Happy Friday friends and welcome back! Are you guys ready for the weekend? Do you have anything fun planned? My weekend will look the same as it always does…football, How I Met Your Mother and more football! Today I am bringing you my October Favorites and as always, I have listed and linked everything down below so let’s just go ahead and get started!
* 1. Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Polish – $15: I absolutely love this body scrub by Soap & Glory; It’s sweet, citrusy and does a great job of gently exfoliating my skin! If you’re in the market for a new body polish, head to your nearest Ulta or Target and pick this bad boy up!
* 2. Kenra Platinum Finishing Spray 26 – $22: I finally caved and picked this up towards the end of September and I’ve been obsessed ever since! It’s humidity resistant (thank goodness), gives ultimate shine and doesn’t flake or dry out your hair! It’s the perfect finishing spray when I want/need my curls to last all day and while I know it’s a little pricey, if you’re looking for something that really works, check it out!
* 3. Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Lip Color – $9.49: I’ve talked about this plenty of times before. It’s one of my favorite matte lip products and the color is perfect for this time of year! NOTE: The color shown above is LOVER.
* 4. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – $38: I finally hit pan on my Tarte highlighter and decided to whip this bad boy out again. Becca’s highlights are always so beautiful on the skin and never cease to amaze me. NOTE: The color shown above is Moonstone.
* 5. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Powder – $29: After finishing my Too Faced Primed & Poreless powder last month I went back to this oldie but goodie! It’s silky smooth, creates an airbrushed canvas and minimizes my pores…so basically it does everything I need it to!
* 6. Clinique Turnaround Revitalizing Serum – $44.50: I haven’t used a ton of products from Clinique’s skincare line but everything I’ve tried, I’ve loved! This serum is lightweight and has helped even out my skintone and bring some much needed hydration back into my face! If you’re in the market for a new serum, give this one a try, you won’t regret it!
* 7. Tarte Pack Your Bags Undereye Patches – $22: These. Are. Amazing! I have been on the hunt for a good eye patch and what do you know, Tarte came through (shocker)! If you struggle with puffiness, dryness or dark circles, give these a try; they are soothing and do a great job of staying in place! Pro Tip: Put them in the refrigerator for an even more relaxing experience!
* 8. It Cosmetics CC+ Cream – $38: I have been using this foundation non-stop this month; I know it’s not for everyone, but I really love it. The coverage is amazing, it lasts a long time and is insanely comfortable on the skin! If you’ve always wanted to try it but haven’t pulled the trigger, head to Ulta and give it a try!
* 9. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter – $15: GUYS! This stuff smells AMAZING! It compliments the Flake Away Body Polish incredibly well and leaves my skin feeling moisturized for hours!
* 1. David & Young Contrast Plaid Square Scarf – $25: Another scarf, no surprise here! I’m a sucker for anything plaid and with the weather finally starting to feel like fall, I couldn’t resist busting out this ultra cozy scarf!
* 2. Sole Society Lyriq Ankle Bootie – $99.95: These are super comfortable and perfect for this time of year! They come in 3 colors: Navy, Coffee and Taupe and I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them! NOTE: I always go up a 1/2 size in boots to account for thicker socks!
* 3. Lace Up Long Sleeve Sweater – $39: This sweater is beyond comfortable. Full disclosure, my mom ordered it first and I thought it was so cute that I followed her lead (good find, Mama)! The color shown above is “tan” and while I agree that it has a tanish hue, to me there is a hint of blush in there as well. But either way, blush or tan, it’s super cute! NOTE: It also comes in grey.
* 4. Lucky Brand Stacked Turquoise Stacked Ring – $35: Sometimes you just need a little something extra to help pull an outfit together. For me it’s usually a watch (shown above) and/or a set of stackable rings! This set from Lucky is simple, chic, and goes with everything!
* 5. 90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Power Flex Legging – $22.99: I know I’ve talked about these leggings before but they are so great that I felt the need to talk about them again! I have been going to yoga pretty regularly and have been loving wearing these to class; they are durable, comfortable, and incredibly affordable. There are a variety of colors to choose from, they are squat proof (at least the colors I have) and come in both full-length and cropped versions! If you’re in the market for some new workout tights, please, please, please check these out, you won’t be sorry!
* 6. Caravelle New York Rose-Gold Bracelet Watch – $150: My mom bought this for me a few years ago for my birthday and I still love it! It’s chic and goes with everything! $150 dollars well spent, mama!
* 7. Michael Kors Studio Mercer Large Tote – $298: With cooler temperatures finally making an appearance here in the A, it was time to bust out my beloved MK Mercer tote. The navy color is divine and it’s roomy enough for all of my essentials and then some! They have a ton of different colors and are 150% worth the money!
* 1. Erin Condren Snap-In Stylized Sticky Notes – $10: As many of you know, I have the Erin Condren Life Planner (thanks cousin!) and absolutely love it. These Snap-in sticky notes are a great way to add fun and trendy styles to an already stellar planner! At just $10 dollars you really can’t go wrong!
* 2. Bath & Body Works Hand Soap – $6.50: You guys know how much I love Bath & Body works and their soaps are no exception. With fall-like temperatures comes my desire for a more “warm” scent…enter Pumpkin Cupcake! Guys! If you love pumpkin and vanilla go grab this right now, you won’t be sorry! Also, the Pumpkin Cupcake candle might be my new favorite; if you’re a fan of pumpkin candles, GET THIS STAT!
* 3. Erin Condren Compliment Cards – $5: How cute are these?!?! Erin Condren for the win…again! I love to keep these on hand to put in my thank you cards or to include in my giveaway boxes when I ship them out. They are cute, affordable and perfect for when you want to go the extra mile.
* 4. Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Apple 3-Wick Candle – $22.50: This is the perfect scent for fall; it has just the right amount of pumpkin, apple and spice and does a great job of adding warmth to any space!
* 5. Young Living Peppermint & Panaway Essential Oils: As many of you know, I have recently joined the Young Living community and have been loving it so far! I use Peppermint and Panaway to support my body when a migraine rears its ugly head and so far, it has really been helping. I have also found that this combination works great to help support sore muscles after a workout (I’m looking at you Yoga)! If you are at all interested in Young Living or essential oils, check out my post HERE and reach out to me with any questions you might have! I’d love to help you get started on your own oily journey!
* 6. InnoGear 500ml Essential Oil Diffuser – $25.99: Despite receiving a diffuser in my Young Living Starter Kit, I needed a second one for my living area…enter Amazon Prime. I know I could have just purchased another diffuser from Young Living, but honestly at that point I wasn’t even sure that I was going to continue buying oils (it was early on). So I decided to just go on Amazon and pick this one up for considerably less money…and you know what? So far, so good!
* How I Met Your Mother: As many of you know, David and I have been
slowly swiftly making our way through HIMYM and so far, I love it! We are almost done with season 8 (Janette just threw all of Ted’s belongings out the window & Barney & Robin are about to get married) and all I can say is that the Ted/Barney/Robin triangle is cute, frustrating and leaves me questioning what I really want for those characters. I love the humanistic element that Robin brings out of Barney but I also think that Ted & Robin are better together…gaaahhh, so confusing! Lily is a great friend (cue her roof scene with Ted after Barney & Robin get engaged) and Marshall is the BEST. PERSON. EVER! If you’ve somehow never seen the show (I know, I’m late) and are interested in starting something new, give it a try!
* Last Chance U: Guys…this show is amazing and a complete mess. It’s funny, frustrating, sad…basically it’s all the things. If you’ve never heard of it before, it basically follows a community college football program in Scooba, Mississippi as these athletes have one last chance to get their grades up, correct their behavior, and clean up their legal records in order to receive a scholarship offer to play Division I football. Obviously this show isn’t for everyone, but if you think you MIGHT like it, give it a try, I think you’ll really settle in! Be warned, the coach is a deplorable human being (IMO) but the rest of the coaches and the academic counselor (she’s my hero) make up for it! Many of these kids come from incredibly difficult circumstances and just want an opportunity to “make it.” To see if they take advantage of their last chance, tune in on Netflix and watch the drama unfold!
* The Big Sick: Can you believe I willingly watched a movie? I know, I was surprised too! David had been wanting to see this so we settled in and watched it over the weekend…and I loved it! It follows an interracial couple that has to deal with incredible cultural differences and is loosely based on the real-life romance between the main character, Kumail Nanjiani and the director, Emily V. Gordon. It’s a quirky, sweet love story that is every bit worth watching! If you’re in the mood for a romantic comedy, check this one out!
* October Music Favorites: As you can see my music favorites are all over the place..shocker! It’s been a month filled with MC Hammer & Celine throwbacks and I feel no shame! BSB always makes the list, JT is performing at the Super Bowl (eeekkkkkkkk) and I finally broke down and listened to some good ol’ Christmas music (don’t judge me, it had been too long); basically it’s been a good music month for me!
So that wraps up my October Favorites! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I hope you all had a wonderful month. What products/tv shows/movies/music were you loving this month? Leave a comment down below and let me know!