Happy Tuesday, friends and welcome back! I hope you all had a good weekend and a great start to your week. I know we’re already 8 days into June but I still wanted to share some of my May beauty favorites with you all. I feel like the last month and a half has been full of sunscreen (please protect your skin EVERY DAY) and warm toned eyeshadows and blushes…is it just me?! Let me stop rambling and hop on in!
Everything linked in this post is up on the liketoknow.it app! If you haven’t already, I would love it if you would go follow me over there! Happy shopping, friends; I appreciate you being here; now let’s get into these beauty finds!
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Treatment – $54 / As someone who is now in her mid 30s (how did that happen?!) I’ve been trying to incorporate more AHAs into my routine to target those fine lines and wrinkles that are begging to take up residency on my face. I have pretty sensitive skin but haven’t noticed any irritation or excessive drying while using this product and definitely think it’s helping keep those fine lines at bay. Bonus: the BHA helps with any acne spots as well.
2. Essence Make Me Brow – $2.99 / I know I’ve talked about this brow gel before but I can’t get enough; for just under $3 I don’t think you can beat it. It comes in 4 shades and adds the perfect amount of color and hold. If you have super unruly brows, I would try THIS instead.
3. ColourPop California Love Palette – $18 / If you have never used a ColourPop eyeshadow palette before I highly recommend checking them out; their quality for the price really cannot be beat. I have several of their eyeshadows in my collection but have been reaching for this palette because of all of the beautiful warm tones – it’s perfect for this time of year and carries beautifully into the fall as well!
4. Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum Cream – $45 / Is this not the best smelling lotion on the planet? I’m almost mad at myself for purchasing this because now I feel like I can’t live without it – ooops. If you’ve been on the fence and have the extra $$ to spend on a body moisturizer, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
5. Bliss Block Star SPF – $19 / I picked this up from Target back in May and have been loving it ever since. I’m someone that has incredibly sensitive skin and is allergic to most sun care products that are not mineral based. If you’ve ever used a zinc sunscreen then you know how thick they can be so I was thrilled to find a formula that is easily bendable and looks beautiful under makeup. If you’re looking for a new facial sunscreen, I think this is worth a try.
6. Lancôme Lash Idôle Mascara – $26 / This is definitely my new favorite mascara. If you’ve been here a while then you know the Benefit Roller Lash used to be my go-to, but this has slowly taken over. I think it pairs beautifully with the Lancôme lash primer and keeps my lashes looking amazing all day. I will 1000% continue to repurchase!
7. Too Faced Lip Injection Gloss – $29 / Okay…I know not everyone is into lip plumpers and some people hate the tingly feeling that these formulas offer, but I absolutely love them. If you’re super sensitive to plumping glosses then I would skip on these; however, if they don’t bother you, I highly recommend. I typically put this on at the beginning of my makeup routine and then go in with my lip color right over top to finish things off!
8. Lancôme Idôle Perfume – $99 / This is the perfect perfume for summer; it’s a light floral scent that has hints of juicy pear and bergamot…seriously, it’s amazing! If you don’t want to buy the bigger size, you can find the travel size HERE.
9. Elf Putty Blush – $6 / Y’all! These putty blushes from ELF are amazing! They work over cream and powder products, last all day on the cheeks and are only SIX dollars. If you’re new to cream blush and feel intimidated when using a new formula, I think this is a great place to start. They come in 5 shades and I love them all. NOTE: the shade pictured is: Turks and Caicos 🙂
10. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – $36 / I’ve talked about this moisturizer on the blog before so I’ll keep it short and sweet. If you struggle with dry or irritated skin in any capacity, I highly recommend giving this a try; it’s seriously a cure all for me. I’ve used it everywhere from my ankles to my face and have had zero issues with it breaking me out or causing irritation.
11. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder – $7.99 / Another holy grail. If you haven’t tried it, go pick it up! It’s under $10, comes in 8 shades and sets my face beautifully without making me look cakey! NOTE: I use shades 05-Fair and 10-Fair Light.
12. Lancôme CILS XL Booster – $27 / This is my favorite lash primer on the market! I’ve tried several but always come back to this bad boy. I genuinely notice fuller, longer lashes when using this product and never do my mascara without it. If you’re looking for something more affordable, I also love THIS primer from L’Oreal!
13. L’Oreal Lumi Bronzer – $11.99 / I absolutely love this bronzer for summer; it’s glowy without being glittery and has the most beautiful undertone. If you’re a matte bronzer kind of person, I’d skip this one; however, if you like a little glow on those cheeks, it’s 100% worth picking up!
14. Lancôme Hydrating Toner – $35 / Calling all my dry skin folks…if you struggle with hydration and find that most toners irritate your skin, this is the product for you. After having a bad reaction to the Pixi Glow Tonic (I love Pixi in general, that product just didn’t work for me), I bought this and noticed a considerable difference in my skins hydration within a couple of days! I typically use this at night before bed and always wake up with my skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and plump!
15. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue – $33 / I’ve been using this for years and often reach for it in the summer months. It does a great job of evening out my skin tone and giving me the prettiest glow. If you’re a full coverage queen, this probably isn’t the product for you; however, if you’re just looking for something to even things out and give you a pretty all over glow, I think you will love this! It comes in 20 shades and I typically use shades Vanilla & Cashew.
16. St Tropez Express Bronzing Mouse – $44 / I’ve tried a few different self tanners over the years and always go back to this one; it goes on even – never streaky and fades beautifully. I recently picked up a new tanning product to try (HERE) and will have to keep you posted on how it turns out. Keep your fingers crossed for a positive outcome because it’s a fraction of the price of my St. Tropez mouse!
That wraps up my May beauty favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe found something fun to try! What were you loving last month? Anything I NEED to pick up?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat! Until next time…