Happy Thursday, friends and welcome back! As you can tell by the title, today we’re gonna be chatting all about my May favorites! I can’t believe we’re already 6 months into the year…where has the time gone?! I have quite a few beauty/fashion favorites; some you’ve seen, others you haven’t. I will list and link everything like always, so without further ado, grab a snack (it’s a long one) and let’s jump right in!
**Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links**
1. Becca First Light Priming Filter – $39: If you struggle with dry, dull skin, this is the best primer around (IMO).
2. Jaclyn Hill Palette – $38: If I had to pick ONE palette to use for the remainder of my days, this would be it. The color story is incredible. The quality and blendability is amazing. The value is unmatched…and honestly, if you’re looking for a palette that can help you create a plethora of looks, this is the one!
3. IGK Dry Hair & Body Oil – $27: I bought this off of a blogger recommendation and have been loving it ever since! If you’re someone who goes a week or so between (hair) washes, this would be a great product to add to your routine. It smells amazing and gives the ends of your hair a much needed refresh!
4. IGK First Class Dry Shampoo – $27: I’ve talked about this dry shampoo before and I’m still loving it. It smells good (not overpowering), adds a little bit of grit and doesn’t leave behind a crazy white cast (though that’s not a deal breaker for me). If you’re in the market for something new, maybe pick up the travel size and give it a go!
5. Bare Minerals barePRO Powder (Sateen) – $31: Despite having dry skin, sometimes I don’t feel like dealing with a liquid foundation, especially when I’m running late (oops). I started using the Bare Minerals pressed powder foundation and have been loving it! It doesn’t accentuate my dry patches, holds up really well during the day and gives a beautiful finish to the skin!
6. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – $15.99: The holy grail of bronzers! It has the perfect undertone and wears beautifully throughout the day; if you haven’t tried this yet, I 1000% recommend it.
7. OPI Infinite Shine Nail Lacquer (Big Red Apple) – $13: You guys know that I typically use KL Polish; however, that brand is no longer a thing/associated with Kathleen (though she’s coming out with something new so hold tight) so instead of using/showing polishes that you can’t get your hands on, I’ve been trying to use some different products. Phew, now that that’s out of the way…over the holiday, I decided to throw on a fun OPI red shade and I have to say, it stayed on my nails for over a week and was super easy to work with! If you’re looking for something a little different, you can find my other OPI favorites HERE, HERE & HERE!
8. Benefit Roller Lash – $25: My favorite mascara hands down. I’ve tried using different brands and formulas but always come back to this.
9. Laneige Lip Balm (Berry) – $15: I picked this up during the Sephora VIB sale and haven’t put it down since. It’s the perfect balm to throw in your purse and go! It’s hydrating, glossy (without being sticky) and has a nice scent/tint to it! If you’ve been on the fence, I literally would recommend anything from Laneige!
10. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick (Bawse) – $24: In addition to the red nail polish I threw on for the holiday, I decided to be fancy and wear a red lip! I personally used the Julep It’s Whipped lippie in ‘Smooches;’ however, since that brand is no longer being sold at ULTA, I scoured my collection for my second favorite red lipstick so that I could link it here! Smashbox has a great formula; it’s long-wearing, comfortable on the lips and comes in a plethora of colors!
11. Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick (Nude Nuance) – $7.49: Sometimes I just want a standard, bullet-style lipstick and y’all, Maybelline never disappoints. I have a few colors in this line and love them all. They’re super opaque, easy to wear (and reapply) and comfy on the lips!
12. Fenty Gloss Bomb (FU$$Y) – $18: The BEST gloss! Seriously, I have 2 of the 3 shades in the line and can’t wait to snag the last one!
13. ABH Brow Wiz (Medium Brown) – $21: I used to use the Benefit Goof Proof Pencil, and though I still love that one, the ABH Brow Wiz is a better fit for me shade wise! I now understand why everyone stans ABH and their brow products; they’re worth the hype!
14. Tarte Chrome Paint (Frosé) – $22: I’ve talked about these before, but if you’re looking for a super sparkly shade to throw on the lid, THESE. ARE. IT. I have 3 shades and think they are 1000% worth the $$.
15. Tree Hut Sugar Scrub (Sunkissed Sands) – $7.99: If you’ve never tried this brand before, I highly recommend them. Their sugar scrubs are exfoliating without being too rough and smell like a dream; I especially love this one for the summer time!
16. Tend Skin Solution – $21: If you have sensitive skin and struggle with razor burn/ingrown hairs, try this! I started noticing that whenever I shaved, I ALWAYS got unsightly razor burn. Couple becoming increasingly desperate with a late night Amazon browsing session, and this is what arrived at my doorstep. I gotta say, it’s a game changer. This legitimately may be the best $21 dollars I have ever spent. I used this the last 2 times I shaved and am happy to report, NO RAZOR BURN (hallelujah). Basically to make a long-story long, if you struggle with razor burn, give this stuff a try!
17. St. Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse – $44: This is my favorite self-tanner hands down! I leave it on between 3-4 hours, rinse it off and let it continue developing over the next 12 hours! It’s a dream! Pro Tip: IMO, you are the darkest you’re going to be on day 2; so if you have a special event on a Saturday night, I would tan no later than Friday morning!
