Happy New Year, friends and welcome back; I can’t believe it’s already 2021. For most of us, 2020 was an absolute mess; at times it felt like the year was moving slower than a snails pace and at other times I felt like it flew by. While I know last year brought a lot of loss, heartbreak and just overall sadness; I hope you and your family were able to find some enjoyment during the holiday season. While I didn’t do a whole lot during 2020, I decided (like everyone) to jump back into the blog with my yearly makeup favorites from last year. I don’t want to ramble on too much, so I’ll just jump right in!
**Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links**
1. Nars Radiant Longwear Foundation (Mont Blanc) – $49: I’ve talked about this foundation before so I’ll keep it brief. This is what I wore on my wedding day and it held up through the humidity, a monsoon and all the tears. It has medium-to-full coverage and leaves your skin with a radiant finish without being oily. 🙂
2. Milk Makeup Flex Highlighter (Iced) – $28: I rotated between three highlighters this year (I love them all) and this was definitely my most used. It melts into the skin like butter and can be absolutely blinding if you’re not careful!
3. Bare Minerals Concealer (Bisque) – $20: If you’ve been around a while then you know how much I love this product. I still use a liquid concealer for most things; however, if I have a stubborn blemish or any redness that just can’t be covered, I add a tiny bit of this to a small concealer brush and buff it in. It does wonders and has saved the day on more than occasion. 10/10 would recommend.
4. Bleu de Chanel – $128: This was one of the gifts I got for David for our wedding. I know I’ve shared it before but we love it so much I thought it was worth mentioning again. It’s perfect for this time of year as it’s a little more sweet in nature; it has both citrus and woodsy notes and is an absolute dream.
5. L’Oreal Freshwear Foundation (Rose Ivory – 415) – $14.99: This may be my most used foundation of 2020. It’s lightweight, has medium coverage and looks beautiful on the skin. And while the name suggests that it is more dewy in nature, I find that both dry and oily girls love it!
6. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Setting Spray – $35: I’ll be honest, I didn’t start using this until the last 3 months of the year but I love it so much I had to include it. You guys know that I’m loyal to the UD All Nighter setting spray, and while I still love it, I think this one is just a little bit better. It keeps my makeup looking fresh all day and really cuts down on transfer when wearing a mask. I know it’s a little pricey but I think it’s 100% worth it!
7. T3 SinglePass Curling Iron – $160: I’ve had this curling iron for 2 years and I still love it. It heats up quick and my curls last for days needing only minimal touch-ups. Also, I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel like this curling iron does a lot less damage to my hair than all the others. Again, I know it’s kind of pricey but I really like it.
8. Essence Matte Bronzer (01) – $4.99: A bronzer for $5 bucks?! You can’t beat that! I picked this up after seeing Allie Glines talk about it on her YouTube channel. We have similar skintones and after seeing it on her, I knew I had to give it a try. I use the lightest shade (shocker) and find that it gives a natural sun kissed glow to the skin; it has a matte finish that’s not too cool and not too warm!
9. Elf Bite Size Eyeshadow Palette – $3: Y’all! These Elf bite size eye shadow palettes are so good. They come in 4 different color/theme combinations and are all you need to create a full eye look. For $3 bucks, you can’t beat it. I have all 4 and love them equally.
10. Buxom Wanderlust Blush (Dolly / Ibiza) – $23: If you’ve never tried the Buxom blushes, you’re missing out. I know the color can look a little scary in the pan if you’re into more natural tones; however, once you put them on the cheeks, they blend in so effortlessly and last all day..
11. Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo – $25: You all know my love for dry shampoo runs deep; I use it just about every day to add a little texture (only when curling) and to ensure that my hair never gets greasy. As someone who only washes their hair once every week and a half (don’t judge me), I find that a little dry shampoo before bed helps keep things pretty and fresh. While I love the Batiste Dry Shampoo (I use it often), my favorite is this one from Amika. It’s lightweight, smells amazing and doesn’t leave the gritty texture that most dry shampoos do. Though it’s $25 a bottle, I continue to repurchase it because it’s just that good!
12. Kenra Dry Texture Spray 6 – $22: I use this after curling my hair to add a little extra volume, texture and oomph! It’s lightweight, never crunchy and smells amazing!
13. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder (Fair / Fair Light) – $7.99: While I love the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder, I tend to reach for this one more often. I love that it comes in a variety of shades and offers a little extra coverage than a traditional finishing powder. I find that it sits nicely under my eyes when setting my concealer and never leaves me feeling or looking cakey. I use shades Fair and Fair-Light and think they are 1000% worth picking up if you’ve never tried them.
14. Milk Hydro Grip Primer – $30: This is another last minute find. I had been dying to try this primer and I was lucky enough to get it from my friend, Dawn for Christmas. Ever since getting it, it’s all I’ve used. I know everyone’s skin is different and some people may not get along with this particular product, but I love it. It grips my makeup and keeps things looking fresh all day long!
15. Maybelline Lifter Gloss (Moon / Petal) – $8.99: If you’re a fan of the Fenty glosses I think you will love this option from Maybelline. They’re very similar in texture and formula and only 1/2 the price. I use shades Moon & Petal. NOTE: Moon is VERY similar to FU$$Y from Fenty!
16. Lancôme Idôle Perfume Spray – $29: I ended up getting this as a sample in one of my ULTA orders early last year and fell in love with the scent. I typically stick to my Chanel & YSL favorites but really loved the light citrus & floral notes in this perfume. I decided to pick up the purse spray to make sure I loved it and can confirm that I will be purchasing the bigger bottle when it’s time to re-up my perfume collection!
So that wraps up my 2020 makeup favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post and that you’re 2021 is off to a good start! What were you loving last year?! Anything you think I need to try?! Leave a comment down below and let’s chat!