Happy hump day, friends; welcome back! I know that Wednesdays are typically for my Spotlight series but today I thought I would do something a little different! Last week I published my Travel Skincare Essentials and thought I could spend some time today telling you my makeup must-haves when I travel! I will get back to my regularly scheduled Spotlight posts next week but I hope this will do for now! I know you have seen me talk about most of these products before (I’m sorry) but these really are my holy grail, can’t leave home without it products! So without further ado, let’s jump right in!
* 1. Touch in Sol No Poreblem Primer – $15.68: I mentioned this in my September Favorites (here) and for now, this is the only primer I plan on taking with me when I travel! As previously mentioned, the consistency is more like a moisturizer than a silicone primer; so if the traditional pore fillers aren’t your cup o’ tea, try this out and see how you like it!
* 2. Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation – $ 28: When I travel I try and take a foundation that can give me a full coverage look for special occasions but can also be thinned out for a more natural approach. This gem from Clinique has turned into my holy grail foundation and I can’t imagine going anywhere without it!
* 3. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer – $27: Holy grail alert (shocker)! It can cover the worst dark circles in the best way! It’s a thicker consistency so a little goes a long way but when using it with a beauty blender it blends out like a dream!
* 4. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder – $30: This is a silky smooth pressed powder that does a great job setting my makeup and combating shine! The packaging is travel friendly and compact and I never leave home without it!
* 5. Ulta Mad for Mauve Blush Palette – $18: This palette is perfect for traveling! It offers 6 shades (4 shimmers and 2 mattes) and gives you the freedom to create a multitude of looks! The colors are pigmented and look beautiful on the skin! If you’re looking for an affordable blush palette, check this out!
* 6. Tarte Double Duty Beauty Contour & Highlight Palette – $30: I know you guys are probably sick of me talking about this duo from Tarte but I just can’t help it! The contour shade is more on the cool side (perfect for fair skin) and the highlighter is simply stunning. If you haven’t picked this up but have always wanted to try it, I 1000% recommend it!
* 7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette – $42: If you’re looking for ONE eyeshadow palette to take with you when you go out of town, this is it! The warm shades are stunning and the matte cream shade is perfect for setting down your primer! I know $42 dollars may seem a bit steep for eyeshadow, but I PROMISE it’s 100% worth it.
* 8. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara – $23: I have tried some different mascaras (drugstore & high end) here and there but always find myself coming back to this one! It provides length and volume and has the perfect consistency (not too wet, not too dry).
* 9. Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil – $8: I’ll be honest, I don’t wear eyeliner very often but when I travel I always bring a couple just in case. I typically carry a black and brown pencil with me and these gel liners from Ulta are some of my favorites. They always stay on my waterline and never smudge. They have a variety of colors to choose from and are super affordable! NOTE: The colors shown are ‘Black Out’ & ‘Mink’. BONUS: they are currently 3 for $9!
* 10. Tarte Double Ended Lipstick & Gloss – $24: These beauties from Tarte are perfect for on the go. It includes both a lipstick and a lip gloss and are ultra hydrating and easy to wear. There are 16 shades and I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them. NOTE: The shade shown above is Renegade!
* 11. NYX Butter Gloss – $4.99: You guys already know how much I love these glosses! They offer the perfect amount of pigment and are never sticky! There are 34 shades (there’s something for everyone) in the line and are incredibly affordable! NOTE: The shade pictured above is Angel Food Cake! BONUS: These are currently BOGO 50% off at Ulta!
* 12. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – $15 – $32: I always, always, always bring this with me! It’s perfect for setting my makeup and making sure everything stays in place all day long. I typically carry the travel size with me but if you have a larger bag, you could definitely bring the full size bottle!
**Along with the products listed above, I also always carry makeup remover wipes. Lately I have been using the Night Calming Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes but any kind will do. Also, the makeup bag I use for travel is similar to THIS ONE!**
So that wraps up my Travel Bag Makeup Must-Haves. I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope you all are having a great week! What makeup items do you always take on vacation? Leave me a comment down below and let me know!