Happy Tuesday, friends and welcome back; I hope you all had a great weekend and an even better start to the week. We’re currently experiencing a cold front here in Atlanta and y’all, I’m over it. As much as I love a chunky knit sweater and knee-high boots, I need at least 65 degrees; especially now that we’re in the month of March. Fingers crossed we warm up soon! Now on to today’s topic: as you can tell by the title, we’re getting in to my February favorites! I’m sure there are some things you will recognize; however, I tried out a lot of new products last month, so there are definitely some new additions! As always, I will list and link everything below; so without further ado, let’s get into this!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
1. L’Oreal Fresh Wear Foundation: I picked this up after hearing everyone rave about it (thanks YouTube & Tanya) and I’m so glad that I did. It has a lightweight finish, medium (buildable) coverage and sits beautifully on the skin. It comes in 30 shades and I’m in the shade Rose Vanilla.
2. L’Oreal Lumi Bronzer: Speaking of YouTube, I picked this up based on Allie Gline’s recommendation, and boy did she nail it! This gives such a healthy glow to the skin and though it is a luminous product, it’s not TOO over-the-top. The undertone is the perfect mix of cool and warm and it leaves the most beautiful sheen on the skin. If you’re more of a matte girl, I love the Benefit Hoola Bronzer! The L’Oreal bronzer comes in 3 shades and I’m in the shade light.
3. Wet N’ Wild MegaGlo Highlighter: You guys have seen me talk about this product before but this is a new shade for me (& Wet N’ Wild)! Wet N Wild just rolled out a fun new collection and this is one of my favorite things! It’s silky smooth, shimmery without being glittery and leaves a beautiful glow on the skin. It comes in 6 shades and my favorites are Bloom Time (shown above) & Precious Petals.
4. Milani Amore Satin Lip Creme: I. Love. This. Lipstick. It’s hydrating, opaque and dries down to a demi-matte finish. It’s not sticky or tacky, lasts a long time on the lips and when it begins to fade, it doesn’t look gross or patchy (thank goodness)! It comes 12 shades and my favorites are: Classic (shown above), Plush, Revel and Cashmere.
5. Tarte Sugar Rush Lip Oil: If your lips are in need of hydration, I recommend getting a lip oil and using it in place of your chapstick. I decided to snag one of these with my ULTA points and have been loving it so far. It leaves a glossy finish without be sticky and is super comfortable on the lips! It comes in 3 “shades” and my favorite is Fresh Pressed.
6. Healthy Sexy Hair Leave-In Conditioner: I don’t know about you guys but I HAVE to use a leave-in conditioner, if I don’t my hair looks a mess – think Simba being electrocuted. I picked this up at Target during one those “I’m only going in for ONE thing” trips (yea right) because my hair was more knotted and tangled than normal, and so far, it’s been great. It smells good, is relatively inexpensive and gets the job done.
7. Becca First Light Priming Filter: I shared this on my Insta-stories (follow me HERE) a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since. If you are someone that struggles with dull, dehydrated skin, this is perfect for you. I use this in conjunction with a variety of other primers (as you can tell by the graphic above) but also love it by itself on my no-makeup days. It has a light citrus scent and creates a beautifully refreshed look to the skin.
8. Joah Radiance Face Primer: I received this product from Influenster a couple of months ago and despite not loving the texture in my hand, it sits beautifully on the skin. I use a pea sized amount and put it in my cheek area (as that’s where I get the most dryness) and then follow it up with my pore minimizing primer. It has a very silky (borderline oily) texture and REALLY hydrates the skin. I know this product won’t work for everyone, but if you have really dry skin, I think it’s worth a try.
9. Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer: I know I’ve talked about this primer before but I thought it was worth mentioning again, especially since I have started using a new priming concoction (aka all of the primers shown above). I go in with this after using the other two primers shown above and love the way it fills in the pores and smooths everything out. PRO TIP: buy the travel size, it’s much cheaper and lasts a LONG time!
10. Scrunchies: Scrunchies are making a comeback – praise the Lord! I noticed a lot of breakage when I got my hair cut a few weeks ago and decided to start using these more to try and protect my mop as much as I can.
11. Cantu Softening Body Butter: This is my favorite body butter of all time. It’s affordable (I get mine at Walmart), lasts forever on skin and hydrates like nobody’s business!
12. BH Cosmetics 12-PC Brush Set: I had never tried anything from BH Cosmetics before snagging this set and I must say, I’m pleasantly surprised. I had always heard really good things about the brand, so when I saw this set for $29 dollars, I knew I couldn’t pass it up! The set comes with 12 brushes and a fun iridescent brush holder (perfect for travel) and IMO, is worth every single penny.
13. Burt’s Bees Blush: After hearing everyone rave about these blushes on YouTube, I decided to bite the bullet and pick up a couple shades. These have a light luminous finish and last for hours on the cheeks. There are 3 shades in the line and my favorites are Bare Peach and Shy Pink (shown above).
14. Tree Hut Sugar Scrub: I try to exfoliate my body 1-2 times per week and this is definitely my go-to brand. It’s affordable, smells amazing and works like a dream. I also use this to prep my skin for self-tanner and find that it helps my tan to last longer and sit nicer on the skin.
15. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm: I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, this is my favorite makeup remover. I still use makeup wipes when I’m in a hurry or feeling lazy, but when my skin needs something a little more thorough, I go in with this product. I find that it removes everything; even waterproof mascara, and makes my skin feel more hydrated when I use it regularly! I know it’s a bit more pricey than a pack of makeup remover wipes, but IMO, it’s totally worth it.
