Happy Monday, friends and welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend; mine was lovely and I am so grateful. Okay, I have a question; have the days been totally dragging lately or is it just me?! Here’s to hoping the days speed up and the weekends slow down! Anyways, as you can tell by the title, today I’m back and sharing my ultimate drugstore starter kit with you all. If you’re anything like me, you love all things beauty but hate the insane price tags that come along with it. I decided to round up all of my drugstore must-haves and create a full-proof kit for you! Obviously makeup is super personal and works different for everyone, so if you have other favorites to add, leave a comment down below so I can check out what you can’t live without!
***Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links***
1. ELF Jelly Pop Dew Primer – $10: This is one of the only drugstore primers that I use regularly. It’s very similar to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer and keeps my makeup on all day long. It has a sticky consistency and really helps adhere foundation to the skin. I know a lot of people really like their new Mint Melt Primer; however, since I haven’t had enough time to test that one out, I just went with the OG primer!
2. L’Oreal Freshwear Foundation – $12.74: If you’ve been around a while, you know this is one of my favorite foundations of all time. It has medium to full buildable coverage, is lightweight on the skin and lasts all day long! While the title says freshwear, which can sometimes mean dewy, I think this is suitable for all skin types. So for all of my combo/oily skin folks, don’t write it off, this is beautiful on everyone! It comes in 40 shades and I use the shade Beige Ivory.
3. ColourPop Pretty Fresh Tinted Moisturizer – $14: If you prefer a lighter coverage “foundation”, this ColourPop tinted moisturizer is my favorite. It’s lightweight, evens out my skintone & is perfect for day-to-day use. It comes in 21 shades and I use shades Fair 4 N & Light 5 N!
4. ELF Hydrating Camo Concealer – $6: The ELF camo concealers are the best concealers at the drugstore (IMO). I personally use the hydrating version as I have incredibly dry skin but know several people who use and love the original formula. If you’ve tried the camo line from ELF and aren’t a huge fan, I also really love the Makeup Revolution concealers.
5. Maybelline Fit Me Powder – $7.99: I’m being totally honest when I say this is my most used powder; seriously, I reach for it every single day. It’s finely milled, never looks cakey and creates the prettiest finish to the skin. It comes in 8 shades and I use Fair & Fair-Light. If you haven’t tried this already, I HIGHLY recommend!
6. Morphe Definer Brow Pencil – $6: There are loads of eyebrow pencils at the drugstore that I use and love but the Morphe pencil is the one I reach for most often, probably because of the shade match. It’s creamy without sliding all over and just waxy enough to stay put in my brows. It comes in 10 shades and I use the shade Latte. **If you’re not a fan of the Morphe pencil, I love the NYC Micro Brow Pencil too!**
7. Essence Make Me Brow Gel – $2.99: I’ve talked about this product on more than one occasion and it’s still my most reached for brow gel. The $2.99 price tag cannot be beat and it stays in my brows all day long with ZERO flaking. It comes in 5 shades and I use Blondy Brows (for the front) and Browny Brows (for the tail).
8. ELF Bite Size Shadow Palette – $3: I am truly obsessed with these ELF quads; they come in a variety of color stories and perform like a dream. If you are someone who likes minimal eye shadow and tends to wear the same look every day (nothing wrong with that), these would be a GREAT option for you! There are 9 different quads to choose from and my favorites are Pumpkin Spice & Berry Bad.
9. ColourPop Truly Madly Deeply Palette – $23: I know some people don’t consider ColourPop to fit in the drugstore category because you can’t find it at Walmart, Walgreens or Target; however, with their price point and quality, I simply cannot leave them out. I know $23 dollars is a little higher than what some people are willing to pay when they think “drugstore,” but if you’re looking for a palette that REALLY performs, the extra few bucks goes a long way! I love this palette because it has those neutral/rosy tones that are flattering on so many skintones and it features 16 shades. A little less than $1.50 / per shadow can get you something with endless possibilities. <3
10. ELF Primer Infused Blush – $6: These ELF blushes are newer to my collection but they are so good. They last ALL day on my cheeks and are the perfect blush when I’m looking for something a little more matte. They’re super pigmented so I would go in with a light hand and build up from there! There are 4 shades in the line and my favorites are Always Cheeky & Always Rosy! **If you’re a cream blush fan, ELF’s Putty Blushes are AMAZING!**
11. Milani Baked Blush – $9.49: There’s NO way I could create a drugstore makeup kit and leave out the Milani baked blushes, it’s just not possible. I use 4 shades from this line and absolutely love the sheen it gives my skin. It makes me look healthy and sun-kissed; especially when using Luminoso & Bella Belini. I know they’ve been talked about for years, but I still use and love them constantly. 10/10 recommend.
12. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – $15.99: An oldie but a goodie; I know some people might have moved on from the Butter Bronzer, but I haven’t. There’s a reason it’s been around for so long; plus, it smells like a dream. It has the softest shimmer (not glittery) that adds the most beautiful sheen to the skin and lasts all day. It comes in 6 shades and I use the shade Bronzer.
13. Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder – $9.99: While I typically reach for a bronzer with a bit of shimmer, I had to include this matte option because it’s too good to leave out. The name says it all; this product from Milani really goes on silky smooth and NEVER looks patchy or splotchy. If you’re someone who prefers matte face products, please give this a try. It comes in 3 shades (hoping they expand soon) and I use shades Sun Light & Sun Kissed.
14. Revlon Skin Lights Highlighter – $11.99: This is newer to my collection and it is STUNNING. It’s been a while since I’ve found something from Revlon that I’ve wanted to use everyday, but here we are. It goes on smooth, doesn’t accentuate any texture and is blinding without being glittery. It comes in 3 shades and I use Daybreak Gimmer. **NOTE – it looks darker in the picture than it is in the pan so don’t be alarmed – lol.**
15. ColourPop Super Shock Highlighter – $8: I’m still shocked every time I use my ColourPop highlighters – they are so dang blinding. They’re creamy, easy to use and incredibly pigmented; seriously, use a light hand. If you’re looking for a little extra oomph, I highly recommend! I use shades Lunch Money & Flexitarian. **These are also great for an inner corner highlight.**
16. NYX Epic Ink Liquid Liner – $9: I’ll be honest, I’m not a liquid eyeliner person…as in, I don’t do liquid eyeliner on myself. I think it’s beautiful and my friend Dawn crushes the liquid liner game but I’m just not capable – lol. In any case, several of my friends use the NYX Epic Ink liner and LOVE it. It goes on smooth, matte black and stays put all day. **If you have a favorite drugstore liquid liner, let me know down below!**
17. Morphe Color Pencil – $4: I know some people hate Morphe as a brand but if you haven’t tried their color pencils, I highly recommend giving them a try. They can be used on the eyes and the lips (I typically use them as eyeliner) and come in tons of shades. Though they are a traditional pencil that you have to sharpen, they are never rough or dry and stay on my water line all day. The shades I use are Coconut, All Night, Dark Room & Date Night.
18. L’Oreal Lash Primer – $8.99: If you’ve been around a while then you know I’m a big proponent of lash primers; I never do my mascara without one. This L’Oreal option is the best one I’ve tried from the drugstore and I use it regularly. It doesn’t flake throughout the day and helps prep and separate my lashes for mascara!
19. Maybelline Sky High Mascara – $11.49: Okay, I know mascara is a hyper-personal thing but I LOVE this one from Maybelline. I know it’s going viral thanks to TikTok and you either love it or hate it but it really does wonders for my lashes. It gives me length and volume and doesn’t smudge throughout the day. I definitely prefer the plastic applicator so if you’re not a fan of that style and prefer a thicker brush-tip wand, I’d pass on this one.
20. ColourPop Lippie Pencil – $6: Creamy, dreamy and the perfect shade of nude. BFF & BFF2 are two of my most reached for liners on a daily basis. If you haven’t tried the ColourPop liners, I highly recommend!
21. NYX Suede Matte Lip Liner – $4: NYX has some of the best lip liners around; drugstore or otherwise and I love several of the shades in their Matte Suede line! They are velvety smooth, medium to full coverage (depending on the shade) and last beautifully throughout the day. I use shades Milan, Tea & Cookies & Cannes. **If you’re not into the matte look, their Creamy Lip Pencils are GREAT too!**
22. Maybelline Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick – $9.49: I have been raving about these Maybelline lipsticks for years now, and I’m so glad that more people are starting to give them the love they deserve. I love the longevity of liquid lipsticks but hate how drying they are (traditionally); however, because these don’t dry down fully, they don’t suck all of the moisture out of your lips (hallelujah!). They aren’t transfer proof, so if that’s a deal breaker for you, I would skip these. They have 40 shades in the line and my favorites are Lover, Revolutionary & Savant. **If you’re more of a bullet lipstick fan, THESE from L’Oreal are my favorite!**
23. Maybelline Lifter Gloss – $8.99: If you’re a fan of the Fenty Gloss Bombs, these are a great drugstore option. The formula is pigmented without being too much and glossy without being sticky. There are 10 shades in the line and I use shades Moon, Petal & Silk!
24. Milani Make it Last Setting Spray – $9.99: I know there are tons of setting spray options at the drugstore but the Milani make it last setting spray works the best for me. It smells good, has a fine mist and helps keep my makeup on all day. I know it contains alcohol which isn’t traditionally good for dry skin, but honestly, I’ve never had any issues with it. **They also have a dewy setting spray if that’s more your speed!**
That wraps up my Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit! I hope you enjoyed this post and found some fun afforadable things you might want to try and/or add to your collection! If you have a favorite product in that I didn’t list above, leave it down below and let’s chat! Until next time…