Happy Wednesday, friends! I hope your week has gotten off to a positive, productive start! Over the past few weeks I have received numerous questions and DMs asking about my favorite, non-negotiable drugstore items! Me being me, I decided to take it a step further and keep all of the items under $10 dollars. However, there are some products that I use EVERY SINGLE DAY that come in over the $10 dollar limit, so I cheated just a smidge and included a few extra goodies at the end! I just really wanted you to get a full picture of all of the affordable products that I use on a regular basis! I also tried to make sure everything mentioned was available at Target, Walmart, CVS, etc.; I think there are only 1 or 2 items specific to ULTA, and for those products I will include a comparable option that you can get from a store listed above! Now that I’ve rambled for 43587245 minutes, let’s jump right in!
**Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links**
TOP 10 UNDER $10
1. Essence Make Me Brow (Browny Brows) – $2.99: In my search for a new brow gel, I stumbled upon this bad boy and love it! It comes in 3 shades (hopefully they’ll expand that soon), has a great undertone for my brows and leaves them filled in without being too over the top! It doesn’t run or flake on me and lasts all day; for $3 bucks, this is a steal!
2. Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer (C3 & C5) – $7.99 – $10: If you’ve been around a while then you know how much I love this concealer. It offers a solid medium coverage, comes in 24 shades and blends out like a dream. I know a lot of people compare this to the Tarte Shape Tape; and while I don’t think it’s quite as full coverage, I suppose their similar-ish. If you’re a normal to dry skin gal, I think this could be great for you; however, if you’re more on the oily side, I’d probably skip this one.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Setting Powder (Fair Light) – $7.99: Setting powders and dry skin can be a tricky combo; however, I think this Maybelline powder is a beauty. It comes in a variety of shades, sits on the skin nicely and never makes me look dry. I know powders can be a touchy/personal thing, but this one works really well for me!
4. Invisibobble Hair Ties – $9.00: If you have long hair, you need these! I’m a repeat offender for putting my hair in a messy bun; I literally wear it like that 85+% of the time. Between these and a set of scrunchies, my hair is healthier and experiencing much less breakage. Hallelujah!
5. Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick (Nude Nuance, Touch of Spice) – $7.49: These are some of the best bullet style lipsticks from the drugstore (IMO). They are easy to apply (no lip liner needed), have a creamy matte finish that never feels drying and fade beautifully throughout the day!
6. Milani Make It Last Setting Spray – $9.99: You guys know how much I love the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray; however, at the rate in which I actually use setting spray, sometimes $32 dollars just isn’t in the budget. I really like the Milani Setting Spray line; their make it last and make it dewy variations are both great, and I always try to keep them on hand. The only thing to note is that the Make it Last spray contains alcohol which can dry out your skin; so if you’ve got an extra 6 bucks to spend, I would wholeheartedly recommend snagging the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist, that stuff is LEGIT!
7. Essence Soft Contouring Lip Liner (Going Steady) – $2.49: Another Essence gem! These soft contouring lip liners are easy to use, smudge proof and last a while on my lips. Though they tend to wear off a bit after I eat, they’re so easy to reapply that I don’t even need a mirror! for only $2.50 a pencil, I think they’re 1000% worth a try!
8. L’Oreal Blending Sponge – $7.99: Favorite blending sponge ever. Period. There are a number of drugstore options that are good (Real Techniques, Morphe, Elf), but this one is my personal favorite.
9. Burt’s Bees Blush (Shy Pink & Bare Peach)- $9.99: I’m obsessed with these blushes from Burt’s Bees! I don’t know if they’re the most long-wearing formula I’ve ever used, but they stay on long enough for me! I have shades Shy Pink and Bare Peach; and while I absolutely love them, I wish they’d expand the line…I need more! I will say, they have a tiny bit of shimmer in the formula, so if you are a strictly matte blush kind of person, you may want to skip these.
10. Essence Pure Nude Highlighter – $4.49: The BEST everyday highlight. It has that glow from within kind of look; it’s not too glittery or over the top, and sits beautifully on the skin. Something to note; if you have REALLY fair skin, it may be a touch too dark for you. However, if you think it would compliment your skintone, it’s 1000% worth a try; I mean after all, it’s only $4.50.
1. Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer (Bronzer) – $15.99: No surprise here; I feel like this is on everyone’s “best of drugstore” list. I’ve been using this for a couple of years now and don’t see me straying any time soon. It offers a nice glowy (not greasy) finish and stays on the skin all day. Though I personally use the shade ‘bronzer’ when I’m fair and self-tanned, I’m glad they expanded the line to include a lighter shade and 4 deeper shades.
2. Smith’s Rosebud Salve – $7.00: I like to call this my miracle balm. I use it for lips, cuticles, elbows, knees, etc. I like it so much that I keep one in my purse, one in my bathroom and one on my vanity…I can’t risk running out – lol.
3. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel – $22.99: Okay, I know this a little pricier than your typical drugstore item, but I’ve had a lot of questions on the best “lightweight” moisturizer for summer time, and just had to include it. I find that it sits nicely under makeup, doesn’t break me out and feels cooling on the skin; I know it’s a little more expensive than most, but it’s a really nice product for every day! If you have super dry skin and need something a little more substantial, their Hydro Boost Water Cream might be a better option for you!
4. Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunscreen – $9.59: As someone who is allergic to most sunscreens, summer time outside can be a bit tricky. Fortunately, I finally found a drugstore option that is zinc based and works for my super sensitive skin. I know it might not work for everyone, but it’s been a lifesaver for me! Also, in case you’re wondering, it sits well under skincare/makeup and never leaves a greasy feeling or a whitecast.
5. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes – $12.99: The OG of makeup remover wipes. I’ve used a variety of brands but I always come back to my good ol’ Neutrogena’s!
6. Colourpop Dream Street Palette – $16.99: Okay, I know this is kind of cheating because you can’t get this palette anywhere but ULTA, but I had to include it! I absolutely adore Kathleen and support her in every way that I can. On top of that, I find Colourpop to be affordable and high quality so I despite not being able to get this at your local Target, IMO, it’s worth mentioning. However, if you don’t live near an ULTA or just prefer to shop in-store; I love THIS Profusion palette & just about any Wet N’ Wild/Elf Palettes!
7. L’Oreal Fresh Wear Foundation (Rose Vanilla) – $14.99: Yaaassssss! My favorite drugstore foundation, hands down. It’s lightweight, has medium coverage and gives a healthy glow/finish to the skin. Also, it never leaves me feeling oily, is sweat resistant (hello summer) and comes in 30 shades! If you haven’t given it a try, I 10/10 would recommend!
So that wraps up my Top 10 Under $10! I hope you found this post helpful; if you see anything that catches your eye and you end up giving it a try (hey that rhymes), let me know what you think! Are there any drugstore beauty items that you can’t live without?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat!