the Auburn Tigers. I don’t wear this bracelet all the time, but it’s definitely heavy in the rotation come September! WAR DAMN!
14. Velma Mules: These were my most worn pair of shoes in 2018; they fit TTS, are super comfortable and go with everything. Unfortunately they’re sold out right now but I found a similar pair HERE!
15. Hobo ‘Lauren’ Wallet: This is the only wallet I’ve carried in the last 6 years; it holds everything and then some and lasts forever. I know they’re a little pricey but they are 100% worth the money.
16. Gold Opal Ring: Swoon, I absolutely love this ring; it’s dainty and the perfect addition to any outfit. If you’re looking for delicate, feminine pieces; check out ETSY, they always have a wide variety of options to choose from!
17. Adidas Swift Run Sneakers: The. Best. Sneakers. Ever. These are great for running errands or working out, fit TTS (7.5) and come in so many color options that you’re bound to find something you love. I have 3 different color/patterns and love them all! <3
So that wraps up my favorite lifestyle and fashion products of 2018. I hope you guys are having a great week and enjoyed this post. What was your favorite fashion item from last year? Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat! Also, I’ll be back Thursday with the last installment in my ‘Best of 2018’ series, so stay tuned for that!