Happy Friday, friends and welcome back! Did everyone have a good week?! Mine was very busy/eventful; lots of wedding and bridal shower prep! On Wednesday I had my first alterations appointment…like how are we already here?! And tomorrow is my Bridal Shower (eeeekkkkkkkk). I have to say; this has been a pretty tough season of life. Planning a wedding when your fiance lives in a different state is hard enough; add in COVID and man, it’s been a WILD RIDE. Anyways, I’m looking forward to seeing my friends and having my shower, mask and all (I’ll be sure to do a post all about it!). Let me stop rambling. I mentioned Monday that I was going to have a little mini haul for you so I’m here to deliver! I had hoped to have this up Wednesday but my ULTA order took a lot longer to arrive than I originally planned (aka, it got here today – ugh); but it’s here now and I still wanted to share! I’m sure I’ll talk about and try some of the products over on my Instastories (@brittebabe15) if you wanna check me out over there!
1. Layered Disc Bracelet – $11.99: I’m definitely a dainty jewelry kind of girl and I love the layered look for necklaces, so I thought why not try the same style in bracelet form. I got this off of Amazon based on the reviews and so far I really like it. I’ve worn it twice and plan on wearing it to my shower tomorrow. Obviously it’s only $12 so I’m not expecting it to last me a million years; but for now, I’m loving it.
2. Exfoliating Body Gloves (8 pk) – $9.99: I absolutely love these for exfoliating my body. I don’t use them every single time I shower because they can be pretty intense; however, about once a week I will pull them out and put them to work. I also use these when I prep my skin for self-tanner and to remove any stubborn self-tanner that gets stuck on my body. (I’ll do a whole post about that soon). While they may be a little harsh on the skin, I find that if I just use them once or twice a week with a regular body wash (no sugar scrub), my skin is smooth and never irritated.
3. Vita Liberata Body Blur – $45: I’ll be honest, I’ve never used this product. I’ve heard mixed reviews and have friends that both love and hate it. I bought it on a whim to hopefully add a nice smooth finish to my legs for my bridal shower. For some reason my self-tanner doesn’t like to stick to the bottom half of my legs (does this happen to anyone else?) so I always need a little extra help in that area. I’ll report back and tell you if it was a complete disaster; I’ve got my fingers crossed. It comes in 4 colors, I grabbed the shade ‘Latte’.
4. Sol Body Kabuki Brush – $12: You’re gonna see a theme here re: bridal shower. I bought this to use with the Glow Body Oil from Sol (linked below) to help bronze up my shoulders, collar bone and legs for my shower tomorrow. I saw Kathleen Lights review this collection months ago on her channel and remember her saying that she liked the brush and thought it did a nice job applying the product. I pretty much trust anything Kathleen says…so I bought the brush. lol. I’ll keep you guys posted!
5. Sol Body Glow Oil – $15: To go with the product mentioned above, I picked up the Sol Body Glow Oil in the shade ‘Warm Gold.’ I went back and re-watched Kathleen’s video and thought this would be the perfect shade to give me a little golden glow! It comes in 4 shades and doesn’t look overly chunky (from the reviews I’ve seen) so I have high hopes.
6. Maybelline Ultra Slim Brow Pencil – $7.99: There are about 4 brow pencils I go back and forth with and this is one I ran out of a while ago and decided to repurchase. I prefer a slim pencil rather than the more angled ones (do y’all know what i’m talking about?) and find the shades very flattering for my hair color. In case you’re wondering I use both ‘Soft Brown’ & ‘Medium Brown;’ so if you’re looking for an affordable brow pencil, I really like this one!
7. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm – $30: I’ve been using this for years and I still love it. It removes my makeup better than any other cleansing balm/oil/micellar water (though I do want to try the Bioderma cleansing water) that I’ve tried and I always go back to it. It doesn’t leave any weird oily residue on my skin and never breaks me out. Despite it being pricier than what I’d like to pay for a cleanser, I will continue to repurchase!
8. Too Faced Born This Way Sculpting Concealer – $29: This is the 3rd time I’ve bought this concealer and I hope I like this shade better than the last. I absolutely LOVE the formula but have had trouble finding the best shade for me. It’s never far off, I just always have to add something in it to be a little more pink because I find this line to run a little more yellow on me than other concealers/foundations. In any case, I love the formula and wanted to pick it up again.
9. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder – $7.99: This is definitely one of my favorite face powders. As much as I love the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder, sometimes I want something with a base color so I can add a little extra coverage. This comes in 8 shades and I use both ‘Fair’ and ‘Fair Light’. It sets my foundation beautifully and never gets cakey throughout the day! 10/10 would recommend.
10. Maybelline Matte Ink Lipstick – $6.64: If you’ve been around a while then this might look familiar to you as I used to talk about this “liquid lipstick” all the time. The shade ‘Lover’ is my absolute favorite though they have other shades to choose from as well. I find the formula to be opaque, long-lasting and incredibly comfortable on the lips. While I wouldn’t call it transfer-proof, I do think it offers a nice demi-matte finish!
11. Pür Love Your Selfie Foundation – $21.60: I snagged this foundation because my friend Dawn swears by it (if you’re reading this hey boo hey)! I saw that it was on sale at ULTA last week (still is) and decided it was time to give it a go! I grabbed the shade MP1 Ivory Beige; fingers crossed it matches me (I’m the worst with shade matching). Like everything else, I’ll keep you posted on how I like it! <3
So that wraps up this little mini Amazon/ULTA haul! I hope you guys enjoyed and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I’ll be back next week with my July favorites and Bridal Shower deets!