Happy Wednesday, friends and WELCOME BACK! Phew, a lot has happened since the last time I hopped on to chat with y’all. Drum roll please…..I FINALLY GOT MARRIED! Yes, you read that right, I am finally a married woman. David and I tied the knot October 10th and it was a literal dream. Of course our big day was not without loads of stress and wild weather (mini monsoon and a tornado warning), but the most important part was at the end of all of the chaos, I got to marry my person (praise hands)! I plan on doing a couple of wedding round-up posts to talk about my vendors, bridesmaids gifts, wedding planning during a pandemic and overall experience; so if you’re a bride-to-be, keep a look out for those! Oh! And when I get my pictures and video back, you best believe I’ll be sharing those with you!
Anyways, now that all of that is out of the way, how are you guys doing?! I hope all of you are staying safe..and sane. Between COVID-19, election season and an overall crazy 2020, I feel like everyone is just hanging on for dear life. LOL. If you’re struggling in any way, please know that I’m thinking of and praying for you; you’re definitely NOT alone and I know that things will be much brighter in the days and months to come (I have to believe that or I might lose my mind – lol). While I know that things are looking different for a lot of us this holiday season (myself included), I still wanted to put out my yearly gift-guides. I find so much joy in researching and putting them together and truly hope they bring you a dash of happiness as well! I decided to keep the price points moderate (mainly between the $20-$50 range) this year and hope these guides can be a helpful resource for y’all! As you can tell by the title, today we’re talkin’ all about the girls – YAAASSSSS! But don’t worry, I plan on including a gift-guide for men, new mamas, newlyweds, new home owners and stocking stuffers, so definitely keep your eyes peeled for those! Now that I’ve rambled for 30697086680 years, let’s hop into my first gift-guide of 2020!
**Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links**
1. Revlon One-Step Styling Brush – $41.99: I don’t know about you but I’ve seen this styling brush ALL OVER THE INTERNET; I feel like everyone and their mama owns (and loves) one of these bad boys. I finally got a chance to use one a couple of weeks ago and I was PLEASANTLY surprised. My hair is long, thick and coarse and I felt like it did a great job drying and smoothing my hair; it was straight enough to where I didn’t feel the need to go in with a straightener afterward (hallelujah)! 10/10 would recommend.
2. Tree Hut Sugar Scrub Set – $14.99: I know some people aren’t a fan of sugar scrubs but I personally love them. I use them about once a week in the shower and find that my skin is less textured and much more smooth. I love this set from Tree Hut because you can break it up and have 3 different scrubs for 3 different people! I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with these!
3. Quilted Velvet Makeup Bag – $12.99: I absolutely love this quilted velvet makeup bag; so much so that I gave one to all of my bridesmaids! I ordered them all in the blush pink shade with the white monogram and love the way they turned out. For just under $13 bucks, I think this is a steal! NOTE: They have a variety of colors and monogram styles to choose from if you’re not into the pink/white combo! 🙂
4. Love Lariat Necklace – $32: I’m a huge fan of the dainty lariat necklace style; I feel like they compliment a variety of outfits and are flattering on everyone. I picked this up from The Styled Collection and absolutely love it. They have loads of designer inspired pieces (necklaces, bracelets, rings) and great customer service! BONUS: They run sales all the time! 🙂
5. Faux Fur Slippers – $22.99: I have purchased several pairs of these over the last 2 years to give as Christmas gifts! While I love the summer slippers from Amazon (FOUND HERE), I find that these are great for the colder weather! They are thick, sturdy and come in a variety of colors (I have black, grey and tan)! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
6. Santa Mug – $5: Who doesn’t love a cute festive mug?! I know I sure do! I love picking a mug that suits someone’s personality and adding a homemade hot cocoa mix or a specialty coffee to personalize it even more! It’s inexpensive while still being thoughtful (and awesome)! You can’t go wrong!
7. AE Twill Scarf – $17.21: A classic scarf is always a great gift idea. Not only is it practical, it can also help accessorize any outfit (kind of like a hat). I love this pattern but if it’s not your cup of tea, there are loads of blanket style scarves on the internet to suit everyone’s taste!
8. Insulated Tumbler – $17.99: Another practical gift. If you know someone who takes a drink with them every morning to work (or school), these are great! They come in a slew of colors, have a lid/straw and are leak proof! I have 2 and use them all the time.
9. Backpack Purse – $23.99: If you’ve been around a while, then you know I love handbags; however, sometimes it’s just not practical to lug around a giant purse that houses my entire life. I got this backpack purse off of Amazon months ago and have been carrying it non-stop. It holds a ton of stuff and makes carrying a purse so much easier!
10. Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Set – $45: I know this is pricey for a lip kit but Charlotte Tilbury’s lipstick in Pillow Talk is ICONIC. I absolutely love the liner and lipstick shade and think this would be great for the beauty lover in your life! 🙂
11. AE Flannel Boxers – $17.21: Eeeekkkkkkk how cute are these flannel boxers from American Eagle?! I feel like they nail it every year with their holiday designs! This is part of a flannel PJ set (flannel shirt found HERE) and I think it would be perfect for the homebody in your life. I mean come on, who wouldn’t want to cuddle up in these shorts and watch Christmas movies?!
12. CALPAK Packing Cubes – $58: Okay, I know these are slightly over that $50 price point, but they are totally worth it. I used these when I went on my honeymoon, and y’all, they are a game changer. I was able to fit everything I needed in these cubes and had plenty of room leftover in my suitcase. You can definitely find packing cubes cheaper on Amazon but since I have never used them, I can’t speak to their quality. Though I will link up a similar option with great reviews HERE!
13. Faux Fur Mules – $52.98: These are a straight Gucci dupe! I know Target has a similar style (which I own) but these are definitely better quality (though I still love my Target ones). If you know someone who loves that trendy faux fur mule look, these are the best I’ve found! I love the cream shade and have them on my Christmas wishlist! 🙂
14. Kitsch Satin Pillowcase – $19: I know everyone raves about the Slip silk pillowcases but I cannot afford to spend $100+ on ONE pillowcase. I have bought a couple different options from Amazon and liked them a lot but I picked this one up from ULTA (I’m a sucker for anything blush colored) and definitely feel like this is the best one I’ve tried. If you or someone you know has been looking for a more affordable silk/satin pillowcase, I think this is a great option!
There you have it, folks; my first holiday gift-guide of the season! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it somewhat helpful! Are you shopping for anything specific this year?! Is there anything on your wishlist?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat! And though I know the upcoming season will look a lot different than normal, fun holiday decor, Hallmark movies, gift-guides and Christmas candles always seem to lift my spirits. I hope they can do the same for you! <3 <3 See ya soon!