Happy Monday, friends and welcome back! I hope you all had a great weekend; mine was…interesting. I ended up with a bacterial sinus infection (again) and had to get on some medication (thank goodness it’s helping) and then had what I like to call, ‘the glue gun incident of 2020’ on Saturday; clearly this year is off to a hot start…literally. However, despite feeling under the weather the last few days, I was able to work on my 2019 high-end beauty favorites and am so happy that I get to share them you all! If high-end isn’t your thing (I totally get it), I uploaded my drugstore favorites of 2019 on Saturday, which you can check out HERE! Now that I’ve rambled on for far too long, let’s jump into some beauty products, shall we?!
**Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links**
1. Mac Fix + – $28: I love using Mac Fix + to prep my skin for makeup application. It also works great at helping melt all of the powders into my skin if I’m looking a little dry!
2. Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer – $16: I’ve talked about this primer before, and I’ll talk about it again; it’s hands down my favorite primer of all time. It’s pore filling without being too silicone-y and helps my makeup lay nicely on my skin. I have linked the travel size because that’s typically what I buy. I find that it lasts a long time so there’s no need to spend the extra $$ for the full size..and bonus: it’s easy to travel with!
3. Becca First Light Priming Filter – $39: I love using this when I need a little extra hydration and little extra glow! It has a lightweight sheer finish and the most pleasant citrus scent; great for getting your morning started off on the right foot! 🙂
4. Lancóme Teint Idole Foundation (220 Buff C) – $47: This is one of the standout foundations of 2019 for me. The coverage is flawless, it lasts all day on the skin and color-matching is a breeze…which is a miracle! I know it’s pricey, but y’all, it’s 1000% worth the money.
5. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (Yukon) – $47: In addition to the Teint Idole foundation, Nars Sheer Glow was another great find for me. It has an extensive shade range, a lightweight finish with medium coverage and is hydrating without being too dewy (I don’t love too much dew). If you have dry skin, I think it’s worth a try (I think even normal/combo gals would like it) 🙂
6. Becca Under Eye Primer – $32: I picked this up after a couple of bloggers raved about it and I’m so glad that I did. You guys know that I struggle with incredibly dry under eyes (even when I use an eye cream) and this has truly made a difference in the way makeup applies. It helps my concealer to glide on and not look so cakey *praise hands* and for that, it’s a staple in my routine.
7. Becca Under Eye Corrector – $32: This is another product I tried off of a YouTuber’s recommendation (LeighAnn Says); and I can’t go a day without it. I put the tiniest amount in the inner corner area and it helps to brighten things up so that I don’t have to use as much concealer. If you struggle with a dark, hollow inner corner area, I think it’s worth a shot. Also, you only need the tiniest amount so it will last you for ages!
8. Too Faced Born This Way Concealer (Cream Puff) – $29: Aside from the Makeup Revolution concealer, this was my other favorite of 2019! It’s creamy and has medium (to full) buildable coverage. The only complaint I have, is that I find it hard to color match (similar to the foundation); the shades that say they are for a cool/pink undertone still tend to pull a little yellow on my skin. The shade Cream Puff has been my go-to and is the best match for me; however, when I self-tan, I find that it’s little too light and can’t seem to find anything else in the range that REALLY works for me (sad, I know). In any case, if you find a shade that’s suitable for your skintone, I think it’s a great option!
9. Too Faced Ethereal Setting Powder – $33: Y’all already know I love this powder; it’s lightweight, sets the face and never leaves me looking cakey.
10. Benefit Roller Lash – $25: Best mascara. Hands down.
11. ABH Soft Glam Palette – $42: I think one of my favorite palettes of 2018 was the Modern Renaissance palette from ABH (honestly, who didn’t like that palette?); but I wanted to try something different last year and I absolutely fell in love with this neutral dream! The shadows blend like butter, are insanely pigmented and stay on the eyes all day long! I find it great for travel as the packaging isn’t too bulky, and I think the color story allows you to create a plethora of looks!
12. Benefit Cookie Highlighter – $30: Yaasssssss! Another recommendation from LeighAnn on YouTube and y’all, this highlight is STUNNING. It’s not overly blinding (though it can be built up), but it’s absolutely beautiful on the skin. At first I thought it would be too dark on me, but somehow, it works! If you have a really light skintone, you may want to pass on this and opt for the Ofra highlight linked above!
13. Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder – $39: The setting powders of all setting powders. I use this when I’m trying to really look flawless; there’s just something about this powder that makes your skin look airbrushed to perfection.
14. Benefit Bad Girl Bang Mascara – $25: Despite Roller Lash taking my top spot in the mascara category, the Bad Girl Bang was a close second! Sometimes I will layer the two if I’m going for SUPER dramatic lashes; however, I mainly use this for bottom lash mascara as I find the thinner wand to be great at getting those tiny hairs without making a huge mess!
15. Tarte Chrome Paint (Top Yacht & Frosé) – $22: The best glitter shadows ever! I have 4 of the chrome paints in my collection and think they add the perfect amount of oomph on the eyelid! I’m a person that likes to wear shimmer on the eyes every day, so these are 1000% worth the $$ in my opinion!
16. ABH Contour Kit (Light/Medium) – $40: I started using this early on in the year to contour and have been loving it ever since. It’s an oldie but a goodie and has lasted me all year. Bonus: I still haven’t hit pan!
17. Buxom Wanderlust Blush (Mykonos & Dolly) – $22: These are hands down the most beautiful blushes I own. I was a little thrown off when looking at the colors in the pan but you guys, they are stunning. They don’t overpower your look but are easily buildable, and the luminous finish is to die for! Oh! I should also mention, they last a million years on the cheeks. 10 out of 10 would recommend!
18. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush (Seduce) – $29: If you’re looking for a matte blush, Tarte is the way to go! I don’t know what it is about the amazonian clay formula, but these things don’t budge. They come in a variety of colors and look beautiful on the skin!
19. Ofra Glazed Donut Highlighter – $29: Pheeewwwwwwwww; if you’re looking for a blinding highlight, this is the one for you (really anything from Ofra). This is the Ofra x NikkieTutorials collab and I’m so glad that I have this in my collection! This is perfect for those of you that want a blinding highlight and have fair to light skin! I also think it makes for a killer inner corner highlight…swoon!
20. Fenty Bronzer (Inda Sun & Shady Biz) – $30: While I typically use the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, this got a fair bit of love from me last year; especially in the summer! It’s a little warmer in tone than PF so when it’s a million degrees outside, it’s a really good option! As I come in to the summer months, I use the shade ‘Inda Sun,’ however; when I’m a little more bronzed, I tend to reach for ‘Shady Biz.’ Both are great options and make you look like you just got back from vacation!
21. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Liner (Whiskey, Smoke & Loaded) – $22: If I need something to stay in my waterline all day, this is what I reach for. They come in a slew of colors, never smudge and are easy to smoke out (when you want that kind of look). Also, I forgot to mention my favorite drugstore liners in my last post, so if you’re looking for something a little more budget friendly, you can find my favorites HERE & HERE! 🙂
22. ABH Brow Wiz (Medium Brown) – $25: For the first half of 2019 I used this pencil more than any other, and I loved it. However, at the rate I run through brow pencils, I needed to find a cheaper alternative (HERE) and have been using that one ever since.
23. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (Dolce Vita) – $27: I bought one of these for my mom last year and ended up falling in love with the formula myself (shocker). And let me tell ya, they aren’t kidding when they say ‘velvet matte’ finish. The larger size makes it apply like a regular lipstick but the pencil shape ensures a precise application every time *hallelujah* If you’re looking for a full-proof, stay all day lipstick, I recommend these!
24. Bare Minerals BAREPRO Lipstick (Petal, Cinnamon & Raspberry) – $20: This is a more recent find (last few months) for me and despite having to wear a thin layer of lip balm underneath, I really like them! They’re long-wearing, don’t budge (on me) and easy to apply; can you ask for anything else?! NOTE: As previously mentioned, if you have dry lips, a light layer of lip balm should help add the extra moisture you need!
25. Buxom Full-On Lip Polish (Dolly, White Russian & Brandi) – $21: I mean, do I even need to explain why these made the list?! The Buxom glosses are my favorite of all time, hands down. They come in a slew of colors, aren’t overly sticky and give you the best pout. I wear them alone or on top of other lip colors and highly recommend grabbing a couple for your collection!
26. Fenty Gloss Bomb (FU$$Y) – $18: Aside from the Buxom glosses, this was the standout gloss of 2019. I have all 3 shades and love them all; however, FU$$Y is definitely my most used. They look great on a variety of skintones and are perfect alone or over top of other lipsticks. Upon first application it’s a TAD sticky but then quickly melts into the lips leaving a luminous pouty finish! If you haven’t already, I would grab one and give it a try; this lives in my makeup bag at all times!
27. Hourglass Ambient Light Powder (Mood Light) – $48: I love to use the Hourglass Ambient lighting powders to finish things off and give me a subtle all-over glow! You just swirl a fluffy brush into the pan, apply gently all over the face and BOOM, you look like a goddess! Don’t believe me? Grab the mini size and give it a try! It’s not something that I use every day, but I would say I reach for it over half the time I sit down to do my makeup and for that, I feel like it deserves some praise!
28. BareMinerals Mineral Concealer (Bisque) – $20: The concealer that I legitimately cannot live without. I’m not a fan of using liquid concealer to cover blemishes as I find that they end up leaving me cakey and gross, which is obviously not ideal. If I have any problem areas that I need to cover, I will apply this at the end of my routine before setting my face and find that it stays put all day and leaves me looking fresh and not cakey. If you have trouble covering blemishes and redness with your normal concealer, I HIGHLY recommend trying this out. I’ve repurchased it several times and ALWAYS have it on me…it’s that good.
28. Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray – $33: The OG of all setting sprays. I will say, because I use the Morphe Continuous Setting Mist a good bit, I only use this about half the time I do my makeup! Despite that fact, I still highly recommend giving it a try if you haven’t already. I repurchase it often and can’t see that changing any time soon. It also lasts a lot longer than the Morphe spray so there’s that!
29. Farsali Rose Gold Skin Mist – $39: A dry girl’s dream! If you struggle keeping your makeup looking fresh and radiant all day long, I recommend a mist like this. While I love using this in the winter months to combat dryness, I think adding this to my routine in the summertime is nice because it makes me look like I just stepped off the island of Figi (yaasssssssss); and who doesn’t want that?! Also, if you have oily skin, I wouldn’t write this off completely, I know a lot of oily girls that really like this when used in conjunction with a mattifying primer 🙂
Phew, that was a long one; if you made it all the way to the end, you are the REAL MVP! I hope you enjoyed this post and that it gave you some insight on products you might want to try out! Obviously everyone’s skin and preferences are different, so I’d love to know what you were loving last year; you know I’m always trying to find the next best thing!
If makeup and beauty isn’t your thing, I’ll be back on Wednesday with my lifestyle and fashion favorites of 2019, so stay tuned for that! Until next time…