Hey friends! Happy Friday eve and welcome back! As you can tell by the title, today we’re gonna be talking about the ever-so-popular Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Now before I get started on tips, tricks and everything you need to know, I want to make it clear that in NO way do I think you NEED anything from this sale (you truly don’t – I promise). With COVID-19 wrecking everyone’s 2020, I know finances are looking a lot different than what we’re used to (myself included). The most important thing right now is staying safe, sane and healthy; getting the newest booties for fall isn’t really a priority. You may be asking yourself “well Britt, if you don’t think I need anything, then why are you sharing this with us?” Great question. Honestly, I love fashion; that’s why I’m sharing. I know not everyone can or will want to shop the sale, but I also know plenty of people who look forward to this every year (myself included).
I like to peruse the sale for staple pieces that I can take with me for years to come. I also think it’s a great way to get some early holiday shopping done! I’ll be honest, the majority of what I plan to share will be casual in nature. I’ve been working from home for months and it’s just what I’ve been reaching for on a day-to-day basis; however, if I see a nice jacket or pair of boots that I think are worth the $$, I will share those pieces as well in case you or someone you know is on the hunt! Okay…now that I’ve done my fair share of rambling, let’s get into the important dates and deets!
SHOPPING TIPS & TRICKS
- If you want to shop early access (Aug 4 – Aug 18), you MUST have a Nordstrom credit card. In the interest of full disclosure, I do not have a Nordstrom CC and will not be opening one just to shop the sale early.
- Starting July 24th, browse the sale catalog to get an idea of the items you’re most interested in. Start saving those items on Nordstrom.com or go old school and make a list of everything you love. If you don’t have exact item names and are more interested in perusing a specific brand (i.e., Top Shop, Vince Camuto, etc.) or category (i.e., coats, boats, jeans), go ahead and jot those down as well. Trust me, it makes for MUCH easier shopping.
- Prioritize your MUST-HAVE items FIRST. Take my word on this; stuff goes fast and you’ll be glad you prioritized!
- If you’re shopping for shoes, snag them FIRST, they WILL sell out (especially booties & over-the-knee boots).
- If you’re between sizes or unsure of the fit of a specific brand, order multiple sizes (if you can); Nordstrom offers free shipping and returns during the anniversary sale so there’s no harm in ordering the same item in multiple sizes. However, if you’re not in a position to order multiple items (I’m looking at you Stuart Weitzman boots), RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH (and read reviews)! 9 times out of 10 they’re dead on and have been super helpful for me in the past!
- This certainly isn’t necessary, but I often use this sale to get an early jump on my holiday shopping! If there’s a specific beauty product, piece of jewelry or pair of shoes that your mom or sister wants, this would be a good time to snag those items!
- PLACE MORE THAN ONE ORDER! Okay, I know that seems dramatic but hear me out. If you’re planning to pick up a haul during this sale (or even if you’re just leisurely sifting through the pages) there is a decent chance that while you’re adding things to your cart, that beloved jacket and boots you so desperately want will be sold out by the time you’re ready to check out. Since Nordstrom offers free shipping AND free returns, I think it’s best to order your big ticket items immediately (boots, jackets, handbags) and then go back in and peruse.
That wraps up the first #NSALE post from me; I hope you found it helpful! If you’re planning to shop (or peruse) the sale, I’d love to know what you’re picking up! And if you’re not planning to shop, I hope you don’t mind looking at leggings, joggers and t’s for the next few weeks! LOL. I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and I’ll see you next week!