Well, well, well…long time, no talk. I won’t get in to how long I’ve been gone and why; however, since the last time we talked, the world has been turned upside down. Between COVID-19, a quarantine that’s making everyone stir crazy, a treacherous political landscape (though that’s nothing new – lol) and a work-from-home status (for me) that has no end in sight; things have certainly been different in 2020. For those of you that have been around a while, you may know that David and I got engaged last June and are planning to tie the knot in October of this year (COVID willing – fingers crossed). Before I left, I was so excited to share wedding content on the blog as I think it’s super helpful (for fellow engaged couples) and fun to read about how people choose to celebrate their love. While I would still love to share details about our big day with all of you, as you can imagine, a worldwide pandemic has created more stress (than there already was) and uncertainty than I ever thought possible. I’m hoping as I get back into the swing of things I will feel more hopeful and excited to share! But for now, I thought a good way to get the blog juices flowing again was to talk about something I love…MAKEUP (I’m sure you’re not shocked – lol). Despite being locked in the house and working from home since March; I’ve found joy in sitting at my vanity and playing with my makeup while watching YouTube videos. It might seem silly to some, but for me, it’s a major stress relief! I certainly haven’t been wearing makeup everyday (not even close), but when it’s time to put a face on, the products I’m sharing below are the things I’ve been reaching for!
Also, before I jump in I wanted to say that I hope you all are doing well and that you and your families are staying safe! If you work in a doctor’s office, hospital, senior living facility, grocery store, delivery service, restaurants, etc., and have been keeping all of us safe, semi-sane and afloat, THANK YOU! You may not hear it enough but we appreciate all you do! Now let me stop rambling and get to the goodies! As always, everything will be listed and linked below! <3 <3
**Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links**
1. L’Oreal Lumi Glotion (medium) – $14.99: I’ve been using L’Oreal’s Lumi Glotion for YEARS! I go back and forth between the light and medium shades and typically use it as a glowy primer. You can use it alone or mix it with a matte foundation to give yourself a little extra oomph! It comes in 4 shades (fair, light, medium and deep) and I think it’s the perfect product to enhance that summer glow without breaking the bank! I also really love the Lumi Bronzer from this line as well!
2. L’Oreal Fresh Wear Foundation (450 Rose Beige) – $14.99: I picked this up last year after hearing everyone rave about it and have repurchased it twice since then! I absolutely love this foundation and oftentimes reach for this over the higher end options in my collection. It comes in 40 shades (on the ULTA website), offers medium buildable coverage and gives a beautiful natural finish to the skin. It wears really well throughout the day and looks beautiful in photos (it’s what I wore for my engagement photos) <3.
3. Tarte H2O Gloss (Sandy Toes) – $19: I had been eyeing this gloss for a while after seeing Kelly Strack on YouTube rave about it for years but never pulled the trigger. However, this year for my birthday, I placed an order on the Tarte website and finally picked it up. I can definitely see why she loves this gloss; it’s the perfect shimmery peachy nude shade without looking glittery or crazy on the lips. While the formula is a little sticky, it’s not uncomfortable on the lips in any way and is definitely not a deal breaker (IMO). I think it’s the perfect gloss for summer and would highly recommend giving it a try if you’ve been on the fence. And since Kelly is the one who influenced this purchase, you can use her code: KELLY for 15% off of everything on the Tarte website! I also really like the shades “Salt Lyfe” & “Villa.” <3
4. Colourpop x Kathleen Lights So Jaded Palette – $39: Of all the palettes I own, I reach for this one the most. It’s no secret that I love Kathleen and just about everything she touches; and if I had to pick, I’d say this is probably my all-time favorite collab of hers. ColourPop shadows never disappoint and this palette is NO exception. The color payoff is incredible, they blend like a dream and with 30 shades, you’re able to create a myriad of looks no matter what your style is. 10/10 would recommend. 🙂
5. Tarte Breezy Cream Bronzer (Seychelles) – $29: This was another influenced purchase. When I made that birthday order I referenced earlier, I snagged this as well. I had seen some big YouTubers talk about it but if I’m being honest, I picked this up because of my friend Brianna Lynch (if you don’t follow her on instagram/YouTube, you totally should – she’s a literal dream). I’m not what you would call a cream bronzer kind of girl so I was pretty nervous to purchase this; however, now that I’ve practiced and gotten used to using it, love it. It’s a little warmer than what I would typically reach for, but I think that’s what makes it so great, especially for this time of year. It’s blends like a dream and never leaves me looking muddy or too orange. It comes in three shades and I use the lightest!
