Happy Wednesday, friends; we’re halfway through the week, thank goodness! In case you missed it, I uploaded a post yesterday talking all about my experience with the Rocksbox jewelry subscription service; so if you’re interested, you can check that out HERE (bonus: there’s a discount code at the end :))! Now, moving on to today’s order of business —> If you follow any fashion bloggers on Instagram, I’m sure you’ve seen the posts about the infamous ‘buy more, save more Shopbop sale’; and while I love seeing what people are ordering and loving from the sale, the price point is just a little too steep for me. I understand the appeal of ‘buy more, save more,’, but honestly, when the first tier is $200 dollars, I get a little turned off. So, with that being said, I thought I would hop on here and share my favorites from the 40% off Express sale! If you’re interested in what I’m loving and think is worth picking up, just keep on reading!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
1. Sash Tie Ankle Pants: I love this twist on traditional workwear pants; the sash adds a fun flare that is perfect for the office or happy hour with the girls. They come in a variety of colors and fit TTS.
2. Palm Print Tie Front Blouse: Another piece that’s perfect for the office! I love the way palm print looks on a deep navy background; it’s springy but not too pastel – aka, perfect for this time of year. I personally wear it untied and find that it runs TTS (as far as blouses go – I typically size up to allow more room in the chest area).
3. Silky Twill Button Front Shirt: The material of this shirt is divine; it’s soft, silky and perfect for the spring transition. It comes in a couple of colors and fits TTS.
4. Tie Front Jumpsuit: This is the perfect piece for your summer vacation! I think this would be a great option for dinner on the beach or a fun girls night out! I find the tie front detail to be extremely flattering and feel that it runs TTS!
5. Tassel Pom Earrings: How fun are these earrings? They’re perfect for summer and much more affordable (on sale) than similar styles from Bauble Bar (and a slew of other retailers)!
6. Rolled Sleeve Boyfriend Blazer: I absolutely LOVE Express blazers! They’re typically a little more pricey than what I’m willing to spend; however, with it being on sale for just under $65 dollars, I think this is a great staple piece to add to your closet. I love the option of wearing a blazer instead of cardigan and love the way that it dresses up any pair of denim! This style comes in 3 different colors and fits TTS.
7. U.S.A Tank: Yaaassssssss! This is giving me 4th of July realness, and though it is slightly oversized already, I went up a size so that it would be extra roomy. I will say, it’s semi-sheer; nothing too crazy, but something to keep in mind.
8. Sash Tie Linen Shorts: I love the idea of linen shorts for the spring and summer. They can be dressed up or down and are much more breathable than their denim counterparts! They feature an elastic waistband so if you’re in-between sizes, size down!
9. Balloon Sleeve Sweater: This is the perfect sweater for casual Friday at the office. It’s a mid-weight fabric that has great length and features a fun balloon sleeve detail! It comes in 3 colors and fits TTS!
10. Pleated Midi Skirt: I don’t know why, but I’m obsessed with this skirt. It’s sophisticated and chic while giving me a fun vintage vibe! This features an elastic waistband (aka super comfortable), comes in black and fits TTS. Also, I really love the way it looks paired with the sweater mentioned above!
11. High-Waisted Side Stripe Ankle Jeggings: I love the side stripe jean trend and Express has loads of options to choose from! I think it’s a fun pop of color on an otherwise ordinary pair of denim! They’re comfortable, hit right at the ankle and come in both tall and petite varieties. If you have a more athletic/curvy body type (me!) I suggest sizing up, otherwise stick to your true size!
12. Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans: This is one of my favorite pairs of denim. The wash is just right, they fit like a glove (TTS) and they look wonderful on my more athletic frame. Though these have some stretch, I wouldn’t call them a true jegging; if that’s what you’re looking for, I would recommend THESE (I sized down, though my true size would also work)! Also, I know some reviews complain of having a baggier ankle area but that has not been my experience, they fit me just right!
13. Evil Eye Bracelet: I’ve seen a slew of these bracelets (HERE, HERE & HERE) floating around different retailers lately. If you like the trend but don’t want to spend $30+ dollars, go ahead and snag this one! If you end up hating it, it’s only $12 bucks.
14. Thick Essex Heels: The quintessential strappy heel for summertime (well, any time really). I love that this style features a thicker heel, which in turn provides more stability and comfort when wearing them all day. As for sizing, I recommend going up 1/2 size to a full size.
So that wraps up everything from my Express Sale picks! I hope that you enjoyed this post and are having a wonderful Wednesday. Do you shop at Express? Do you have anything listed above/interested in anything listed above? Leave a comment down below and let’s chat!