Happy Friday, Friends and welcome back! I hope you all are having a good week and are gearing up for the weekend ahead! David and I have been apartment hunting (quite the task I tell ya) so hoping we get some good news soon! Anyways, as you can tell by the title, today I’m sharing my top 15 drugstore makeup products with you all! Some of these you’ve seen me talk about before and others will be new! If you’re looking to start the new year with some affordable beauty gems, this post is for you! Let’s jump right in!
**Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links**
1. L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer (Ash Brown) – $8.99: Long gone are the days of paying $20+ dollars for a brow pencil. The drugstore has really stepped up their game in that department and this brow definer from L’Oreal is one of my favorites. It’s not overly waxy but gives you enough to keep your brow hairs in place and comes in 10 shades! If you’re a fan of a skinny brow pencil, give this one a go!
2. Catrice Mattifying Powder – $8: I love using this in my t-zone as a finishing powder, especially in the summer time. Despite having super dry skin, I find that this sits beautifully on the face and never leaves me looking dry or cakey.
3. Pixi Glow Mist – $15: If you have dry skin, give this a try. I use this several times while getting ready and find that it eliminates any powdery finish and gives me a little extra hydration when my skin is looking parched. I especially like to use this when blending out my undereye concealer; I just spritz a little on my beauty blender and find that it keeps that area extra hydrated and less cakey.
4. Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder (Fair & Fair Light) – $7.99: I’ve talked about this powder a lot so I’ll keep it brief. It’s one of the best loose powders on the market and I love that it provides a little extra coverage. It comes in 8 shades and is great for all skin types!
5. Pixi Glitter Eye Quad (Gold Lava) – $14: Y’all! Look at these shadows! How stinking pretty! In the age of COVID I really haven’t been wearing a ton of eyeshadow. I usually throw some bronzer in my crease and add one of these shadows on the lid for a pop of sparkle! I’m someone that likes to wear shimmery or glittery shadows on the lid every day so I absolutely fell in love with this quad the first time I saw it! If you’re looking for a brighter look, they have 2 other color options!
6. L’Oreal Blush Please! Blush (Blushin’ in St. Tropez) – $9.99: If you’re looking for a NARS Orgasm dupe, this is it! I find that this stays on my cheeks all day long and never looks clown-like or streaky in any way! 10/10 would recommend!
7. Elf Wow Brow (Taupe) – $4: Just like brow pencils, I’m not spending over $20 dollars on a brow gel. I tried this after someone recommended it to me and I LOVE it. It comes in 3 shades and REALLY keeps my brows in place. I know I have darker hair but I like using the taupe shade in my brows to give them a more natural look!
8. Beakey Blenders (Pack of 5)- $8.99: I know every blogger on planet earth has talked about these but they really are that good! you get a pack of 5 for under $10 dollars and I find that they work just as well as the Real Techniques sponges and any other drugstore brand. I refuse to pay the $$ for a legitimate Beauty Blender…it just doesn’t make sense. I tend to use 2 sponges every time I do my makeup so having a pack of 5 for less than half of the cost of a Beauty Blender is a no-brainer for me.
9. Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer (Fair Beige) – $6: While I still love my Makeup Revolution Concealer, I have REALLY been loving the ELF Hydrating Camo Concealer. It’s full coverage, creamy and never leaves me looking cakey. If you’re more oily, they have a regular non-hydrating version that’s amazing as well!
10. L’Oreal Lumi Glotion (Light & Medium) – $14.99: I’ve been using this for years and will continue using it. I typically put it on under my foundation and it gives me the prettiest glow to the skin that lasts all day!
11. Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation (Rose Beige) – $11:I tried this early last year and fell in love! It comes in 26 shades and gives me a flawless medium to full coverage finish. Even though it’s a mattifying foundation, if I prep my skin correctly, I don’t find it to be too drying on the face.
12. Maybelline Lifter Gloss (Moon & Petal) – $8.99: If you like the Fenty Gloss Bombs, you will love these. They have a very similar formula and the shade ‘Moon’ is pretty much a dupe for Fenty’s ‘FU$$Y.’ They’re not overly sticky and create the prettiest pout! I highly recommend checking them out!
13. Milani Setting Spray – 9.99: I still love the Milani setting spray. It does a great job keeping my makeup fresh and in place all day! Bonus: I love the way it smells.
14. Elf Halo Glow Powder (Light & Pink) – $8: If you’ve seen me talk about the YSL Glow Powder and have been wanting to try it but don’t want to spend the $50 dollars, this is for you! I swear this makes my skin look like I have on a beauty filter. I wear both the light and light pink shades and love the subtle glow it gives my face. Swoon.
15. L’Oreal Lash Primer – $8.99: If you’re not a false lash kinda gal and rock mascara every time you wear makeup, I highly recommend using a lash primer. I find that it makes a huge difference and really helps me get the most out of my mascara. I go back and forth between the Lancome CILS Booster and this one from L’Oreal; both are great and for under $10, I don’t think you can go wrong.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and found some affordable makeup inspo! I know beauty products can be OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive so I wanted to round up some of the my favorite products that I use every time I do my makeup to show you that you don’t need to spend a ton of $$ to get the look you want! If you’re less into makeup and more into skincare, I have my top drugstore skincare products coming your way next week! Until next time…