16. Self-Tanning Mitt: I have used my fair share of tanning mitts over the years, and while none of them were particularly bad, this one is my favorite! I love the microfiber material and find that it evenly distributes the tanner without leaving streak marks on my skin (praise the Lord) and lasts much longer than any other tanning mitt I’ve ever used. I also love that this set comes with an exfoliating glove; it works great with any sugar scrub or a typical body wash!
17. St. Tropez Express Self-Tan: You guys know I live for the original St. Tropez Classic Bronzing Mousse, but I decided to bite the bullet and try the express version. As much as I love the original, sometimes the scent lingers for longer than I’d like and it can be annoying to have to sleep in my self-tanner (is it just me?). If you’re a girl on the go, give this a try, it’s definitely been worth the price! NOTE: When I tan, I leave it on for 2-3 hours.
1. The Styled Collection ‘Love’ Bracelet: If you’re looking for good Cartier dupe, the Styled Collection is the place for you! They have a ton of designer inspired pieces and are super great quality! I have both the gold and rose gold varieties of the ‘Love’ bracelet and have been wearing them non-stop! NOTE: You can find a couple of my other favorites HERE & HERE!
2. Express 3-Layered Charm Necklace: I have (REALLY) been trying to incorporate more jewelry into my daily outfits and this has been one of my go-to pieces. I wear a lot of v-neck sweater/shirts in and out of the office and find that the layered/lariat look is incredibly flattering.
3. V-Neck Fine Knit Sweater: I know I’ve talked about these knit sweaters from H&M before, but for just under $20 dollars, I think they’re worth mentioning again. They’re soft, oversized without being sloppy and fit TTS (M). I now own this sweater in 3 colors and think this turquoise shade is perfect for spring! BONUS: This washes up SUPER nice!
4. Luxe Swing Tank: This is a basic swing tank from Old Navy and I think I own it in at least 6 different colors. They’re perfect to layer under cardigans and blazers, but also look great on their own tucked into a pair of shorts in the spring and summer time. They’re drapey and super comfortable, and though they fit TTS, I order a L so that I can tie them up in the front; I just really like that look. NOTE: I never put these in the drier because I find that they shrink.
5. Dusk 3-PC Ring Set: I was introduced to this brand via my Rocksbox partnership and I’m so glad that I was. I actually purchased this set from my first box and couldn’t be more thrilled with my choice. I love the dainty look of stackable rings and love that you can wear them together or separate, and even add them to other rings in your collection. If you’re interested in my Rockbox review, you can check it out HERE. Also, if you’re interested in trying Rocksbox out for yourself, you can get your first month free with code: brittebabe15xoxo
6. Simply Cool PJ Shorts: I love a good pair of PJ shorts and these are no exception. The classic blue stripping is super chic and they even have a button-up top to match! I will say, they are a smidge see-through, so be sure to keep that in mind when you’re wearing them around the house. Despite that small little detail, I really enjoy them and find that they fit TTS (M)!
7. Threshold 21oz Stonewear Mug: Not much to say about this other than it’s a cute mug that holds a good amount of coffee! If this pattern isn’t your cup of tea, the Threshold line has a slew of options to choose from! NOTE: It’s microwave and dishwasher safe!
8. Fabletics Powerhold 7/8 Leggings: You guys…I can’t even believe how good these leggings are. I finally bit the bullet and placed my first Fabletics order and am blown away by the fit and quality of each item. I know these monthly services aren’t for everyone, and remembering to skip a month so you aren’t charged is a pain in the butt; however, if you’ve thought about ordering from them in the past, it’s worth becoming a VIP member just to get these leggings and then cancel. Seriously, they’re that good. They’re high-waisted, thick while remaining breathable and super opaque. I wore them for a workout/dance class this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised with how amazing they felt! NOTE: I will be showcasing everything I got in my order via insta-stories tonight, so follow me there and stay tuned for that!
9. Adidas Questar Flow Sneakers: Shocker, another pair of Adidas sneakers make a favorites list; I’m sure you’re not surprised. You guys know how much I love my Adidas Swift Runs and though I own a couple pairs of those, I wanted to give these bad boys a go! Compared to my Swift Runs, these offer a bit more ankle support and come up a bit higher in the front foot area. They’re insanely comfortable, super flattering on the feet and fit TTS (7.5).
10. Relaxed Tencel Shirt: You guys, this shirt is so stinking soft. I love the washed, lived-in olive shade and think this would be perfect for a casual weekend on the town or tucked into a pair of slacks for the office. It features a comfortable relaxed fit and runs TTS! If you’re not a fan of olive green, it comes in a variety of other colors as well.
11. Water-Resistant Anorak Coat: I don’t know what the weather is like where you guys live, but it has been insanely rainy over the past couple of months here in Atlanta. I finally bit the bullet and invested in a cute rain coat. I love how long it is and find that it does a nice job keeping me dry when I’m out and about in the middle of a monsoon (dramatic much?). I snagged the navy shade but think the yellow would be super cute as well! NOTE: Fits TTS.
12. Express Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans: I know I’ve talked about these jeans before so I’ll keep it short and sweet. I love them. I think they’re flattering on my body type and feel that they run TTS!
So that wraps up my February favorites! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and were inspired to try out some new things! What were you loving in the month of February? Anything I need to try?! Leave me a comment down below and let’s chat!