18. Coola Sunless Tanning Face Serum – $54: Another holy grail product of mine! I use this to bridge the gap between my body and face when I self tan and find that it gives me just enough color without going overboard. While you can apply it straight to the face (daily), I choose to mix a couple of drops in with my moisturizer every 2-3 days for a more subtle glow!
19. Loving Tan Bronze Shimmer Luminous Cream (Medium) – $32.95: After trying (and hating) the Vita Liberata Body Blur, I decided to give this bad boy a go. This is definitely more of a luminous topper rather than a body “makeup;” however, when applied over the top of a self-tan, it’s absolutely stunning. I allow 5-6 minutes for it to completely dry before dressing and haven’t had any issues with it transferring onto my clothes! I think this would be great for vacation, date night or even a fun girls trip!
1. Straight Leg Distressed Jeans – $49.99: I don’t know if I’ve mentioned these on the blog before, but if I haven’t, I love them! I picked up 2 pairs of straight leg denim from Old Navy a couple of months ago and they are my favorite jeans at the moment! They’re comfy, high-waisted and hit me right at the ankle. If you’re looking for a straight leg jean that isn’t too wide throughout the leg, give these a try! NOTE: They come in reg, tall and petite and run TTS (8).
2. Drapey V-Neck Tee – $15: I love basic tees like this. You can dress them up for the office by adding a blazer or a cardigan, or keep things casual by pairing them with denim cutoffs and a cute pair of sandals! NOTE: Come in multiple colors and fits TTS.
3. Adrielle Layered Necklace – $42: I’ve definitely been more into jewelry recently (thanks to my Rocksbox subscription) and these layered necklaces from Baublebar never disappoint. They go with a variety of outfits and always help add a little extra oomph to my looks!
4. Lace Trim Cami – $39.90: I love these Downtown cami’s from Express. They’re great for the office or even a nice date night out! They come in loads of colors and fit TTS!
5. Cross Band Slippers – $23.99: I bought these off a blogger recommendation (Laura Beverlin) and have been wearing them non-stop (I’m even wearing them now)! I’m a slipper all year long kind of gal, and I think these are the perfect pair for the summer! I love that you can see your pedicure peeking out, and even more than that, I love that they have a hard sole and can be worn outside! They come in 5 colors and fit TTS (I wear a 7.5 and got the 7-8).
6. BlackMyth Graphic Tee – $10.99: I had seen this floating around Amazon (and Instagram) and thought it was super cute, so I decided since it was only $11 bucks, why not pick it up!? It’s definitely higher quality than I was expecting and looks great paired with my straight leg jeans. However, I will say, if you’re wanting it to have a drapey fit, definitely size up!
7. First Layer Fitted Tank – $5: Now I know a lot of brands have these basic first-layer style tanks, but these bad boys from Old Navy are my absolute favorite! They have great length, wash up nicely and never lose their shape! I also love the fact that they’re able to be dressed up or down and are perfect for layering as we transition into the cooler months later in the year! They come in a variety of colors and fit TTS!
8. Make Things Easy Sandals – $24: You guys…how cute are these sandals?! They’re a total Steve Madden dupe and are worth every bit of $24 dollars. I took these on my recent trip to Memphis and wore them every day! They’re comfy, come in a variety of colors and fit TTS! Sidenote: I REALLY wanna snag those leopard ones for my birthday (It’s Monday, June 3rd FYI)!
9. Nippies Skin Covers – $25: Okay ladies, if you’ve been on the hunt for stickies to wear under backless dresses, shirts and tanks, these are the best I’ve found. They come in 3 different shades and 2 different sizes, are seamless and undetectable (in my experience). Honestly, I can’t live without them. NOTE: I’m in the caramel shade.
10. High-Waisted Bandeau Bikini – $24.99: This is one of the best Amazon swimsuits I have found. It’s comfortable and incredibly flattering, has removable (& adjustable) straps & padding and fits TTS.
11. Leopard Reversible Belt – $29.90: I picked this belt up during one of Express’s 50% sales and have gotten a ton of use out of it. I know $30 bucks might seem a bit steep for a basic skinny leopard belt; however, since it’s reversible, I feel like you’re only paying $15 per belt, so it makes it worth it!
12. USA Sweatshirt – $32: I picked this up from the Pink Lily Boutique website and have been wearing it NON-STOP! If you’ve been around a while, then you know I live for a good red, white and blue moment and this sweatshirt was just the thing I needed! I linked the PLB website above, but since the sweatshirt is sold out, I thought I’d link the one from their Etsy page as well! NOTE: It’s pretty oversized so you could size down.
13. 50-Inch Tripod – $14.99: A few months back I invested in my first ever big girl Cannon camera, and decided it was time to get a tripod to help me take photos for the blog & Instagram when no one is around to help me! This lightweight tripod is under $15 dollars, comes with a bag and is pretty good quality for the price. I wouldn’t recommend taking it out and about when there are 30+ mile per hour winds; but for indoor & around the house kind of shooting, I think it’s perfect!
So that wraps up everything in my May Favorites! If you made it this far (I know it was a long one), you are my people! I hope you enjoyed this post and had a wonderful month! What were you loving in May?! Anything I just HAVE to try?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat!