Hi guys, welcome back to Southern Lights, Atlanta Nights! I have graciously been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award…twice, can you believe it?! Liv Sampson of Life According to Liv and Lauren from Not Your Average Girly Girl nominated me for this award and I thought this would be a good time to highlight their blogs and answer their questions. Liv Sampson is a lifestyle blogger that talks all things beauty, food, hair and motherhood. She has the sweetest spirit and is a great and positive presence here in the blogging community! Lauren is a girl after my own heart; she is all things girly while living for the “tomboy swag”. She talks beauty, fashion and all things lifestyle! She is so sweet and is great about commenting on other bloggers content! If you are looking for a couple of really great blogs (and girls) to check out, I would recommend these 2, you won’t be disappointed!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma and she describes this award as “An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” So with all of that being said, let’s get into the rules!
- Thank the person (people) who nominated you & link their blog(s).
- Name the creator of the award & link to their blog.
- Answer your nominators questions.
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions.
- Share links to your bests posts.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
*Five questions by Liv Sampson:
- What is the reason behind your blog name? Well, I am from the South, I love lights, and Atlanta is forever my home. So basically I just combined a few things that I love and went from there!
- Which do you prefer after a long, tiring day: whiskey, wine, bourbon or beer? None. I don’t really drink so I would say Coca-Cola!
- What are your favorite mantras or quotes to live by? “Invest in those that invest in you,” “comparison is the thief of joy,” & “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me – Phil 4:13.”
- Which TV Show/Family: Empire or Greenleaf? I have no idea what Greenleaf is…am I behind the times? I’ve definitely heard of Empire but I’ve never watched it…so I would go with the family in Parenthood, Gilmore Girls or the main family in Friday Night Lights.
- If you had the chance to drop everything & travel the world, where would your first destination be? Greece & Israel…for sure.
*Five questions by Lauren:
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up & did that happen? I wanted to be a pediatrician. Instead, I got a degree in Psychology and now I would love to just blog full time! Fingers crossed!
- What is your all time favorite meal to eat? Probably something southern and delicious. Fried chicken, mac and cheese, collards & a yeast roll. Yummmmm.
- Are you a pool or beach person? Can I say both? I feel like there are pros and cons to each. But I guess if I HAAAADD to pick, I would choose the pool…simply because it’s a little less messy.
- What fictional place would you most like to go? Hogwarts. I JUST got into Harry Potter; I know, I’m terribly late to the game.
- What is your favorite season? Fall for sure.
*3 Facts about me:
- I was a competitive dancer for years; sometimes I miss it.
- I will never go on a cruise. The idea of being in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight scares me to death.
- I am OBSESSED with Christmas. I don’t think you understand. It makes me happier than just about anything!
*My favorite blog posts:
- EATING DISORDER AWARENESS WEEK: MY STORY
- WEDNESDAY SPOTLIGHT: A TRUE ST. JUDE HERO
- MONDAY MOTIVATION
- 4th OF JULY FASHION FINDS
- GILMORE GIRLS: A YEAR IN THE LIFE REVIEW
- WELCOME HOME, BRAVES
*And the nominees are:
*5 questions for my nominees:
- What is your all time favorite scent (perfume, candle, apple pie, etc.)?
- If you could LIVE anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- How do you pamper yourself?
- Team iPhone or team Android?
- Would you ever go skydiving?
**So that’s it for this Mystery Blogger Awards post. Sorry it was so long but I hope you guys enjoyed it! Thank you to Liv and Lauren for the nominations, I really appreciate it! Even if you weren’t nominated, I would love for you to answer some of the questions below! I hope you guys are having an awesome Friday and I hope you have an even better weekend!