6. YSL All Over Glow Powder – $48: Another Brianna Lynch influenced purchase…lol. Okay, I know this is a little on the pricey side but y’all, it’s beautiful. If you like a subtle all-over glow in a finishing powder, you will love this. I take a big fluffy brush at the end of my routine and lightly go over my entire face with this powder; it never disappoints and always leaves me with the most stunning airbrushed finish. If you like the idea of an all over glow powder but don’t want to shell out $50 bucks, I highly recommend using the Essence Pure Nude highlighter in the same way, as I find it gives me a very similar finish. 🙂
7. Pixi Glow Mist – $15: My first trip back into the real world post serious lock-down was to Target (yippie), and after perusing the makeup aisle like I always do, I decided to pick this up and give it a try. You guys know (or maybe you don’t) that I have severely dry skin, even in the summer (how unfair) so I’m always looking for something hydrating and glowy to help liven up this face! I’ve been using this non-stop since I got it to not only prep my skin for makeup, but to also help me blend out my concealer and to ensure that my face doesn’t look flat when I’m using a lot of powder products. While I know this won’t for everyone (especially if you’re an oily gal), I have really been enjoying it lately!
8. MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara – $20: I’m sure you guys are tired of hearing this…but Brianna also influenced me to pick this up and give it a try – lol. She swears by this mascara for her bottom lashes and after using it for my engagement pictures in the Georgia heat (and humidity), I can firmly say that she nailed it. I had ZERO flaking or smudging and found it to hold up really nicely on my bottom lashes. I love how short and fine the wand is because it makes it so easy to get right up to the root of the lash without making a massive mess on your under-eyes. If you struggle finding a mascara to stay put in that area, give this one a try!
9. Morphe Eyeliner (Toastie) – $4: I know people have a lot of opinions about Morphe, and I totally respect that; however, I would be lying if I said that I didn’t use some of their products pretty frequently. While I don’t really use liquid liner (your girl can’t do a wing to save my life) I love a good pencil liner, and morphe has loads of colors to choose from. Day to day I prefer to wear brown in my water line instead of black, as I find it to be a bit softer and overall more flattering on my eyes. If I’m looking for something a little more fun, a few of the shades I reach for are Date Night, Fashionista and Falling for Green! If you’re someone who prefers a gel formula instead of a traditional pencil, the ColourPop Creme Gel Liners are also amazing!
10. Makeup Revolution Hydrating Concealer (C3) – $10: If you’ve been around a while then you know I love the original Makeup Revolution concealer (I’ve repurchased several times). However, one day as I was looking around the ULTA website, I noticed MR came out with a hydrating version of their concealer and knew I had to give it a try. While I do find it to be more hydrating than the original, I don’t notice a massive difference, at least on me. Despite it being pretty similar to the original concealer (at least on my skin), I know SEVERAL people that didn’t love the original formula that really enjoy the hydrating variety! I say all that to say; if you’ve been thinking of giving it a try but you weren’t sold on the original formula, I think it’s worth picking up! ALSO: ULTA’s shade selection in this concealer is TERRIBLE but if you go to the Makeup Revolution website, they have 50 shades in this product; so if you are interested in checking it out, you may want to to purchase it direct from their website instead! <3
Well friends that wraps up my summer beauty favorites! These items truly have been on repeat for me and I love every single one of them! I hope you enjoyed this post and found some summer makeup inspo! What have you been loving over the last few months?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat!